Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
News from my dealer...not sure how to interpret.

I received the following email from my dealer yesterday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Dealer
I have some very exciting news for the new upcoming Camaro orders. I received a call from our GM representative today stating we will be receiving our 6 preliminary orders, therefore, I feel that CONGRATS are in order. We have been told that GM will begin pulling through our sold orders as soon as next week, so please let me know if there are any changes you would like made to your orders. Now it is possible that they may not pull our orders through for another month, but we were told to take precautionary measures, just in case. For instance, if they pull YOUR order next week, we want to make sure it is built the way you have designed your NEW 2010 Camaro. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Once again, we greatly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and congratulations!
Ok...first, I don't want to incite a riot of speculation...I have read just about every thread related to orders/delays in production/etc...so hopefully we won't turn this thread into a slugfest.

The only thing that I'm 'interpreting' from this, is that GM reviewed all of my dealers sold orders and validated that they would all be accepted and built in the first allocation. Good news due to some speculation and fear mongering that if a dealer had all 'v8' sold orders for their initial allocation...they would not get them all because of a lopsided v6/v8 order mix.

I also believe it confirms that even though your 'first' in line at your dealer...your order might not actually be 'pulled' first. Not a big deal once you get confirmation that you order will be 'accepted' in the initial allocation.

I honestly feel fortunate to have chosen the dealer I did...
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
interesting...

Keep us posted.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
Jimmy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Camaro
These next 5 months are going to be fun with everyone posting the status of their orders. My salesman is a little slow with information. He sent an email 2 days ago notifying me of the 1 month delay (IDL 1/9/09).
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
These next 5 months are going to be fun with everyone posting the status of their orders. My salesman is a little slow with information. He sent an email 2 days ago notifying me of the 1 month delay (IDL 1/9/09).
5 months OMG !!! why so long

Someone got to have a camaro sooner than that

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote