Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #3641
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyboy77 View Post
Okay Im super new to this forum and have just kind of been scrolling around and stumbled upon this v6 corner here, since Im a proud v6 owner as well. So we just chat about anything related to our cars here or what? Ive only had mine about a month and some change now and have been considering the best mods a CAI is my next purchase but I was curious what else you all would suggest for my next couple purchases in the future. Any word on an Intake Manifold Insulator for the 2013 LFX Camaros yet? havent been able to find any updates on that. Thanks.
Welcome to the V6 club.
Well I don't think the LFX needs an intake insulator because the intake it's self is plastic and there is no need for one.
One thing you could get a quality catch can first like a elite or RX to keep carbon deposits from building up on the intake valves.
Next I would consider a Vmax ported Throttle body. It really perks up the motor.
A CAI and Exhaust should also fall in there too. No header is necessary because the exhaust manifolds are actually built into the heads.
Enjoy your car and drive it often for maximum enjoyment.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #3642
armyboy77
2013 Cyber Grey "Leia"

Drives: 2013 LFX LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCracker View Post
Thanks! RS package is a good investment lol. Luckily mine came that way What kinda rims are you looking at?
Well Im honestly not all that familiar with name brands when it comes to rims, I generally find what I like then do a little research and go from there because rims have never been something I wanted to spend my money on before getting my Camaro. Im looking for either matte black or gloss black but I'm leaning more towards matte to offset the stripes. Any suggestions?
armyboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #3643
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Welcome!!! We have a nitrous group buy going!!! Lmao
Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #3644
armyboy77
2013 Cyber Grey "Leia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Welcome to the V6 club.
Well I don't think the LFX needs an intake insulator because the intake it's self is plastic and there is no need for one.
One thing you could get a quality catch can first like a elite or RX to keep carbon deposits from building up on the intake valves.
Next I would consider a Vmax ported Throttle body. It really perks up the motor.
A CAI and Exhaust should also fall in there too. No header is necessary because the exhaust manifolds are actually built into the heads.
Enjoy your car and drive it often for maximum enjoyment.
Oh okay, everyone seemed to have such a good experience when purchasing it for their LLT engine I didnt want to be missing out. Catch can, I looked into that seems easy enough. As for the throttle body, one of the sites I looked at had the purchase of a Used body or new for an additional 200. I don't want to go the cheaper route if there is serious risks buying used from the jdpmotorsports site. Would you advise against it? Also, I straight piped my exhaust a couple weeks ago. I read mixed reviews but I think the sound stands out around the other v6s I come across daily, a couple of them showed interest in the option but before that I was looking at the MRT 2.0 as an exhaust option. May be going that route down the road. I drive her as often as I can!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #3645
FireCracker
Banned

Drives: a car
Quote:
Well Im honestly not all that familiar with name brands when it comes to rims, I generally find what I like then do a little research and go from there because rims have never been something I wanted to spend my money on before getting my Camaro. Im looking for either matte black or gloss black but I'm leaning more towards matte to offset the stripes. Any suggestions?
Haha I'm new too! I'm learning as well that's pretty much what I do.. I just got my first camaro about a week ago.. I have havoc wheels and they are black chrome. I love them
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #3646
armyboy77
2013 Cyber Grey "Leia"

Okay after a bit more reading I understand what the deal is with the throttle body price difference. So these sites generally want you to send in your previous part almost as an exchange on top of purchasing the new throttle body? Well alright so What would I probably be looking at spending on the vmax throttle body once its all said and done?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #3647
armyboy77
2013 Cyber Grey "Leia"

Quote:
Haha I'm new too! I'm learning as well that's pretty much what I do.. I just got my first camaro about a week ago.. I have havoc wheels and they are black chrome. I love them
Oh Well when I was checking out your halo rings I had seen a couple other pics and was under the impression that you'd already went from one nice set of black rims to another. I may have just been a bit confused there.ha. Those rims are legit and I want some around that style. But full matte black in color. Whatd they cost you?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #3648
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Okay after a bit more reading I understand what the deal is with the throttle body price difference. So these sites generally want you to send in your previous part almost as an exchange on top of purchasing the new throttle body? Well alright so What would I probably be looking at spending on the vmax throttle body once its all said and done?
Around $150.
The initial price is with the core charge, they refund that portion back to you when they receive your original one back in exchange. Or to avoid the core charge you can send yours in first and they will then send you one of theirs or port yours then send it back. The down side is your car is out of service while waiting.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #3649
armyboy77
2013 Cyber Grey "Leia"

Is this a do it yourself kind of job? It doesn't appear to be.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #3650
FireCracker
Banned

Drives: a car
Quote:
Oh Well when I was checking out your halo rings I had seen a couple other pics and was under the impression that you'd already went from one nice set of black rims to another. I may have just been a bit confused there.ha. Those rims are legit and I want some around that style. But full matte black in color. Whatd they cost you?
Nah.. I haven't done anything to my car yet. All the mods I have were already on there for me lol. Including the wheels I got really lucky as some people tell me haha. Here's a link for them.. I'm sure you can find used one too of course.. I actually recently found out there's a whole "havoc" body kit lol.

http://www.westcoastcamaro.com/p-437...-20x820x9.aspx
FireCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:11 PM   #3651
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Is this a do it yourself kind of job? It doesn't appear to be.
The throttle body takes about 15 minutes to swap out. It's not hard at all.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #3652
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Yeah, throttle body is just removing the intake from the throttle body, remove throttle body connector/harness, and remove 4 bolts. Very easy to do. Easier than the intake.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #3653
armyboy77
2013 Cyber Grey "Leia"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The throttle body takes about 15 minutes to swap out. It's not hard at all.
Oh okay. So the shipping I assume is pretty quick? It does suck you have to wait while that takes place. Though I did see I site that had a 200 dollar deposit fee option so they would send you the new one and charge 200 then refund it once they received your part. So I suppose there is options.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 PM   #3654
armyboy77
2013 Cyber Grey "Leia"

Quote:
Nah.. I haven't done anything to my car yet. All the mods I have were already on there for me lol. Including the wheels I got really lucky as some people tell me haha. Here's a link for them.. I'm sure you can find used one too of course.. I actually recently found out there's a whole "havoc" body kit lol.

http://www.westcoastcamaro.com/p-437...-20x820x9.aspx
Yep sounds like you found a sweet ride. Did you buy if from a owner? That was probably not a bad route to go. I got mine fresh from the dealership then picked out a couple add ons. Everything else will take place with time. I have looked into all the different body kits but thats another one of those things I believe Ill hold off on until I make the v8 step up down the road.