Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
The quickest breakdown of any vehicle I have bought brand new. Around 200 miles and the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealership and apparently the the air box was deformed. So much for the one month quality hold it was in.
cbass,

Sorry to hear about the check engine light. I'm glad you took it to the dealership where the issue was addressed and corrected for you. Please keep me updated with how the vehicle operates. You are more than welcome to PM me anytime to let me know what's going on.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-07-2013, 03:34 PM   #16
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
Quote:
The quickest breakdown of any vehicle I have bought brand new. Around 200 miles and the check engine light came on. Took it to the dealership and apparently the the air box was deformed. So much for the one month quality hold it was in.
You mean an upgraded CAI wouldn't have fixed this. REALLY.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #17
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Airbox should be the first thing to go anyway. Toss the stocker and hit us up for a CAI intake! You won't regret it.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #18
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
You mean an upgraded CAI wouldn't have fixed this. REALLY.
I'm not really sold on a CAI. From the testing I have seen the stock air box does a pretty good job of controlling intake temperatures. Right now I would rather keep the car mostly stock to not have any issues with warranty claims. After that we will see.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #19
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
ive got you beat 27 miles and they had to replace a valve i just drove it off the lot salesman still in the car taking me to get gas and the shit hit the fan
Old 07-07-2013, 11:33 PM   #20
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyaustin17 View Post
ive got you beat 27 miles and they had to replace a valve i just drove it off the lot salesman still in the car taking me to get gas and the shit hit the fan
Seriously? You actually dropped a valve in the engine? What was your build date?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:13 AM   #21
coreyaustin17
NEC5 C-HOLE CHAMP

Drives: 2013 camaro 2SS/RS 1LE 1 of 221
build date was 12/24 and it was a stuck valve had to replace it i was pretty heated
Old 07-08-2013, 02:28 AM   #22
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Airbox should be the first thing to go anyway. Toss the stocker and hit us up for a CAI intake! You won't regret it.
YEP. Just saw mine for the second time while in my attic today! So clean and shiny. Maybe I should put it for sale. Took that thing off RIGHT away.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #23
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
YEP. Just saw mine for the second time while in my attic today! So clean and shiny. Maybe I should put it for sale. Took that thing off RIGHT away.
Can't hardly give these away on this site.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:14 AM   #24
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
I'm not really sold on a CAI. From the testing I have seen the stock air box does a pretty good job of controlling intake temperatures. Right now I would rather keep the car mostly stock to not have any issues with warranty claims. After that we will see.
With you 100%!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
wkid1le

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Are there any mods you can do which will not create warranty issues, i.e., CAI or is up to the individual dealer?
wkid1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #26
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkidrs View Post
Are there any mods you can do which will not create warranty issues, i.e., CAI or is up to the individual dealer?
Your mods only void the warranty for THAT item or system or a related system ONLY if it can be proved that the mod was the reason for the failure. If you change your mufflers there goes the muffler warranty.

For example adding a CAI and then having the dealer deny transmission warranty work is ridiculous. Not that some don't try.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #27
cbass

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Your mods only void the warranty for THAT item or system or a related system ONLY if it can be proved that the mod was the reason for the failure. If you change your mufflers there goes the muffler warranty.

For example adding a CAI and then having the dealer deny transmission warranty work is ridiculous. Not that some don't try.
That is true, but with a CAI you may have an issue if you need warranty work to the engine. You have just potentially changed the AFR mixture and if you get a tune, then you have altered that as well. It depends on the dealer and situation. However, going through the comparison the stock air box does an excellent job of keeping the temperatures stable.

The best one in the comparison had a peak hp gain of 15 hp, but required a tune. The rest were around 8-10 hp. Considering the cost is $400 I think my money could be better spend elsewhere. That is just my opinion and I know many will disagree with me.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #28
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
That is true, but with a CAI you may have an issue if you need warranty work to the engine. You have just potentially changed the AFR mixture and if you get a tune, then you have altered that as well. It depends on the dealer and situation. However, going through the comparison the stock air box does an excellent job of keeping the temperatures stable.

The best one in the comparison had a peak hp gain of 15 hp, but required a tune. The rest were around 8-10 hp. Considering the cost is $400 I think my money could be better spend elsewhere. That is just my opinion and I know many will disagree with me.
I am in your corner! I know the popularity of modifications like this. They are easy, can be seen by anyone looking, and are marketed by the very best. I am not sneezing at a 10 HP gain, but that is not anything that will be all that noticeable when driving, and certainly can be overcome by working on the biggest mod any of these 1LE's need.....driver improvement!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote