Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-13-2015, 02:11 PM   #1
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
IPF Supercharger last Chance

Hey Guys and Gals,

After some serious consideration we have decided to discontinue the IPF 3.6L Camaro Supercharger kit to pursue other platforms and focus on our software business. We are considering one last production run for both LLT or LFX engines. The price will be $5995 for either kit and we will need 4 more orders to proceed, if we cannot find 4 buyers we will just pull the plug. Soooo... if you want one, its now or never.

We do have some other surplus parts and will continue to stock wear items (pulleys and hardware) for maintenance.

If any shops, investors, small business or manufacturer is interested in purchasing the manufacturing rights, intellectual property and design feel free to contact me as well.

I may be reached at 888.222.4291 or andy@kpe-products.com
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #2
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Thanks for keeping the stock parts !
Old 07-14-2015, 11:52 AM   #3
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Glad you guys are keeping the wear items, especially the idler pulley's.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #4
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Thanks for keeping the stock parts. Is their any alternative power steering brackets at this time? I really need one...the ipf one is causing the metal clamp on the hydraulic hose to tear the radiator hose.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #5
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
When is the deadline to place an order? I'm trying to make funds available to get one.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #6
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I wouldn't like the idea of buying a FI system that's being discontinued. Maybe if it was a smoking deal but definitely not at full price.

I guess it might make sense for someone with a 10-11 as they will pretty much have no good options now.

I was sad to see this, I know the market is small for v6 FI but I'm suprised they are discontinuing it. Seems like all the jigs would be made and a kit could be built anytime maybe just raise the price.. But I'm a mechanic not a businessman so I'm sure there's more to it than that. I know Fabberge told me they never intended to sell a ton of v6 kits. The future will bring more sales with the car getting older.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:48 PM   #7
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Predictable....

With the Turbo V4's coming out from Chevy on the 6th Gen it will almost render the V6 engine obsolete. Too bad as the LFX is a great engine. I loved my 13' LFX when I had it.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #8
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I wouldn't like the idea of buying a FI system that's being discontinued. Maybe if it was a smoking deal but definitely not at full price.

I guess it might make sense for someone with a 10-11 as they will pretty much have no good options now.

I was sad to see this, I know the market is small for v6 FI but I'm suprised they are discontinuing it. Seems like all the jigs would be made and a kit could be built anytime maybe just raise the price.. But I'm a mechanic not a businessman so I'm sure there's more to it than that. I know Fabberge told me they never intended to sell a ton of v6 kits. The future will bring more sales with the car getting older.
This is the first production FI kit to market for these cars, we have been doing these for about 4 years, if we raise the price any more, no one would buy it... CNC Machined parts made in the USA are expensive... If you ask a machinist to make one or two pieces the price goes up by 500%+ no kidding, we must build 50 units at a time to be in the proper profit margins, Not to mention the expensive Vortech head units must also be bought in quantity's as well for distributor pricing.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:33 PM   #9
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Predictable....

With the Turbo V4's coming out from Chevy on the 6th Gen it will almost render the V6 engine obsolete. Too bad as the LFX is a great engine. I loved my 13' LFX when I had it.
Exactly, we are focusing on new technology and upcoming models. Also filling in the gaps for tuning software for all the vehicles we support, adding more vehicles every day. Cars, Trucks, SUV, Diesel's and more!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #10
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
When is the deadline to place an order? I'm trying to make funds available to get one.
If there is not sufficient interest in the next few weeks we will just shut it down... this was my idea really just for any die hard fans to get one.

We don't have overstock to blow out, these would all be new builds. There is no inventory on full kits right now, thus being the perfect time to pull the plug.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:04 PM   #11
IPF-Tuning

We ARE NOT going out of business... we are actually expanding. Our focus has shifted to our software business only. That is all, we are launching a whole new line of tuning products
Old 07-17-2015, 04:32 PM   #12
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Will you keep wear and tear parts in stock?
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #13
Nikolaus

Drives: Camaro 2LT EU ver.
Hi I'm from China and I really love your supercharged kits for V6 Camaro. It really shocked me to know that you are going to stop manufacture this kit any more. I would like to get this last chance to place an order for my 2012 LFX automatic 2LT camaro. So here is the question, how could I buy it from China? Through an authorized dealer or international shipping? How to tune by your side? So much thanks and I really want to achieve this dream.
Nikolaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:54 AM   #14
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Can IPF tell us where you get your pulleys made? The Vortech ones have an offset while IPF is centered.

Tags
ipf, lfx camaro, llt camaro, supercharger, twin turbo