Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #1
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Thumbs up SC2150 and CNC vmax tb

I recently purchased a VMAX Cnc throttle body for my LS3 2011 camaro. I wanted to provide feedback on the excellent service I received from SC2150 (Tracy).

I ordered 7/29 via paypal and all appeared to be well. I sent a few email to the RXproducts email address looking for a shipping updates so I could have a time frame as to when I may expect the unit. I always received prompt response with accurate info.

About 3.5 weeks later I get my TB, . I looks not quite right. Its for a V6 and not a V8. Oh crap. I quickly determine that 1. I responded in the v6 thread about my order and 2. did not specify on my paypal what I wanted.

I call and leave Tracy a message which is returned the next day as he is recently recovering from knee surgery (I knew this and expected is may be a bit). I the meantime I sent the unit back the same day received.

Tracy called me tells me I am not the first to do this and that he can get it corrected.

I received my correct TB yesterday, well packaged and without issue. Already installed it and am sending the core back this evening.

I am assuming I will have no issues with my core refund given everything so far.

I would highly recommend SC2150 and the VMAX unit. I would also recommend specifying which engine it is for when you order.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Please give us a review of the throttle body when you get a chance. Thank you.
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Not really much to review.

Its a V8 throttle body, remove the old one install the Vmax machined one using the existing screws torqued to 84 INCH pounds in a X pattern.

Took the car out for a test drive last night and obviously coming in this morning to work. Throttle response is greatly improved. Prior to the upgrade I would notice a bit of a lag or I would jerk a bit when letting off the clutch. Now it is much smoother especially when "cold" which is relative since it is so dayam hot here.

Biggest thing I have noticed is the throttle response is just "there". I step on it and no lag or hesitation. I especially like this because I try to be easy on my clutch since I hate the smell that comes off when you slip it. Having the improved throttle response makes the herky jerkies go away.

Hope that helps.
Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Tracy is always a great help and sure he will only sell you the best!

Enjoy the TB.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
SC2150 is definitely a company you can TRUST to deliver...

2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote