Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 AM   #127
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I'll guess they bump it to 450 ...

Crowley
Old 10-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #128
TROndrey

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post

I wonder how they are going to work it into the rear seats. Guess they weren't good for much anyways.
Speak for yourself...giggidy giggidy! :updown:
MRT v2.0 Axle-Back
RX Performance Catch Can
TROndrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:37 AM   #129
Caliman93230

Drives: LS3S/C
obviously you can never have enough power for these cars, the camaro is already at a big disadvantage because of its weight, ford mustang on the other hand is years ahead of the competition, it offers its customers more performance parts, the mustang has a supercharger with warranty already available, gm cant even make f-ing cold air intake for the camaro. the only good thing the camaro has going for it its the killer looks. GM really needs to start offering more performance parts with some kind of warranty, GM should start by offering the LS9 based supercharger as a complete kit for the camaro with some type of warranty and a real cold air intake, give us good tunes at the dealers with every power adder call it a day,
Old 10-25-2010, 10:41 AM   #130
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliman93230 View Post
, gm cant even make f-ing cold air intake for the camaro. ,
This is beyond ridiculous.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #131
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Possibly but I think that engine will debut in the vette at least 1 year before the camaro gets it (as did the L98, LT1, LS1 and LS3). If the vette gets the new engine in 2012 then the camaro won't get it until 2013.

They will more than likely give the LS3/L99 a nice send-off by giving it a better tune and better camshaft profile. As many have indicated already, the current factory tune is inefficient. I'm getting tired of wiping all the black soot off the back of my car from the unburned fuel.
You're probably right, but I'm still crossing my fingers. Didn't the LT-1 debut as a new engine in both Z28 and Corvette, though, the same year? Given CAMARO is only a few years old by then, I wouldn't typically think it'd get a fresh new engine to replace it's base V8 model, however, LS3 is a couple years older, so I'd just like to think something new is right around the corner.

What I want and what is reality are two different things, though, LOL!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #132
chevyguy

Drives: 2010 ss/rs and 94 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Well to really beat the Mustang just give us 3.73 gears from the factory and problem solved. Then on paper they should be the same with just that change.
yeah true but then guys would be breaking there axles in the already weak problematic rear end!
chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #133
chevyguy

Drives: 2010 ss/rs and 94 z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
This is beyond ridiculous.
I agree!!! THIS IS BS
chevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #134
radz28
Petro-sexual

Stay on topic...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 10-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #135
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
This rumor reeks of internet forum posters. The rumor of the horsepower bump because of the fact that 5.0 Mustangs are faster in the 1/4 mile is false.

Unless Chevy proves that they are the same old financially stupid company as years past, they will not bump the power in the Camaro before the Corvette. It makes no sense to change the engine in the Corvette now. It also makes no financial sense to change the interior of the Camaro in its 3rd MY run. The cost of changing and retooling is not a smart move when there is no need. They need to refresh the car in 5 year runs like the Mustang in order to make a profit.

Also, Mustang versus Camaro facts.

Both transmission V6 Mustang's are faster than any V6 Camaro.

Automatic 5.0 is faster than L99 Camaro.

Automatic 5.0 is faster than LS3 Camaro.

6 speed manual versus 5.0 versus LS3 Camaro is very close and comes down to driver skill.

Overall, the Mustang is the faster car. Anyone who chooses to use 1 specific test to 'prove' the Camaro is faster and disregard all other heads up results is a GM shill.
Facepalm...
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 11:57 AM   #136
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrox View Post
This rumor reeks of internet forum posters. The rumor of the horsepower bump because of the fact that 5.0 Mustangs are faster in the 1/4 mile is false.

Unless Chevy proves that they are the same old financially stupid company as years past, they will not bump the power in the Camaro before the Corvette. It makes no sense to change the engine in the Corvette now. It also makes no financial sense to change the interior of the Camaro in its 3rd MY run. The cost of changing and retooling is not a smart move when there is no need. They need to refresh the car in 5 year runs like the Mustang in order to make a profit.

Also, Mustang versus Camaro facts.

Both transmission V6 Mustang's are faster than any V6 Camaro.

Automatic 5.0 is faster than L99 Camaro.

Automatic 5.0 is faster than LS3 Camaro.

6 speed manual versus 5.0 versus LS3 Camaro is very close and comes down to driver skill.

Overall, the Mustang is the faster car. Anyone who chooses to use 1 specific test to 'prove' the Camaro is faster and disregard all other heads up results is a GM shill.

SHILL DEASE... This type of which is faster when one car directly BENCHMARKS another is about as dumb as bag of rocks being thrown at your brand new glass house

While the Automatic Camaro may lose to the Mustang GT Auto.. the Manny will run or beat both configs from the GT.

ALL racing with comparable cars is a DRIVER'S RACE. I've seen new Cobalt SSs beat pre-2011 Mustang GTS many times.

Lastly. GM would be VERY smart to continuously improve all of its cars, especially the ones that sell and are in high demand. The Corvette is in its last year possibly before we start seeing the C7 debut for sale the year after (2013) Chevy would be wise to give the C6 a bump in HP and possibly do away with the regular body Vette making the WIDEBODY (GS, Z06, ZR1) the standard thru-out the range. A push up to 450HP would be a helluva shot I the arm for an already 7 Model Year old vehicle that is still a world beater. 911 sales are worse yet it constantly improves itself. Not even to mention the horribly ugly GT-R from Nissan just got an improvement.

The price of changing the Camaro's interior is irrelevant, as GM, like all automakers, has coachwork done by a separate entity that absorbs the cost. Personally I think the current Camaro interior looks better than the current Mustangs and see no need for the change outside of the silver plastic gear area and a possible move of the cupholders. But the media constantly and consistently gripes about the Interior.. not to mention TROLLS... so GM is squashing the "problem" early on.
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 12:21 PM   #137
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Didn't the LT-1 debut as a new engine in both Z28 and Corvette, though, the same year?
LT-1 was in the '92 vette and in the '93 camaro.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:22 PM   #138
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
LT-1 was in the '92 vette and in the '93 camaro.
I thought that wast the LT1, not the Gen I LT-1

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 10-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #139
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I thought that wast the LT1, not the Gen I LT-1
Yeah, I wish they would have simply called the Gen III the LT2 so I wouldn't have to worry about confusing the two engines due to the "-", lol.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:36 PM   #140
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Yeah, I wish they would have simply called the Gen III the LT2 so I wouldn't have to worry about confusing the two engines due to the "-", lol.
Potato - potahto, lol. It's easy for me to remember because that's when I fell in love with CAMARO I probably still have a little shootout where they pitted an LT-1 against an LT1 - that was pretty cool I guess that reverse-flow cooling and rubbish distributor wasn't enough for them to call it a Gen III, lol.

I do wonder if they'll come up with another cam or something. I believe the top end will support a bigger cam, but that's not going to help with MPGs, I'd imagine. However, in a case like yours, where it sounds like the car is running rich, I'm sure there's more power to be had That's how I'm trying to rationalize DI in my cabeza, lol.

Kinda' going back to the Y-bodies getting the Gen V first, I kinda' wonder how true that is in this climate. It seems to me that CAMARO is more mainstream and selling more, so why not keep up the enthusiasm and show the public it's not a big fat heavy pig of a car (not my opinion - just what I feel like a lot of the automotive press suggest it is) it is, and show GM's stuffing all the technology that car will support (and that money can buy) and try to continue to keep it's presence in the market strong and relative. That's just me though

It seems like if there weren't the baffles and resonators in the intake that most of the intake restriction (at this power level anyways) would be eliminated, for the most part. It'd be nice to have a little more Performance Parts support, but I'd rather GM keep the car up-to-date and high quality than focus on aftermarket parts I would likely be able to find a little less expensive. If Z28 gets a dual-mode exhaust, maybe SS could share it as an option, like 'Vette does - there's a bit of power. I think focusing on the chassis would be better, IMVHO. These 6.2s respond quite well to bolt-ons, so power, IMVHO, isn't as big a concern as handling.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"