Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-20-2013, 02:55 AM   #1
summitwhitess

Drives: 2012 summit white LS
My keys won't open my car ?

I'm having problems with my keys not opening and locking my 2012 camaro . I could be at it for 10 mins pressing the button and nothing. It work when it wants too anyone know what could the problem be ? I though it was the battery and replaced them and same problem .

Last edited by summitwhitess; 06-20-2013 at 03:12 AM.
summitwhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #2
ScottR

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray Metallic 2LT RS
Take if to the dealer! I had one of two key fobs go bad. One of the lock buttons was sticking, they ordered a new key without question, warranty covers it.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:40 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by summitwhitess View Post
I'm having problems with my keys not opening and locking my 2012 camaro . I could be at it for 10 mins pressing the button and nothing. It work when it wants too anyone know what could the problem be ? I though it was the battery and replaced them and same problem .
Hello summitwhitess,

Sorry your experiencing some issues with your keys currently. Have you had the opportunity to speak to your dealer about this? If not, I recommend doing so. I can get involved and contact your dealer on your behalf also. I would need some information from you. Let me know, here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #4
summitwhitess

Drives: 2012 summit white LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello summitwhitess,

Sorry your experiencing some issues with your keys currently. Have you had the opportunity to speak to your dealer about this? If not, I recommend doing so. I can get involved and contact your dealer on your behalf also. I would need some information from you. Let me know, here to help.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks I just went to my local dealer and both keys worked fine so they couldn't help me. I realize it just happens in my house there must be somthing interfering with signal maybe .
summitwhitess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Thanks I just went to my local dealer and both keys worked fine so they couldn't help me. I realize it just happens in my house there must be somthing interfering with signal maybe .

I see summitwhitess, that's very strange indeed. Well happy to hear that the issue was identified and now you can adjust as needed. Have a great rest of the week!

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 AM   #6
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Quote:
I had a similar issue after I installed the Scosche kit for my aftermarket headunit.