Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #15
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Cool, alot still to look forward too...
Old 07-22-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
OK I'm back from the IDL part 2. I posted in the camaroscotty details thread. go read.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:29 PM   #17
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fad1 View Post
I cant wait till Dec. of 08 for the pricing. Getting kinda nervous about it. Hopefully its very comparable to its competitors.
They have already identified their key competitors as the Challenger, Mustang, and 350Z which means they absolutely have to price the Camaro within that market segment (granted they can claim a premium over their market segment but anything more than $1K or $2K will result in rejection by the market). You cannot claim that your market segment competitor is a 350Z and then price it in line with a G37 and expect to sell vehicles. So as long as you are comfortable with the pricing of a chally or a stang you should have nothing to worry about in terms of pricing on the Camaro.

Remember, Chevy needs this car to be a success as much as they want it to be a success. They are not going to sabotage their potential market share by pricing themselves out of the market.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #18
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post
They have already identified their key competitors as the Challenger, Mustang, and 350Z which means they absolutely have to price the Camaro within that market segment (granted they can claim a premium over their market segment but anything more than $1K or $2K will result in rejection by the market). You cannot claim that your market segment competitor is a 350Z and then price it in line with a G37 and expect to sell vehicles. So as long as you are comfortable with the pricing of a chally or a stang you should have nothing to worry about in terms of pricing on the Camaro.

Remember, Chevy needs this car to be a success as much as they want it to be a success. They are not going to sabotage their potential market share by pricing themselves out of the market.
Indeed you are right. They will leave the ass raping for us Canadians. Probably a solid 10-20% over USD. Like every other manufacturer out there, with every other vehicle.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:04 PM   #19
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
I was looking over every one of the new threads. I've been busy for the since after the 4PM reveal, which really disappointed me. There was no SS, other details missing. Anyway, I guess I'm going to sit tight until I see me more of the SS. I like to see there is hint that for an extra price, I can get the Bumblebee paint. I don't know how long I'll wait for the Z/28.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #20
rickb203

Drives: '69 396 pace car, '87 Z28 cv't
OK all....I need some overwhelming convincing.....Is it worth it to flatbed my concours BB396 4speed '69 IPC signed by Mario all the way to Indy from CT for the Indy Camaro 5 launch? I'm looking at the $(ouch!!!) and time and struggling. Anyone know a list of things going on that I could get involved with...parties, press stuff, people wanting to shoot the car with the new one..possibly drive of the new one? A big plus would be to meet some of the crazy camaro guys on this site. Also, any suggestions for keeping my car secure while at indy if I do spend the bucks....

What days are the best to be there? I've never been before ....

Let me hear your thoughts, suggestions,....
Old 07-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #21
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Limits View Post

Have you guys priced a 350Z lately. I was at the dealer for service the other day and they had 2 350's one was $28K for steering wheels and tires, but no doors, the other was $36K!!! with everything (less Brembos). Ouch! I'm hoping GM prices it with the Mustang and Challenger.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:56 PM   #22
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
I have contacted 2 local dealers here in the DFW area.

Went to Bankston Chevy on Saturday to see if I could place a deposit on a LT with RS package and was told no, I have to wait till February. Fair enough. So I asked about pricing, saying I assumed what I wanted (LT + RS) would be about $26-27k. Dealer said no, it would start in the mid $30ks due to market adjustment. I turned and walked.

I called Classic Chevy in Grapevine today, asked the same questions, was told again, I can't put a deposit down till Feb, but in all honesty they will have many of them so there is no real need to put a deposit down. I asked about pricing for an LT with RS package and he told me that is projected to come in at between $24 to $26K. If anyone is getting my business, it will be Classic Chevy in Grapevine!!!

Same thing happened when we bought my wife's 06 Civic SI. We ordered it 3 months in advance, paid MSRP, but while looking around, other dealers in the area had them marked up to almost $8k above MSRP. It's madness!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:41 AM   #23
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
I have contacted 2 local dealers here in the DFW area.

Went to Bankston Chevy on Saturday to see if I could place a deposit on a LT with RS package and was told no, I have to wait till February. Fair enough. So I asked about pricing, saying I assumed what I wanted (LT + RS) would be about $26-27k. Dealer said no, it would start in the mid $30ks due to market adjustment. I turned and walked.

I called Classic Chevy in Grapevine today, asked the same questions, was told again, I can't put a deposit down till Feb, but in all honesty they will have many of them so there is no real need to put a deposit down. I asked about pricing for an LT with RS package and he told me that is projected to come in at between $24 to $26K. If anyone is getting my business, it will be Classic Chevy in Grapevine!!!

Same thing happened when we bought my wife's 06 Civic SI. We ordered it 3 months in advance, paid MSRP, but while looking around, other dealers in the area had them marked up to almost $8k above MSRP. It's madness!

I'm thinking it will be $20,000. But hey, anyone can throw numbers out there, because Chevy hasn't released any information yet. No, there isn't a dealer with an "inside track" on the pricing.

I'm getting PM's already asking why I can't mark cars up so "we" can make a buck on the most anticipated car ever.....Well, because we have decided "we" are MSRP or LESS on the Camaro......THAT'S WHY!

Go ahead - MARK THEM UP - post them up here.....Let's see the ANTICIPATION you get!
Old 07-29-2008, 08:03 AM   #24
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
My guesses...and purely speculation.

Base Camaro V6: $21,000
LT V6: $24,000
V6/RS: $27,000

Base V8: $30,000
LT V8: $33,000
SS/RS: $37,000

Of course this isn't including NAV, HUD, Moonroof, Stripes, premium wheels, etc.

The Convertible will be those prices...just add $4500 to all of the Coupe prices.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:02 AM   #25
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
I certainly hope an SS/RS isn't $37k with no other options. By the time you load it up with a nice set of options, that's ~$43-45k.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #26
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
my guess

V6
LS $21,000
LT $23,000
LT2 $24,000
RS package $2500

V8
base $28,000
SS2 $31,000
RS package $2000
Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 PM   #27
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Any ideas what type of info will be in the second IDL Dealer Broadcast that is in September?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #28
Gunner KS1

Drives: All GM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPRA View Post
If anyone is getting my business, it will be Classic Chevy in Grapevine!!!
That is my first choice also. The staff I have dealt with there has always been friendly and helpful and the GM Goodwrench Service Dept there is second to none. As long as they come through with MSRP or below they will continue to recieve my business.

Closed Thread