Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
got any pics of that V1 mirror?
For the Valentine 1 rear view mirror, I had to send my mirror along with the V1 Concealed Display to Radar Mirror, they then actually put the concealed display inside of my rear view, and do some sort of glass treatment so that the display shows up in my mirror.
Here's the link with an example:
http://www.radar-mirror.com/V1.html

The actual V1 radar is then concealed inside a custom pod and that get attached to the rear deck. I have to run the cable from the mirror along the side of the inside of the roof to the pod, then the pod gets wired directly to the V1 Remote Audio Adapter, which I'm mounting under my dash. Using that is how I operate the V1, I can turn it on/off and adjust the volume.

Here's some pics of the custom enclosure they made for me. I had to remove the cover of the V1 for it to fit inside, but that's real easy, just loosen the 4 screws and it comes right off.

The cool thing obviously is that the display is actually in your mirror, so you don't have to worry about having a radar detector on your front window, so cops & potential thieves won't even know it's there.

To do this you need the V1 Radar, the V1 Concealed Display & the V1 Remote Audio Adapter. The turn around time was 1 day after the company in Texas received my mirror, it worked out good for me because the car was having the supercharger installed & by the time it was done, I had my mirror back. Once I attach the pod to the rear deck, I'll take some pictures of it and the display on the mirror, but you can get a good idea of what it looks like by the website.

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #16
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
That's pretty cool, how much did it run you if you don't mind my asking
Old 01-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #17
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I wish I lived somewhere I could have blacked out windows. A car looks so good that way. Nice build car looks great.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
That's pretty cool, how much did it run you if you don't mind my asking
Not at all, the Valentine system you buy directly from V1, along with the Remote Audio Adapter & Remote Concealed Display. That will run you about $490 https://store.valentine1.com/store/default.asp

Then to have everything done in stealth mode by Radar-Mirror.com, will run another $500, but that includes the custom built enclosure. These systems complete go for a few grand at audio shops, so it's well worth and I know from reading your build that you'd have no problem doing the install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
I wish I lived somewhere I could have blacked out windows. A car looks so good that way. Nice build car looks great.
Thank you! I agree, something as little as tinted windows really enhance the appearance!

I have to admit I've never had so much fun & so many options when modding my cars, as I'm having with my SS. Every time I cross something off my punch list, I add 2 more things! Man, I love Chevy!!!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #19
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Thanks. Yea I saw a picture of this mod before but never got any real info on it. It really is a great set up.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #20
Kronix

Much progress the past week while I'm waiting for the body shop to finish up painting the MPD1 parts & 3dCarbon ground effects. I got all the BMR bushings on, the Pfadt rear arm package, and the Granatelli 1G suspension brace installed. I also got a front fascia close out panel from SLP, and since the body shop already has my front bumper because I'm removing that ugly front license plate and going with a remote controlled Show & Go plate, they're filling the holes left by the license bracket so we're also going to fill in the front mail slot and give it a smooth appearance, as opposed to seeing the close out piece outline. Also installed the black satin billet SS on the new Heritage Grille and can't wait to see that on the car instead of the stock grille & Bowtie.

Here's some pics of the new BMR bushings & the underside work completed.

The pumpkin with new bushings, I will admit the BMR kit is so superior to the stock bushings, makes you wonder with GM puts that shit in there.

The rear end

It really is awesome doing everything on a brand new car, no dirt, no caked on greasy grim, the car's so damn clean it really makes this transformation so nice & easy. Although getting some of the stock bushings out were a real BITCH!

Going to install my D Rev Catch Can & Breather Cap, along with the Granatelli Coil Packs & wires while I'm waiting.

Back together & now with the Granatelli 1G Brace

I also ordered a set of Stainless Steel Brake lines from Granatelli Motorsports. Those guys have awesome products for the Gen 5, if you haven't checked them out you really should. Ask for Richard or Jassper and they will REALLY take care of you with products & pricing!!! I cannot thank them enough!!!
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/index.html

I also decided to go with an aftermarket shock since the whole suspension has been redone, why not add better shocks. I'll be researching them tonight.

Thanks for looking & following my build!

Old 01-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
She is coming a long real nicely! Welcome to the Supercharged Camaro club also, lot's of get up and go now i'm sure!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:21 PM   #22
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
You are going to Love the handling now with that Granatelli 1G upgrade. She will feel like she is ready to handle the hills above Santa Barbara at WOT. Can't belive how tight mine is and didn't lose any ride comfort. Hope this is all done for the 28th. I would really like to look your car over.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #23
CausticGuy

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
Good work so far! Subscribed.
CausticGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #24
Kronix

Well it's been over 2 weeks without my SS and I'm freakin going crazy!! There were some delays at the paint shop, but all the parts have been sprayed, buffed & shined (so I've been told) and everything should be put back together by Friday. In the meantime, while it's at the performance shop, we got the Granatelli 80K Coil Packs & Wires installed, along with the D Rev Black Billet Catch Can with Aeroquip hoses (Really nice product, thanks Johnny @D Rev). Also installed the black powder coated CAI and it really makes the engine compartment look much better, plus it'll breath a lot better. Also installed the V1 radar pod on the back deck, as I got the remote unit put inside my rear view mirror. I also went ahead and added Granatelli Steel Braided Performance brake lines, to improve brake system effectiveness and longevity; as compared to the stock system. The stock brake lines on the Camaro, like most O.E. systems, are soft rubber which is subject to pressure spikes and a spongy pedal feeling with aggressive driving and all around fast stopping. (I'll have pics of these also).

I've got something special planned for the SLP Engine covers. Since they're in 2 pieces per side, I've gotten the larger piece painted gloss black & then I'm getting the smaller of the pieces & also the Fuse Box cover hydrocoated a pretty cool design. More on that to come, but you can see the unfinished pieces below.

In preparation for the new hood, ground effects & spoiler we removed all the factory parts today. I must admit it sucks seeing your new car disassembled, but I know it'll be well worth it. I also tinted the AAC LED reverse lights, even though I got the tinted ones, it just didn't look right seeing the 4 bulbs in there, so tinting did the trick. I'll have pics of that by tomorrow. We're also going to be cutting the templates in the front side fenders for the 3dCarbon vents That'll make me a little queasy!

Here's some shots of the GMS Coil Packs & Hi Temp 0 Ohm Wires. This is a really nice upgrade from the factory coils, and it'll show around an 18HP gain & yet will not void any warranties. These GMS Coils will improve fuel economy, throttle response, and idle characteristics. Increased engine efficiency with improved engine combustion, Rated at 80K Volts, Pro-Series Extreme coil packs offer nearly twice the voltage over stock. I went with the Hi-Temp GMS Coil Near Plug Wires because with the added heat from the Supercharger it'll keep the wires from melting. They have solid stainless connector cable with stainless snap lock spark plug connectors, unique EMI/RMI protection ring and they're the only true solid stainless steel core wire that works with today’s computer dependent engine. No RFI / EMI issues – works with any fuel injection / No stereo noise. They also will increase power to the spark plug up to 400% over stock, while improving mileage and throttle response. High temperature silicone boots, 8MM jacket with fiberglass-reinforced braid with fire sleeves resists temperatures up to 1200 degrees f

The D Rev Catch Can, installed on the drivers side. Notice the Aeroquip hoses, better for hi-temp applications & won't fray like stainless steel hoses.

D Revolution Oil Breather Cap, looks great & serves a function!

Black Powder coated cold air tube & box by CAI, Inc. Again adding great looks & some more flow over the other tube & filter originally installed with the Supercharger.

I should have some pics tomorrow of the V1 Radar pod, GMS Brake lines, & tinted AAC Reverse LEDs tomorrow & who knows, maybe the painted parts will be at the shop because we're really pushing for completion by Friday. Stay tuned & Thanks for following!

Old 02-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #25
Kronix

Change of plans, the SLP/Eibach Springs are out & Pedders Coilovers are taking their place. Got a great deal on them from a sponsor here, Jordan @ JDP Motorsports, thanks Jordan you ROCK!!!

Reason being, besides a better set up, after installing the Granatelli 1G Suspension Brace I noticed my ground clearance was REALLY low, so having the option of adjusting the ride height became a must. They should be delivered next day or so & installed ASAP....This crap of not having my car is killing me, but that's the price I pay for upgrading a brand new car. I want to do all the major stuff now, while everything is shiny, clean & easy to remove/replace.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:18 PM   #26
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
Since you had your dealer do the supercharger install and it is the slp package did you get to keep your warrenty or did you apply for the warrenty that comes with the supercahrger? 3y 36,000 ?

any info on this would be great.

My dealer also works with SLP and can do the install... also could you please PM your price for the dealer install so I can get a ballpark?
BigBlock427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #27
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock427 View Post
Since you had your dealer do the supercharger install and it is the slp package did you get to keep your warrenty or did you apply for the warrenty that comes with the supercahrger? 3y 36,000 ?

any info on this would be great.

My dealer also works with SLP and can do the install... also could you please PM your price for the dealer install so I can get a ballpark?
Great question! Since I bought the car new in October and had already known I was going the SLP route (because of the warranty), I did not purchase any dealer extended warranty, instead I went with the SLP Powertrain 5/100K ($750)., they also do have the 3/36K. My service manager was really cool about everything, it was their first time dealing with SLP and they were glad to have formed the union between them, so they were very good to me for doing this project.

Any issues not caused by the supercharger are covered by the standard GM warranty, if the SC is the root of any issues then the SLP warranty kicks in.

PM sent regarding pricing

Old 02-08-2012, 10:32 AM   #28
shootir
Ventura Co. Camaro Club

Drives: 2012 Supercharged 2SS RS
Geez Kronix, I really hope you can meet up at Supercar Sunday with the club on the 26th.

Your car looks awesome, I would love to check it out further...
2012 Black 2SS RS, Beige Interior, 615 RWHP 540 Torque, Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger, LS3 Conversion, Comp Cam 228/232 @ .050 115 LSA, Kooks Long Tube Headers and High Flow Cats, GM Strut Bar, Heritage Grille, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers, Sparks SS Emblems,Technostalgia Taillights, JDP Motorsports Color Changing Halo's, CAI Inc Cold Air, Aluminum Pedals, Pfadt Coil Overs, Flowmaster Super 10 Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body, GMS Slotted Rotors, Hawk Ceramic Pads, GMS Wires, AAC Ghosted Side Markers, 22" D2Forged CV2 Deep Concave Wheels
www.aaaparadiseplumbing.com
shootir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx