Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-20-2015, 10:47 PM   #15
Texas_RS

Drives: 2013 1LE/SS
If I were you I'd just get a splitter for the bumper you currently have. Not much different with the ss bumper besides mail slot for that year, save $500
Current mods: Stainless Power Long Tube Headers,Cat Delete,CAI Cold Air Intake,Vitesse throttle controller, Muffler/Resonator Delete w/dual tips. ADM Performance Tuned,BMR 1.25 lowering springs,R1 Concept Slotted/Dimpled Rotors.
Texas_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 10:54 PM   #16
StevenBateman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_RS View Post
If I were you I'd just get a splitter for the bumper you currently have. Not much different with the ss bumper besides mail slot for that year, save $500
Really? I thought the SS bumper had some slight differences compared to the V6 bumper that gave it a more aggressive look?
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

StevenBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #17
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
always throw a little money back in the bank,you will always need some a little later for ---something!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #18
justjoshin

Drives: 2010 SW 1SS L99 Camaro
If you are going to swap the bumper, why not go with the ZL1? After getting a SS bumper, splitter, and all parts needed it can't be much different than the ZL1 setup. I have that hood and I love it. $500 to install springs sounds really high, too!
Old 12-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #19
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjoshin View Post
If you are going to swap the bumper, why not go with the ZL1? After getting a SS bumper, splitter, and all parts needed it can't be much different than the ZL1 setup. I have that hood and I love it. $500 to install springs sounds really high, too!
I thought about that, my mom works at a Chevy dealership, and even with the discount she gets on parts the whole ZL1 bumper would cost me about $1100, and then have the get paint on top of that..
BTR Stage 4 Cam, FTI 3600 Stall Converter, GM 3.91 Gears, GPI Intake Mod V2, CAI Cold Air Intake, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, LS3 Conversion, PRC Ported/Polished Heads, Stainless Power Long Tubes w/off-road pipes, Borla Atak Cat-Back Exhaust, Tru Cool 40K 482rwhp/425rwtq, Built and tuned by Champion Motors

Old 12-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #20
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I want a Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger and my dilemma is 2 G's hardly covers 1/5 of the cost involved.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:56 PM   #21
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I want a Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger and my dilemma is 2 G's hardly covers 1/5 of the cost involved.
The struggle is real...the new twin turbo setup for the LLT from Fabberge is about 10k$, so that would put me in the same boat if that's what I really wanted, well I really want it, but that's a shit ton of money!

Old 12-27-2015, 10:35 PM   #22
j0s394

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2Lt RS Ashen Gray
Id say do the drop and the SS Bumper, btw installing springs is not that hard, ive installed my own spring when i had my bmr 1.4 and then took em out and went with coilovers
Old 12-27-2015, 10:39 PM   #23
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0s394 View Post
Id say do the drop and the SS Bumper, btw installing springs is not that hard, ive installed my own spring when i had my bmr 1.4 and then took em out and went with coilovers
Well if I could do the springs myself that would save me a solid 5 bills, so even if I did a little saving beforehand I may be able to do it all, if I'm lucky. But I think I'm gonna do some research and see how to install the springs and see if I can do it myself, because even if it takes a day or two it'll be worth saving the money

Old 12-28-2015, 04:49 AM   #24
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenBateman View Post
Need is definitely a strong word. I'm only 22, so still trying to enjoy my youth as much as possible!
Interesting way to look at it. Most of the enjoyment during "my youth" (early 20s) included having a special lady with me. Didn't really matter what my transportation was. Anyway, I suggest continuing to save your money for another year or so and then use that cash to upgrade to a SS. Cars and women are a lot alike, in that... you're always looking to upgrade.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:43 PM   #25
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Interesting way to look at it. Most of the enjoyment during "my youth" (early 20s) included having a special lady with me. Didn't really matter what my transportation was. Anyway, I suggest continuing to save your money for another year or so and then use that cash to upgrade to a SS. Cars and women are a lot alike, in that... you're always looking to upgrade.
You said A special lady, meaning just one that was also a thought, I guess I'll have to mull it over some more and really think hard about it!

Old 12-28-2015, 06:09 PM   #26
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenBateman View Post
The struggle is real...the new twin turbo setup for the LLT from Fabberge is about 10k$, so that would put me in the same boat if that's what I really wanted, well I really want it, but that's a shit ton of money!
Yes, someone, (if not everyone) has figured out that horsepower is an addiction many people are willing to pay for. I suspect it always has been expensive, adjusted for inflation and available product. But the car itself was $43K. A bolt-on SC is $8K plus installation? Seems a tad excessive. But I guess that's what separates the men from the boys, as it were...
Old 12-28-2015, 08:20 PM   #27
StevenBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Yes, someone, (if not everyone) has figured out that horsepower is an addiction many people are willing to pay for. I suspect it always has been expensive, adjusted for inflation and available product. But the car itself was $43K. A bolt-on SC is $8K plus installation? Seems a tad excessive. But I guess that's what separates the men from the boys, as it were...
Horsepower = happiness, right?

Old 12-29-2015, 01:42 AM   #28
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
You already have the springs, finish the job and go from there.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote