Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 04-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #211
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Man View Post

Plus you say he played on a mediocre Denver team, really? The same team that Peyton manning took the playoffs and had a winning record? With the same players. Tebow held that team back. Not to mention it was all about him. Not thh number one defense that Denver put up. Not the catches Brandon Lloyd made. No that was tebow magic. The same magic that did nothing for 3 quarters until teams went into prevent and he was able to run.
maybe that's a testimate of how good he actually is? he held Denver back? you realize that same team tebow played for, was 1-4 with orton, before tebow took over, and went 7-4.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #212
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
I hate to tell you there was no first team. They were all back ups.

Yes he was given first team reps. They would split between the three qbs on tuesday and wednesday the decision was made who would continue. Why is it so hard to believe that the coaches wouldn't have played him if they felt he could win them games. Everyone acts like Sanchez is Rex's guy, but Rex didn't care hence drafting geno. Plus Rex was the one advocating Sparano to put him in. Tebow wasn't good enough and that's why the offensive coaching staff decided on McElroy when Sanchez was benched.

When will the overreaction end?
like you said, the whole jets team is a bunch of backups. lol joe Montana, dan marino, Elway, brady, manning...no one would have succeeded on that team. lmao

edit: geno is a bust as well. need to draft another qb next year.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #213
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
Come on you know your just trying to piss me off man. You and I both know tebow sucks. Hence why no other nfl team is giving him a chance!

Yes the jets offense was horrible last year. Some on Sanchez some on the staff around him. It would be hard for any qb to succeed with that roster. Holmes done for the season, Keller played like 4 games, hill went down. They had to bring Braylon Edwards again just fill up the wide receiving corp.

It's funny the jets sucked but they beat the fins and tied their record, so..........what's that say?
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #214
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Plus you say he played on a mediocre Denver team, really? The same team that Peyton manning took the playoffs and had a winning record? With the same players. Tebow held that team back. Not to mention it was all about him. Not thh number one defense that Denver put up. Not the catches Brandon Lloyd made. No that was tebow magic. The same magic that did nothing for 3 quarters until teams went into prevent and he was able to run.
Yes, the same team that Peyton took over and took just as deep into the playoffs as Tebow did. Only difference is that Tebow won a game to get that deep and Peyton had the bye to his advantage. Tebow didn't hold the team back any further than the legendary Peyton.

Quote:
Tebow is what he is; an overrated player who can't throw but wants to be qb. The only reason he is popular is because of his faith. I'm tired of the news coverage espn and the world gives him when he is just a mediocre player.
The reason Tebow became so popular wasn't necessarily his faith, although I won't deny that contributed significantly. He was also a damn good college football player who had a history career with the Gators. First sophomore to win the Heisman in history. Regardless of the role his faith played, he earned the right to be covered significantly because of his play on the field. In the NFL, he has continued to win when given a real opportunity, and so the coverage continues.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #215
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Come on you know your just trying to piss me off man. You and I both know tebow sucks. Hence why no other nfl team is giving him a chance!

Yes the jets offense was horrible last year. Some on Sanchez some on the staff around him. It would be hard for any qb to succeed with that roster. Holmes done for the season, Keller played like 4 games, hill went down. They had to bring Braylon Edwards again just fill up the wide receiving corp.

It's funny the jets sucked but they beat the fins and tied their record, so..........what's that say?
not quite. fins went 7-9 and jets were 6-10.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #216
CJ Man

Peyton lost that game because of a dumb defensive back that allowed jacoby jones get behind him. Ravens were lucky to win (although they deserved to).

Tebow was a great college football player but sometimes it doesn't translate to the nfl. He was given a real chance too, he just can't capitalize on it.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #217
PoorMansCamaro

I do agree though, tebow can't win anything worth winning, in the nfl, with his arm.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #218
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Tebow needs to go to Seattle and back up Russell Wilson. Carol would do wonders for him and getting both of them on the field at the same time would be interesting.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #219
PoorMansCamaro

Offensive Coordinator for the Miami Dolphins, Mike Sherman, on Ryan Tannehill:

Quote:
“This young man will be the most improved quarterback in the National Football League from year one to year two this year – I promise you that,” Sherman told the Dolphins website. “He’s working extremely hard.”
Old 05-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #220
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Tebow needs to go to Seattle and back up Russell Wilson. Carol would do wonders for him and getting both of them on the field at the same time would be interesting.
LOL...I never understood the whole Tebowmania thing. The guy sucks as a QB...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #221
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Offensive Coordinator for the Miami Dolphins, Mike Sherman, on Ryan Tannehill:
what....you expect him to say otherwise ?
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #222
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
what....you expect him to say otherwise ?
he didn't have to say anything.

you don't see jets OC saying anything like that about sanchez, or geno. lol
Old 05-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #223
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
OK, what is it about the New York Jets that generates this kind of controversy? Tebow, Sanchez...now Geno.

The guy fires his agent. Yet, now there's stories about why the agent left, what he did and didn't do and just this media overload in the same way that Tebow was last year.

I kind of feel sorry for him, as I think the town of New York is just going to shred him. Or maybe this will all blow over.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #224
CJ Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
he didn't have to say anything.

you don't see jets OC saying anything like that about sanchez, or geno. lol
Actually they did! And still do! So get the facts straight. Tannehill stats weren't that great last year so he doesn't have to do much to improve.