Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #29
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Hmm, shabang or whole shabang... I'll take a double order if whole shabang please.

Seriously, I would definitely be interested in discussing being an "early adopter" if you went into head porting.

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:39 PM   #30
Yellow_Glide

Hate to date myself but have lived the evolution from the SBC Chevy and all the combinations to the vortechs to the ls series, LLT has potential to be a serious hp maker - parts availability has to catch up to the wants and needs.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #31
MACE_ENG

Drives: LLT Machine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Glide View Post
Hmm, shabang or whole shabang... I'll take a double order if whole shabang please.

Seriously, I would definitely be interested in discussing being an "early adopter" if you went into head porting.
We are thinking about it but is more of a timing issue more than anything. It would be much more efficient and cheaper for a guy who actually does this for a living to provide the head job. A good angle job/bowl and full intake/exhaust is essential with cams and will always provide much much more power then cams alone. For now we have the intake manifold ready to go but if you really want the head done just contact me. I can provide you with some good contacts.

------------------------------------
Jay@Mace Engineering USA
Instant Contact: Velocityport410@gmail.com

Home of the 31hp/33tq 25mm insulator/stg-3 ported manifold.
MACE_ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #32
Yellow_Glide

Thanks, will do.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #33
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Wonder what the cams alone will do?

yellow_glide...it sounds like we will find out from you?? Or are you waiting until you know what your doing with the heads?. Good stuff.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:32 AM   #34
Yellow_Glide

Plan now is to do cams only and see what the outcome is. If someone offer me a set of Ported heads for $50 then things may change.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:56 PM   #35
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
how much for the cam and the install together all together?

I need to know so I can save that much
Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 AM   #36
MACE_ENG

Quote:
Hate to date myself but have lived the evolution from the SBC Chevy and all the combinations to the vortechs to the ls series, LLT has potential to be a serious hp maker - parts availability has to catch up to the wants and needs.
This I 100% agree with! It's for this reason I conjure up images of building up an LLT to rev to 10k much like a Honda S2000

The main problem though, is that I don't think that these gear boxes will like 10-11k gear changes :(
Old 07-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #37
Yellow_Glide

I'm thinking is tranny swap to a different unit eniirely will be needed. There are plenty of high output rated units out there the trick will be the input shaft and the overall length and shifter location. Comes down to fabrication and how you are at problem solving.

Back to the 'super v6", plenty of Buick Grand Nationals made 1000+ rwhp with a single turbo and 231 cubic inches. The LLT has the potential - we just need a few stronger parts.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #38
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
I'm thinking is tranny swap to a different unit eniirely will be needed. There are plenty of high output rated units out there the trick will be the input shaft and the overall length and shifter location. Comes down to fabrication and how you are at problem solving.

Back to the 'super v6", plenty of Buick Grand Nationals made 1000+ rwhp with a single turbo and 231 cubic inches. The LLT has the potential - we just need a few stronger parts.
Hey Yellow, when do you anticipate a. Receiving the cams and b. getting them installed?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 10:46 AM   #39
Yellow_Glide

Six, Talked to Steve last night and they should be "in the mail" this week. Think I surprised him she said for sale and I said ship them. Lol.

Still working on the install timing - all the local names within 300 miles have declined to do it. Install looks straightforward enough but dexterity in the hands isnt what it used to be so I won't be able to do it.

Timing will depend on when / where I secure an installer.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #40
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Ok Yellow, it looks like you're down right by Austin. I don't know how far away DFW and Houston are (4-5 hrs?) but I bet they have shops that will do it. Are you going to stay 100% all motor?

I'm thinking this is my next big mod. I'm off through mid Dec until Feb so prolly get it done then. I'm thinking these cams and ported heads along with your ARK N2 is going to sound like an exotic beast.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #41
MACE_ENG

Quote:

The thing is, I really want to do hi-po NA build and replace displacement with lots of revs
Old 07-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #42
Yellow_Glide

I'm in for a 600 rwhp NA!!!!

Agree the hp will have to come elsewhere than cubic inches. You might pick up a little cubic inch with a stroker setup, but the real hp will be 10 k plus rpm while keeping the velocity flowing.