Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want a more powerful version of the Camaro(Z28)?
Yes 836 76.07%
No 263 23.93%
Voters: 1099. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2008, 07:42 PM   #267
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
i read the first 2 pages and had to post, it seems to me that people are feeling negative towards this, i do understand that the z28 means alot to many, but are making it feel like the SS will do nothing, the extra you would have paid for whatever came on a hypothetical z28, why not really upgrade the SS, make it a z28, i will be doing that and it will not loose anything becase of a badge, it will bring me that much closer to loving my car that much more.
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #268
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Blue View Post
i read the first 2 pages and had to post, it seems to me that people are feeling negative towards this, i do understand that the z28 means alot to many, but are making it feel like the SS will do nothing, the extra you would have paid for whatever came on a hypothetical z28, why not really upgrade the SS, make it a z28, i will be doing that and it will not loose anything becase of a badge, it will bring me that much closer to loving my car that much more.
I can see how many people would think this whole Z/28 debate is stupid because we are getting a fantastic car in the SS. Everyone here believes it is. If the Z/28 is not built, we will all go out and buy an SS - no doubt about it.

It's just that for many of us, the Z/28 was originally "THE" racing version of the Camaro. That means something to a lot of people. We are all glad that the SS came out and it is a wonderful car.
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #269
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coupé View Post

See? My point exactly. GM is going to plan this right, just like it took 3 years to see our beloved at 99% of over all concept's vision. Or did you like the way Ford carved the concept mustang like last year's Thanksgiving turkey? --But on that note, you can't polish a turd.

Patience. Uhg I'm gonna be 30 by the time the RSs and SSs hit show rooms, half of you are 20 other others in there 40 and 50 have waited since 69 to get a car of similar caliber. You are gonna tell me that it will be too much to wait another 18 months??
Old 07-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #270
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Let's assume they did get the green light, why wouldn't they simply say it will come at a later time like they have indicated for the 'vert? Doesn't make sense to be so non-definitive unless it was a no-go. Has anyone on the Camaro team been candid regarding the Z/28? No. Why do you think that is so?
great example is the blue devil vette aka the ZR1. how long was it being seen in spy shots and no official word was said?
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:25 PM   #271
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
great example is the blue devil vette aka the ZR1. how long was it being seen in spy shots and no official word was said?
Good point but do you think they would have gotten the green light in todays market with todays GM and all the challenges it faces? When I read this article and Cheryl's specific response to the question "Will there be a Z/28 model?", it sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and...wer/index.html
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #272
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
You know I didn't like the new BB before, but it looks really good to me in those pics. If I had things my way, my Z would look like the new BB, some reasonable engine mods (CAI, exhaust), some suspension and chassis tweaks, tons of weight reductions, top of the line tires, Recaro (or comparable) seats with grippy upholstery, and maybe even the General's first DCT.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #273
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Good point but do you think they would have gotten the green light in todays market with todays GM and all the challenges it faces? When I read this article and Cheryl's specific response to the question "Will there be a Z/28 model?", it sounds pretty cut and dry to me.

http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and...wer/index.html
You may or may not know, but the question she answered is misquoted. Cheryl herself responded in an email saying the actual quesiton was something like, "with there be a Z28 at launch?" And her answer was no.

And since then Scott as trid to calm the waters saying it isn't dead. So again back to your original point. I wish they'd say something also.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #274
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Good point but do you think they would have gotten the green light in todays market with todays GM and all the challenges it faces?
well depends on what Z28 means to you. if you're talking about a high horsepower car with a supercharger. . .maybe. they already have the LSA and LS9. wouldn't take much to put them in a camaro.

If you go back to what a Z28 was back in the day before it was truely watered down, a road race prepped camaro that had a 302 ci motor and a beefed up suspension, then still maybe.

Now there's a better chance of the supercharged camaro then what I believe would be a better choice for a Z28. The reason I say this the majority of people that want the Z28 are screaming for a supercharged camaro. so it would make it more profitable for GM to make that then what I want.

just try not to be so negative torwards the possibility of a Z28. no one has confirmed or denied it there is one being built. so it's all about perspective.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #275
Iwantmycamaronow

Drives: 1969 Chevelle
SS will always be "Top Dog"

am i missing something here?

from when the SS came out in what 68 up to 72 the SS camaro was always the high performer of the camaro line, at least HP wise. (no, DZs dont count) and when it came back years later in the 90s was the same thing.

so if we go by history here, if and when there is a camaro z-28 it wouldnt, or shouldnt out perform the SS.

you think there going to put a supercharger on a V8 pushing out 420 horses already, and have it surpass the SS?

that just wouldnt add up in my opinion, unless they go with this current line and supercharge the V6 or something.

no?
Iwantmycamaronow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM   #276
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantmycamaronow View Post
am i missing something here?

from when the SS came out in what 68 up to 72 the SS camaro was always the high performer of the camaro line, at least HP wise. (no, DZs dont count) and when it came back years later in the 90s was the same thing.

so if we go by history here, if and when there is a camaro z-28 it wouldnt, or shouldnt out perform the SS.

you think there going to put a supercharger on a V8 pushing out 420 horses already, and have it surpass the SS?

that just wouldnt add up in my opinion, unless they go with this current line and supercharge the V6 or something.

no?
yet another negative post. and who was top dog is something we can discuss for 1 billion threads. the fact of the matter is if they introduce a limited production camaro no matter what the name it will out perform the SS. sorry to burst your bubble. the reason. . .the SS is in the line up as of monday. nothing else.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #277
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
DZ302 was Z28 motor. They're all good. Actually, ZL1 was the big dog
Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #278
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Times change.....
Old 07-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #279
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
i thought we were at 1,954,343 threads about this
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:03 PM   #280
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
i thought we were at 1,954,343 threads about this
yea well can't help the noobs sometimes.