Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
Will all the 1LE stuff fit the 2011SS?

Will all the 1LE stuff fit the 2011SS?

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System; Bear Rotors, Hawk HPS
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:06 AM   #2
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
i read earlier that there's going to be a lot of 1LE parts available for the earlier models, but the gearbox and suspension won't be
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
i read earlier that there's going to be a lot of 1LE parts available for the earlier models, but the gearbox and suspension won't be
From what I heard, GM will NOT be offering the transmission or the electric cooling system for sale separately, but everything else, including all the suspension pieces will be available (some are available now) through your local dealer. Several of us are on a waiting list for the 3.91 gears that are on backorder right now. I believe on the 2010-2011, you will have to change out your lower control arms if you want to run the rear sway bar, both are designed differently.

Edit: I think I was incorrect on the electric cooling system, I must have been thinking about the electric steering and got mixed up. Sorry for any confusion!!!

Last edited by blazzin1; 09-25-2012 at 09:20 PM.
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
From what I heard, GM will NOT be offering the transmission or the electric cooling system for sale separately, but everything else, including all the suspension pieces will be available (some are available now) through your local dealer. Several of us are on a waiting list for the 3.91 gears that are on backorder right now. I believe on the 2010-2011, you will have to change out your lower control arms if you want to run the rear sway bar, both are designed differently.
I've heard this from GM PR, but I've also heard that others at 1LE press events have said "off-record" it will still probably be possible to get all the parts.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
dcplus14

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS/Hurst
For the 1LE sways, you will need the newer rear Lower Control Arms since the mounting point's in '12 changed.
[AAC DRL LED's, AAC LED's for trunk, cabin, license plate, CAI Intake, RX Catch Can, Skip shift eliminator, Pedders Sub-Frame Inserts, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pedders Rack & Pinion Bushing, 1LE front and rear sway bars]
dcplus14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:

Electric cooling system? I haven't heard of this? what electric cooling system are you referring to? Not arguing, honestly curious....
newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:20 PM   #7
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
I've heard this from GM PR, but I've also heard that others at 1LE press events have said "off-record" it will still probably be possible to get all the parts.
Well that's a definite maybe.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Well that's a definite maybe.
Haha, it's important GM people saying "off-record" things, not just a random person. I fully believe we'll be able to get everything because if anything breaks on a 1LE GM has to be able to provide a replacement. Just like they said the ZL1 fascia wouldn't fit a SS and it does. ( I believe they said that.)

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Quote:
Several of us are on a waiting list for the 3.91 gears that are on backorder right now. I believe on the 2010-2011, you will have to change out your lower control arms if you want to run the rear sway bar, both are designed differently.
I have been running 3:91 gears now since March, when they were available. And the above statement of changing lower control arms to accept 1LE sway bar is correct. It is great to have all these choices.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #10
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
To run the revised rear sway bar you will definitely need to swap out the rear lower control arms for a 2010 or 2011 car. As long as you're doing an upgrade you might as well look aftermarket. Our ZL Spec sway bar package will offer better performance than either the ZL1 or 1LE sway bar kits will, all while being adjustable and extremely easy to install and tune.

The rest of the parts in the 1LE package are really intriguing though... when looked at as an entire package the 1LE looks really awesome with some strategic suspension upgrades of course!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
Haha, it's important GM people saying "off-record" things, not just a random person. I fully believe we'll be able to get everything because if anything breaks on a 1LE GM has to be able to provide a replacement. Just like they said the ZL1 fascia wouldn't fit a SS and it does. ( I believe they said that.)
My point was he didn't say anything that people aren't assuming anyway.

And providing replacement parts is different than selling the parts over the counter. ALL of the parts will have part numbers and be available for repairs. That doesn't mean you will be able to order them.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
I priced out everything for new ZL1 sways, links, LCAs to swap into my 2010 SS and it was just over $400 for everything. Quite a great deal.

I never heard about the electric water pump, can anyone confirm? Is the electric steering available for the SS?

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #13
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I never heard about the electric water pump, can anyone confirm? Is the electric steering available for the SS?
You know...now that you say that....I think that is what I was thinking about. It's not electric cooling, it's electric steering. Sorry for any confusion!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
I have been running 3:91 gears now since March, when they were available. And the above statement of changing lower control arms to accept 1LE sway bar is correct. It is great to have all these choices.
How much do the GM 3.91's cost?
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote