Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-27-2009, 03:45 PM   #43
CAMARO_MOW

Drives: 2011 White 2SS/RS
I would have to say driving a auto is easy, but there is nothing like driving a manual and being part of the action. I learned on a 86' nissan pickup. Stalled it, bounced it, but it didn't take long. I drive had a manual for years and now drive and auto. Bored to death. I will be getting the manual for sure. Practice makes perfect. Taught my wife, and if she can learn anyone can.... No offense to her...
Old 03-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #44
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by predatoryangel View Post
Also, to keep bein chatty, I recall my dad saying that you can hear when you need to change gears.. mind you 1st is the hardest, which you don't need to "hear".. but I couldn't "hear" when to change gears for years.. if you can get out of 1st you're golden.. after that watch the RPMs til you can "hear"
you can hear/feel when to shift. that takes time and practice to know and will be different amongst vehicle setups. ie: a jeep with a 4.56 rear might require you to rev higher in 1st/2nd/ etc than a camaro with a 3.45 rear.

the real trick however, is shifting without using the clutch pedal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
off topic, but there's only 6 billion people in the world so i don't think its as many as you think that can drive a manual
over the years that manual automobiles have been around, im sure theres over a billion stick drivers. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARO_MOW View Post
Taught my wife, and if she can learn anyone can.... No offense to her...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:31 PM   #45
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
you can hear/feel when to shift. that takes time and practice to know and will be different amongst vehicle setups. ie: a jeep with a 4.56 rear might require you to rev higher in 1st/2nd/ etc than a camaro with a 3.45 rear.

the real trick however, is shifting without using the clutch pedal.

psht! I can... you'll see

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:42 PM   #46
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
T6060

The way I see it , the Camaro for most of us is a melding with the ride and you are the most controlling aspect of the power this baby dishes out and there is "nothing" more fun and more satisfying then getting that lurch during the manual shift and the satisfaction that follows a number of lurches after running thru the gears.........wooohooo ! Thats not to say the sport mode on the paddy shift auto doesnt give you a little bumb but I believe the GM version of the manual mode is soft and a slight hesitant ......blah , I guess thats ok for grandpa who may wany a comfy ride

I want my 2SS LS3 now dam it !!
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote