Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #29
returnofcc
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 VW GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm10gt View Post
Wait wait wait! Before you get angry, this topic was made in jest! What I really mean is, you guys seem to be fighting a battle on both fronts. On one side, you have the mustang crowd and on the other, you have the challenger crowd.

Props for keeping it civil and debating rationally and not letting it turn into a flame fest over here at camaro5.

The new camaro has sold well and im interested in seeing what the future holds for this revised line of autos. Myself, when the camaro first came out, I wanted one. They just looked awesome. But as time went on, and the 2010 mustang came out, it really started to catch my eye, and thus, I went in that direction.

I have been intrigued that the mustang has done so well when pitted against the camaro, and the next few years is going to be some good "one upping". If the camaro gets revamped suspension and the mustang gets a bigger motor, looks like there is going to be some serious competition, and that seems like it is going to be fun.

I would like to see the mustang come out with something in the 6.0 ltr supercharged engine, and I would like to see the camaro come out with a 6.2 ltr supercharged as well, and shed some weight and then get a reworked suspension...that would make for some interesting races.

Anyway, I just wanted to come by and say "keep up the good work" and have a friendly discussion on what could be a great rivalry in the near future.
Please go read the 2010 Camaro v6 vs 2009 GTI forum, and then tell me what you think. The funniest part was that after ironpeddler made that post, his account got suspended. Yea, unbiased for sure...
returnofcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #30
mjf6866

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
thanks guys for the kind words!
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #31
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
GTHAVIT came in here and represented the mods. He pointed out that they can kick any of you if they want, but they would rather have members who don't feel like they live alongside the repressed citizens of North Korea or China.

For the sake of this site, let's be respectful to one another and to those who have to deal with those of us who are not so respectful. If it weren't for the moderators, we'd still be looking at a whole lot of bot posts. Show some respect. It is the first rule on Camaro5, and it applies to fellow members as well as administrators.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #32
sgm10gt

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T
Quote:
For the sake of this site, let's be respectful to one another and to those who have to deal with those of us who are not so respectful
Agree, no reason a debate can't be civil. I dont mean that trash talking cant be done, it kinda makes things interesting, as long as people dont take it too seriously...and it doesnt get personal. The purpose of these forums is to "discuss" items of interest. You guys here (and at challenger talk) have forums dedicated to "other cars" so, you will probably see some riff raff here and there. No need for either side to get ill with each other.
sgm10gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #33
cHaotix

Drives: 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Send a message via AIM to cHaotix Send a message via MSN to cHaotix Send a message via Yahoo to cHaotix
The mods here certainly are more tolerant than I am. I'm not one that would hesitate to ban someone that makes trollish/douchey posts. I'm all for heated debates as long as people remain open minded though.
cHaotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #34
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgm10gt View Post
I'd like to think that a mustang could hold its own vs. a camaro, and I think it does, some may differ there. I guess it's all in everyones individual experiences.
NOTE: i'm just asking cuz i'm not part of any mustang forum so i dont really know what the argument is for the stang being better than/being able to hold it's own to the camaro.

in what regard(s) do you view the stang as being able to hold its own to the camaro?

i'm not trying to bash, just trying to understand your perspective sgm10gt. and yes i agree it does matter on the individual's experiences, but i still want to know why you think so.

and although i do think the camaro is better, the new stangs do look nice
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:13 AM   #35
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by returnofcc View Post
Please go read the 2010 Camaro v6 vs 2009 GTI forum, and then tell me what you think. The funniest part was that after ironpeddler made that post, his account got suspended. Yea, unbiased for sure...
We don't award brownie points to anyone here. His account suspension had nothing to do with that post. Anyway, we are biased here. We have an inherent bias against those who assume the staff look at what members drives before we consider what they're saying.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #36
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Interesting to note: children often think their parents are being overbearing and unfair when they are getting reprimanded for doing something wrong. However, as they grow up, they come to appreciate the good sense and quality parenting behind that discipline....I could make a connection, here...but it may be interpreted as power-hungry and unfair ....

First of all, this is completely off-topic, and I'm requesting that this moderating discussion stop, now.

Second, I take personal offense to the accusations lodged against us as being power-hungry among others. And not because I'm a moderator. Nope -- that's the last reason. I've worked with this group of moderators for almost 2 years now, and they're are the best team I've ever worked with on ANYTHING. The LAST thing anybody with sense can call them is power-hungry, or unfair. Many of you don't -- and won't -- ever know the discussions and anxiety that takes place over banning/suspending somebody, no matter how troublesome the "bannee" is. Such an action is not done on a whim.

We don't censor anybody, and we don't suppress opposing viewpoints on anything around here. Evidence is this section, and the fact that this thread is NOT closed. What we remove, are posts that started out as innocent disagreements, but then evolve into ugly troll monsters that repeat themselves over and over, degrading the thread (or threads) into nothing but useless bickering. There are a great many people watching us -- and a massive number of active members. We do our very best to keep the site clean and presentable, and judging by our growth...I have to say I think we've done a relatively good job. To those caught in the crossfire, I apologize. And to those who forced us into being "the bad guy", please know that you're not in trouble anymore, and that there are no hard feelings.

And to those who defended us in here, thank you very much. Your support is appreciated, and you honor us with your words. It truly is the members that make this website so unique, and wonderful!

So...again, please stop this derailment now....If ever there is a moderating issue you'd like to discuss, please don't hesitate to contact one of us (you know who we are). We aren't the scary dictators some would describe us as -- we always welcome constructive criticism on ways to make the site a better place for everyone. (One such suggestion/comment resulted in the creation of this very section....interesting, huh?)

Now...back to the OP, and how bad it is to be a Camaro owner...........who says "jest" anymore? j.k.

Last edited by DGthe3; 10-15-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: joe's e-mail request
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:43 AM   #37
edbrick

Drives: 2009 GXP -2007 MustangGT--Wife
Why would you be surprised ,as the owner of a Mustang or Challenger, that when you join a Camaro forum a majority of the people there are crazy for the Camaro and defend it passionately. Every time I read someone crying about how they were banned or had a post deleted I laugh. If you dont like it join a forum that represents your car that way you can all fantasize about what your cars can do.
edbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #38
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
We stay nice & civil as long as you don't hurl insults while calling them opinions, don't go overboard comparing a modded car to a stock car, and don't try to make comparisons between cars with a $20,000 price gap.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #39
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Apples are apples and oranges are oranges but I never liked the Camaro SS pitted against the Shelby GT 500. (there is a supercharger and a $20,000 difference) I do like Mustangs and Challengers because they are serious muscle cars with drop dead gorgeous looks. All are winners.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:00 AM   #40
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbusa View Post
Apples are apples and oranges are oranges but I never liked the Camaro SS pitted against the Shelby GT 500. (there is a supercharger and a $20,000 difference) I do like Mustangs and Challengers because they are serious muscle cars with drop dead gorgeous looks. All are winners.
Nice way to get us back on topic.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #41
sgm10gt

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T
Quote:
in what regard(s) do you view the stang as being able to hold its own to the camaro?

i'm not trying to bash, just trying to understand your perspective sgm10gt. and yes i agree it does matter on the individual's experiences, but i still want to know why you think so.

and although i do think the camaro is better, the new stangs do look nice
Well, first, from styling and looks standpoint. The camaro looks really good. I think GM did a good job at bringing back some of the body lines of the old 69 version, while implementing some of the good things of a modern car. The thing that sticks out most to me about the camaro is the shoulders. It really makes the car look like it's "haunching" and really aggressive. The front end is also nice, although I do agree with others when they say it kinda looks like it is smiling at you I will say, however, that I think the interior of the camaro needs some work...granted, I have never actually sat in one, im sure they are plenty comfortable, but, there one of the things that stand out to me are those big wing shaped guage pods on the dash. To me, they are just too big. Also, the radio controls look a little off to me. The rear end of the car, while it is nice, is too narrow I think. The way the corners of the car pinch in around the ends of the tail lights, I think they could have made it a little more broad. But, those are just a couple things that I find that, I myself, don't like.

As far as the mustang goes. I think ford did a really nice job on the overall look of the car, granted it doesnt look that much different than from previous versions. However, the new nose of the car looks really aggressive, in just the design. I dont know if it's the way the front slopes down or the way that they now have the headlamps set into it, but there's something about it that really looks good. The rear end....while at first, I was one that didnt really like it, like others, it has grown on me, and now i do like it. I guess that is one of those subjective things, some will never like the looks of it. This is one of those areas where personal taste comes in. The interior of the mustang, again, only in my opinion, seems to be more "well done" than the camaro. The round tach and spedometer looks really nice and the center console, to me, are better than that of a camaro. The ambient lighting and mycolor are pretty nice as well.

As far as sound goes. I like that the mustang has a nice growl when you step on the gas. It may not be much, but it's something I like to hear.

On to performance. Yes, the camaro may be faster, but not by much. Ford only put the 315hp motor in their cars, but it seems to be not drastically slower than the camaro. Granted, my knowledge may be limited, because ive just been going by what i've seen in several youtube reviews of both cars, when they do the reviews of the cars pitted against each other. In the reviews ive watched, one of them showed the camaro 0-60 at 4.8 seconds and the mustang at 4.9. And the 1/4 mile times were not that far off either. However, I have seen some reviews that put the mustang 0-60 at 5.2 seconds and the 1/4 mile at 13.5. I guess each reviewer has different ways of testing....or maybe different bias?

In most of the reviews that I have seen, one thing seems to be constant, and that is that the mustang seems to be better at handling.

So, there are just a couple of ways that I think the mustang can hold its own against the camaro. Not saying any one is better than the other, just saying that my preference went to the mustang, but that there is nothing at all wrong with the camaro.

Quote:
Apples are apples and oranges are oranges but I never liked the Camaro SS pitted against the Shelby GT 500
That is also one thing I have kinda wondered about. Is it really fair to put a supercharged car against one that is not? This is why it would be a good idea for ford to introduce a 6.0 liter supercharged car and GM to bring out a supercharger on their 6.2 liter camaros. I think this would more evenly match the two cars. Possible this could be something that may happen in the Z/28 version of the camaro? I think this would be great because it would give both lines of cars an even comparison. V6 vs V6, SS vs GT, and Z/28 vs GT500.
sgm10gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #42
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Take your pick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARME View Post
I'd totally dish out $110,000 for a ZR1. What a deal actually.... They usually sell for $125,000-$148,000 here! Where can I find that one !?
This place has more Vettes than anyone in the US!
These are msrp they are giving good incentives on Vettes, even ZO6's.
http://www.kerbeck.com/kerbeck/kerbe...ette_inventory
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote