Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #57
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPAJETSKI View Post
You have kind of made my point for me. It doesn't matter so much about the permit. The suburbs are safer because they are...well... the suburbs. That can be said for most areas of the country with or without concealed permits. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the CCP, I just don't think it automatically makes you less likely to be a target of crime.

Understood but the point is that if i find myself in an undesireable situation I'm prepared to at least attempt to defend me and mine. A HUGE part of any plan/system to keep yourself safe is to stay away from trouble/bad areas in the first place.

As a 40 y/o I don't do the stupid things i did when I was say 20.

Also by no means do I think myself invincible just because I have a CWP and I use it on the contrary it makes me more aware of my surroundings and alert and well, careful.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:29 PM   #58
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfriend View Post
That alone would be a good enough reason in my book .

Can one say that stalking is a good reason ?
You guys ever drive cross country? You'll see alot of the same cars and you'll see some pretty strange driving. People get tired or bored and you'll hit it to get some space. Then when you stop for food or gas they catch back up. Things like that are not alarming but it shows how long people can stay with you even if you are faster so at first this guy didn't bother me.

It takes some time to get suspicious about this stuff and when you do you will want to make a few moves to see what you are thinking is right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVictory View Post
I would have done the same thing. What kind of car was it?
It was a Jetta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Would have called the police for sure. Why be followed for that damn long, and not try to do something about it?
It sounds silly but I wanted to drive my car. I'll run my whole state to enjoy a 5th gen. and then some. I also hate drama so I'm hesitant on the 911.

Quote:
This is supposed to be a joke right? Or did you watch too much television as a child?
Legal gun owners never bothered me, not even the fanatics, you just have to tell them to shut up every once in a while when they start quoting Thomas Jefferson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
I don't have raisins or granola, only beer nuts and cigarettes.
Maybe they would skid to a stop if I tossed a butt out the window
You should meet my neighbor Girlrilla! A nice gal and somewhat domesticated but when she fights with her girlfriend it can be kinda scary.

Yes seriously. She drives a Prius.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #59
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...some of the above tells me why conceal/carry isn't all that common and why it's difficult to get a permit often times....

....A guy is followed (he thinks)...no crime is committed, no-one is harmed...But damn! If only he had a gun, he could have taken a couple of shots at him! Maybe killed him just in case!...lol...Yeah, we need more concealed guns out there...

That right there is what I call a "Cowboy mentality" I'm by no means a "Cowboy" a firearm is a self defense tool for law abiding citizens. It's an offensive weapon in the hands of a criminal or a mentally unstable person.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #60
TPAJETSKI

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
Understood but the point is that if i find myself in an undesireable situation I'm prepared to at least attempt to defend me and mine. A HUGE part of any plan/system to keep yourself safe is to stay away from trouble/bad areas in the first place.

As a 40 y/o I don't do the stupid things i did when I was say 20.

Also by no means do I think myself invincible just because I have a CWP and I use it on the contrary it makes me more aware of my surroundings and alert and well, careful.
I think we are agreeing with each other. We're just saying it differently
TPAJETSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #61

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
That right there is what I call a "Cowboy mentality" I'm by no means a "Cowboy" a firearm is a self defense tool for law abiding citizens. It's an offensive weapon in the hands of a criminal or a mentally unstable person.
True, but when the prevailing attitude becomes, "I don't need to avoid trouble!...Don't mess with me!....Bring it on!....I'm armed!, and boy will you be in for a surprise!..."

Then, common sense and mature discretion becomes secondary, and the preferred option is a violent confrontation....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #62
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
Some years ago, I had a bunch or young pricks following me in my Camaro in FL and I did the speeding method which wasnt successful; I hold it at 150mph for 10mins and would slow down to 100mph after and the guy was back after. Did that 2-3 times. 4 guys in a Crown Vic. They finally got out in the Daytona area. Probably 4 guys trying to scare me and my girlfriend showing the finger..nothing that scary, but you never know..I was out of my country and pretty much ignorant of what best exit to take to lost him. In my town, that would have been way different..

The best method is to burn a redlight to know if theyre after you, then drive right to a police station...It will work for sure.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:47 PM   #63
Firefighter

Quote:
I think we are agreeing with each other. We're just saying it differently

I believe you are correct...
Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 PM   #64
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
True, but when the prevailing attitude becomes, "I don't need to avoid trouble!...Don't mess with me!....Bring it on!....I'm armed!, and boy will you be in for a surprise!..."

Then, common sense and mature discretion becomes secondary, and the preferred option is a violent confrontation....

True but there are less of the "Cowboys" than one who is anti gun*/anti CWP* would like to believe... See Texas. lol

*I by no means am assuming your stance on the subject.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:49 PM   #65
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I agree. If I ever live in an area that I feel the need to carry a gun, I will move! I feel bad for you folks that need to carry a weapon.
Why is that? If I want to carry a weapon that is my right. Hopefully one day you won't need someone that does carry a firearm to save your life.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #66
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
As others have said I have been followed
by the police more than once. I was stopped
5 times for no front plate. A State Hwhy Patrol
followed me for over half hour b4 he pulled me
over. I finally had no choice so I put the front
plate on and have only been stopped for 5 over
but the cop wanted to check out my car. The funny
part is I had no DL, did not have my concealed
carry license, no proof of insurance but I did have
my registration. I told him I just got the car out of
storage and was taking it straight home. He asked me
to raise the hood and sat in the driver's seat. He ended
up taking a pic to show his son! It was a great experience.
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:56 PM   #67
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
It's a way of life and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I treaty firearm like an American Express... Never leave home without it. I take care of me and mine.

The police most likely won't be there to protect us. They might show up in time to take a police report.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
My second home is in St. Pete's and I head over to Tampa quite a bit. There are some rougher areas granted, but still have never felt scared enough to carry a gun. Heck was robbed once at knife point, now that I think about it. Ah well, to each his own.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #68
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
I haven't been followed like that, but if I was, I would call the police. Too many weirdos out there.
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #69
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
I was followed and threatened by a fat short guy in his 40s. Called the cops and filed a report, put my car in storage for the winter. Then got 20% tint in the spring.

Dude never said why he followed me just said, I know what you drive and where you work and will find out where you live. Then he said, I will send my friends after you. Creepy!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #70
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
I have in the past flipped on the interior lights, fumbled around a little, pulled up my cell phone like I am dialing and talking. It sent a message and they turned off.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote