Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
GreyLS3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Driver improvement day Spokane

Hello to all for those that have sent the money in thank you, but as of today June 28 only 8 people have sent in the money. We need 20 cars to cover the cost of the track which is due to the track by June 30. So unless a money fairy comes and drops off free flowing cash it looks like the track day is done. For those that have sent money I can either return the check to you or tear it up PM me what you want me to do with it.
I was willing to cover a few outstanding numbers in hopes of late comers but I can't cover the 10+ cars needed to fill out the obligation.

IF YOU SAID YOU ARE GOING TO SEND IT IN BUT HAVEN'T PM ME TO SEE IF WE CAN SALVAGE THIS DAY.

For those that have paid and made vacation plans for this with hotel rooms you can cancel with no problem at the Ramada.
An alternate plan is I refund your money you still come to Spokane and we do a Road rally on some great back roads that have great scenary and if you want challenge your driving skills. Let me know
For those that paid and were looking forward to this event I'm sorry. I may try again next year but on a Friday which will cost more and the track has already said the fees next year are going up so this was our best chance at these prices.
Cheers
GreyLS3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
Teddydog

Drives: 21 LT1 RS M6 in SSM
This really bums me out. I have been looking forward to this since Fall when we first started talking about it! I have been silent today hoping some of the "missing" would come forward.

Tim--are you going to be "out" any money from the deposit if we cancel at this late date?

Rob
Teddydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
GreyLS3SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddydog View Post
This really bums me out. I have been looking forward to this since Fall when we first started talking about it! I have been silent today hoping some of the "missing" would come forward.

Tim--are you going to be "out" any money from the deposit if we cancel at this late date?

Rob
Thanks Rob,

No as of right now I will not be out any money except for some I spent on Flags and stuff needed to do this. Which I can use in the future. If we were closer to meeting the goal I would just put the money up and do it anyway. But since we are so far off I can't afford to front that much money. I may ask the track if we can do a half day and see if they will do that but not sure on that. If we can do a half day I will ask everyone if that works for them and let you make that decision.
I am a little disappointed since I have had many people say they are doing it but have seen no cash.
Live and learn I guess
Old 07-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Next time you try plan one, post up the details in the CDN section. Might get a few of us up here to participate. The day on the road course at C5F II was a highlight.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
GreyLS3SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Next time you try plan one, post up the details in the CDN section. Might get a few of us up here to participate. The day on the road course at C5F II was a highlight.

Thanks Brian,

I may try a Fri. next year in spring or fall. Have fun at XXX I may try to run over Sun and say hi depends on schedule. right now they won't hire cheaper to pay OT than hire sucks but money is good.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I still have the 18th off, so if you're going for a drive, I'll tag along. That I can do! You know all the cool roads

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
GreyLS3SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I still have the 18th off, so if you're going for a drive, I'll tag along. That I can do! You know all the cool roads
Sweet I 'll email ya sounds like I may meet a supercharged mustang in Winthrop for lunch and then back this way. Maybe a CDlane river run the next day to Thompson falls for lunch then back. Not set in stone yet.
I'll keep ya posted
Old 12-10-2011, 07:08 AM   #8
idahorag
Idahorag

Drives: 2011 RS SS Convertible
Hey Grey,
Idahorag here. I was wondering if I could get more info on your proposed Driver Improvement Day. I see it failed last year, sorry...
I was just wondering what the cost is and the details of what it is all about. Maybe try again this next year. Hey thanx in advance for the info. Nice Camaro.
Idahorag.
idahorag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #9
GreyLS3SS

DI day

Hi Idaho,

I was looking at it last year but since there was not much interest it got cancelled. I don'y know if I want to do it this year yet pain in the ass to try to get set up just to cancel. Thanks for the inquiry though I do know the BMW club does a similar thing so you might want to check out their website to see if you could tag on theirs if interested.