Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-03-2014, 11:30 AM   #1
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Anyone else had wheel/tires problem with dealer?

My goodyears were cracked when I picked the car up and just got the tires replaced. Firstly they ordered four right tires and had to wait for them to re order the left ones. then they gouged a wheel and ordered me a new one. Now I just noticed that two rims are chipped going to have them pay for the repair then never letting them touch my wheels again!
Old 04-03-2014, 12:15 PM   #2
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Thats really awful and inconvenient, but good that it happened at the dealer and they will have to make you whole again. Sadly there are lazy 'who cares' techs everywhere and its just the name of the game.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #3
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
I had an in depth conversation with a good year rep because one of my tires cracked and my dealer brokered a time for good year to examine it. I think they just didn't want to cover it. I learned the side wall cracking is cosmetic only. I know it's hard to believe and I even told the regional rep I didn't believe him. He then pulled up an official notice from corporate that stated the cracking is cosmetic only. I still don't really trust them and wouldn't track the car with the cracks but I've been driving on it for 2k miles without issue.

Once these wear down I'm going a different route for tires.
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 PM   #4
drunKenobi

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE Krypton Green
I picked up a nail on a rear tire the day I pulled it out of winter storage and took it to the dealer. I spoke with the shop manager to upgrade to 305's and voiced some concerns over potential rim damage. He said their machine handles up to 22's and not to worry.

Well I got a call to inform me there was a problem. Went down to the garage and he showed me where the machine left a white mark around the rims. He said the plastic piece on the machine was there to protect it but the tech botched the job. It kinda looked like someone took a white crayola and smashed it into the raised areas of the spokes.

They promised to fix or replace the rims, and that the tech did the same thing to a Vette (all 4 rims) before saying something to someone. They had the body shop clean them up somehow because they look good as new. Very frustrating but they took care of it.
drunKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
Schluney

Agreed I would not track the car/ drive at high speed with the cracks luckily they replaced mine under warranty.. When I went to pick up my wheels last time the tech wouldn't respond to my questions just walked away but the service manager is a nice guy.. If I ever need warranty work I won't be going there
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #6
MySwtZ

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
I've been to two different dealers and have had wheel damage both times. first time both front wheels and second time the left front. looks like its from when the lazy careless tech is kicking the lift arms under or out from under the car they hit the wheels and put small knicks in them
MySwtZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 10:44 PM   #7
Schluney

Can't stand lazy techs!! The only way I will take my car to a dealer is if I need a pricey part and it's covered under warranty otherwise I do all my own work... Service manager has been on vacation and no one else can make the call on wether they pay for repair or not so when he's back hopefully he does the right thing
Old 04-05-2014, 11:24 PM   #8
littlebuffalo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
My front drivers side wheel was damaged in transit. Dealer ordered a new one, then chipped the paint mounting the tire. The paint on these wheels is horrid, I'm scared when it comes time for tires. I'm still dealing with them making things right. Old service manager quit and new one has no idea what's going on. He wants to see the wheel, but will have to wait for warm weather car has been in storage since November.
littlebuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote