Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 10-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Sean@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
Thumbs up Doug Thorley Shorty Headers :: +20rwhp, +35rwtq!

This is a great product from Doug Thorley Headers - direct bolt on, ceramic coated, shorty headers for the 2010 Camaro SS. Smog legal and made in the USA!

Doug Thorley Shorty Headers for the 2010 Camaro SS - product page at Phastek Performance

** no tuning needed, will not void factory warranty **

Part number THY-336-C - in stock and ready to ship!
Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #2
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
how much?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #3
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Thats a pretty drastic increase in the lower power range. Is that right guys?
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
how much?
They are currently listed at $674.95 - one of the best bang-per-buck upgrades we have seen so far, besides stock tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
That is the dyno graph provided to us from Doug Thorley Headers. We will be doing our own testing on this product very soon, and I will be sure to keep everyone updated!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #5
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Do you have a letter from GM that this will not void factory warranty? how do you know it will not void it?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #6
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
Do you have a letter from GM that this will not void factory warranty? how do you know it will not void it?
No, nothing "Official" from GM - I doubt there will be any release of that kind for any aftermarket products. The reference to not voiding your factory warranty has more to do with GM's decisions on the "Tunes" and how strict they are being with them. Simply upgrading the exhaust system, cold air intake, etc will not void your factory powertrain warranty.

* Notice in the dyno chart, the torque jumps up after around 3,500 RPMs - everything before that is pretty limited by GM's "torque management" settings in the factory tune.

These shorty headers from Doug Thorley really help improve the bottom end power, as well as top end, while not tampering with GM's "safe" tune setup...
Old 10-13-2009, 07:14 PM   #7
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Can you please explain the differances between the shorties and the long tube headers to me. Dont understand why the long tubes are so much more expensive. Do you get more HP from them? If so, how much more? Will they both pass emissions testing? Thanks for any help
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #8
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Can you please explain the differances between the shorties and the long tube headers to me. Dont understand why the long tubes are so much more expensive. Do you get more HP from them? If so, how much more? Will they both pass emissions testing? Thanks for any help
The long tubes are more difficult to make, and require more materials. They may offer slightly more horsepower on the top end as well. The long tubes replace the location of your stock cats, which will not pass emissions in most states.

The shorty headers will pass emissions and are smog legal as well!
Old 01-04-2010, 11:42 AM   #9
Sean@Phastek

Just letting everyone know these are still a very hot item!

Doug Thorley just completed another huge shipment to recover from the holidays!
Old 01-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
The base line dyno looks like timing is being pulled @ about 4100? It looks like it does make power if you extrapolate the graph, but the gains look smaller than the gains advertised.

Your thoughts would be appreciated...
NinoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #11
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
a note.. these won't void your warranty. call your dealer if ya like but i spoke to mine and they said there's no way what-so-ever simple bolt ons and a safe tune will void the warranty because they can do NO PROVABLE DAMAGE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
they cost more because they produce A LOT more hp and flow much better than shorties. shorties do little more than change the exhaust note with little to no hp gains. but long tube need tuning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
yeah....i call BS on this thread. no way will ANY shorties net this hp or EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS FORUM WOULD HAVE THEM because they're half the price of the LT's.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #12
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean@Phastek View Post

** no tuning needed, will not void factory warranty ** Part number THY-336-C - in stock and ready to ship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoSS View Post
The base line dyno looks like timing is being pulled @ about 4100? It looks like it does make power if you extrapolate the graph, but the gains look smaller than the gains advertised. Your thoughts would be appreciated...
I agree, the dip on the stock pull shouldn't be there, a different stock pull should have been used on the graph by DT. (note the increase in torque at 3500 is the stock tune's torque management settings) The stock car should be making more like 365 peak horsepower to the wheels, not the 359 shown. But shorty headers are going to give you more gains down low on the torque side compared to the horsepower gains anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
yeah....i call BS on this thread. no way will ANY shorties net this hp or EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THIS FORUM WOULD HAVE THEM because they're half the price of the LT's.
Correct, shorties don't add as much power as long tubes, but you also don't need a tune and you don't get any check engine lights or codes, so you can actually pass inspection. They are a great alternative to long tubes, and they do make the power, plus they are an easy bolt on.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #13
Strokedhog

Drives: 2010 2SS M6 Black
Shorty Headers have been a consideration of mine I am looking for more power in the lower RPM range. Were these dyno pulls done with or without cats? Were they done with stock cats or aftermarkets? Also will the stock downpipes and cats bolt to these headers without modifications? Already have cat back exhaust.
Strokedhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:05 PM   #14
Sean@Phastek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokedhog View Post
Shorty Headers have been a consideration of mine I am looking for more power in the lower RPM range. Were these dyno pulls done with or without cats? Were they done with stock cats or aftermarkets? Also will the stock downpipes and cats bolt to these headers without modifications? Already have cat back exhaust.
Both pulls were done with stock cats.

These headers are a direct bolt in that replace the stock exhaust manifolds. They bolt up without any modifications at all.

These shorty headers will also bolt right up to any after-market cat back exhaust.

Tags
doug thorley headers