Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 02-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
need4speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS 6spd Man
Insurance Pricing

Ok so heres the deal. I am 18 years old and own Camaro 2ss rs. The car is currently insured under my father and doesn't cost much, however he wants it out of his name and insurance as "he has too many vehicles in his name" Lol he has about 8, but anyways I have to put the insurance in my name, I was quoted by Allstate for full coverage for approximately $3100 a year and about $250 something a month. Does this seem like a good price quote or not? Now for those of you who think that I should own this car because I am 18 turning 19 soon, that I don't know how to handle a car with that much power think again. I am aware of the raw power these beasts have, I have been racing quads and driving since I was 12 and have been driving the camaro for well over a year. I know how to drive, I have a flawless driving record, have taken defensive driving course and have had 0 accidents. I work and pay monthly payments like everyone else unless you already paid it off.
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
Stork21

Drives: '11 Blk 2SS/RS Vert (Lilith)
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
Ok so heres the deal. I am 18 years old and own Camaro 2ss rs. The car is currently insured under my father and doesn't cost much, however he wants it out of his name and insurance as "he has too many vehicles in his name" Lol he has about 8, but anyways I have to put the insurance in my name, I was quoted by Allstate for full coverage for approximately $3100 a year and about $250 something a month. Does this seem like a good price quote or not? Now for those of you who think that I should own this car because I am 18 turning 19 soon, that I don't know how to handle a car with that much power think again. I am aware of the raw power these beasts have, I have been racing quads and driving since I was 12 and have been driving the camaro for well over a year. I know how to drive, I have a flawless driving record, have taken defensive driving course and have had 0 accidents. I work and pay monthly payments like everyone else unless you already paid it off.
I wouldn't say it's completely over the top. My son is about to turn 19 (no tickets/accidents/good student, etc) and pays just over $200 a month on his own for a 2008 Jeep Patriot. And that's with USAA. He paid his own insurance while on my policy and it was about $175-$190 a month. My point is he's paying not much less than that and not for a V8 sports car.

Where you live makes a difference. He's a college student in Houston. I don't know about Jersey.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
why don't you go ahead and call about 5 agents, then you'll know for sure