Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #29
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSS2 View Post
Ludicrously AWESOME! Muchos Gracias!!!! Mui Bueno!! Ok, so this is what I am gathering...you are saying that the light that blinks while the car is locked on the center of the top of the dash, the power for that is coming off of the ambient light sensor from the gray block under the driver side, and the wires is on the 21 position on that block? So do I actually need to find the black wire that branches off of the ambient light sensor? I will have to see about tinkering with that as soon as i can, and I will post pics of install once I get some time may be this weekendish, if all goes well.
Please tell me what you find. I will be out in the garage this weekend playing around.

and...

Nice..... sweet. Nice job with the manual. Where can I buy one and how much? I want to order one asap.

Wizzer
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #30
TRSS2

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Black RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzer View Post
Please tell me what you find. I will be out in the garage this weekend playing around.

and...

Nice..... sweet. Nice job with the manual. Where can I buy one and how much? I want to order one asap.

Wizzer
If I find anything useful, I ill take pics and post/pm you, gotta share the wealth.
link for service manual... prepare your pocket book.... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...39#post1624839
AAC interior red dome lights, footwell lights, SMD wheel well lights, led pods, afterburners(SMD), RED/WHITE halo headlights and fog lights, Nite Rider scanner times 2, illuminated bowtie, T-REX black phantom billet grill upper and lower, had vinyl blackouts-they turned out to be illegal . Soon to have LTLAudio door projectors.

Last edited by TRSS2; 03-30-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: forgot to post a link
TRSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:38 PM   #31
Don O
Camaro and Vettehead

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM L99 69 427/400 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Thanks for the schematics! But if it's for the ambient light sensor doesn't that means it's on all the time? Or are your saying the sole purpose of that gray wire is for the blinking led and it is just labeled as under the ambient light sensor?
The manual states it's part of the light sensor, but I think it means in packaging only. That is it is a separate circuit in the same housing. But I also think it is pulsed, meaning you won't have a constant voltage source.

Don O

Don O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 PM   #32
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Well my goal is just a blinking LED, I bought one with a built in curcuit that makes it blink from a constant power source but if it pulses I can just wire a normal LED in there. Though it's a problem if you intend to use those night rider lights.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:47 PM   #33
RedRyder

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS M6 Camaro
Also I'll be poking around in the wiring as well this weekend, hopefully at least one of us will be able to get it.
RedRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #34
TRSS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
Well my goal is just a blinking LED, I bought one with a built in curcuit that makes it blink from a constant power source but if it pulses I can just wire a normal LED in there. Though it's a problem if you intend to use those night rider lights.
Which is exactly what I want to use it for... shucks, then what would be hte best course of action in order to get the AAC nite rider led bars to run a full sweep @ certain intervals...?
AAC interior red dome lights, footwell lights, SMD wheel well lights, led pods, afterburners(SMD), RED/WHITE halo headlights and fog lights, Nite Rider scanner times 2, illuminated bowtie, T-REX black phantom billet grill upper and lower, had vinyl blackouts-they turned out to be illegal . Soon to have LTLAudio door projectors.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:19 PM   #35
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
the brain of the alarm is the secret to this puzzle
Old 04-28-2010, 08:29 AM   #36
TRSS2

indeed, and i am no brain surgeon grrr. oh well, the answer will come up sometime
Old 04-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #37
Dave2SSRS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
...and most alarm brains have an aux output... hmmmmmmmmm.

Richmond (Houston), TX
Dave2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:02 PM   #38
Wizzer

Some one posted this in another thread. Anyone know what this means?

---paste---

It is a gray wire at the ambient light sensor, terminal 1.
That wire is also located at the BCM X1 connector, termianl 21.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:54 PM   #39
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
The question is: Is the security light the only thing that has power when the car is off / locked? What about onstar! isn't that still powered even if the car is off? Want to do the same thing but the blinking light must have a relay that pulses the light, plus the security light housing also controls the auto lights right?
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #40
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
well in theory there is a few ways to go about this.

1. The light that blinks to show the alarm is on in the center of the dash most likely does have constant power to it. I am sure the light unit just pulses power on it own. We can tap into the power before it hits the light assembly.

2. The alarm is off and there is no power to it till its turned on so we must find where the power line is where the alarm is hooked up. tap that and it should give power.

I am going to set the alarm and test some wires or fuses that have power with the alarm on and that dont with alarm off and see what I come up with.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:10 PM   #41
Wizzer

Ok guys we Need to rebump this to the top. I got the scanner bar scanning and i so need to hit the hot wire to fire it when i arm the alarm. Did anyones digging amount to anything. Thx

Wizzer
Old 05-15-2010, 11:53 PM   #42
Sweet Caroline 2SS Aqua

Drives: 2SS Aqua
Here is my two cents, a guess and a starting point.
I am thinking the remote start and alarm are connected together some how.
I lock the doors and press remote start. HMMM.
Here a link to a picture of the remote start location.

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/fea.../photo_03.html

Passenger side of the mirror, on the windshield.
Now who’s brave enough to take off the cover and probing for hot wires.
Anyone?? If so post the results please. As well as the wiring as it gets into the headliner.

Like I said a starting place. Now to trace them down the side and somewhere easily to tap into.
Sweet Caroline 2SS Aqua is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, knight rider, security, tap, wiring