Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #29
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybsyc View Post
Ever see the original Silverado SS concept? It was really cool, then the production version was.. well, not very cool. This will probably suffer the same fate if they build it. The concept was sleek, smooth, and cool:

The production version? Tall, cladded up, and clunky.
Maybe its just me, but i think the concept version of the ss silverado looks incredibly stupid. Looks like someone just riced out a truck. I really like the production version though. It doesnt look like someone threw up on a truck, like the concept does. Then again, i like trucks that are actually trucks.

Anyways, i kinda like the new concept. Looks decent, but i doubt that it will end up looking much like that. It usually doesnt. Hopefully theyll bring the silverado SS back, and i for one hope they bring back the big factory lifted versions (like the Rocky Ridge trucks) Those were awesome!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #30
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I think it looks great. For one, they are trying to keep weight down since it is a performance truck (and a concept, at that). For two, simply, they are bad ass wheels!

But I wouldn't worry too much. They are Z/28 wheels...on a concept truck. Doubt they will ever be put on the truck.

Although I would take it! (if I was in the market for a bad ass rocket truck!)
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #31
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
...I had a ten year love affair with an AWD Silverado SS. Far and away the best truck I ever owned.
im jealous lol.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinlow View Post
The brakes won't make production, but I think putting the standard brakes from the Camaro on it would make sense, at least the calipers anyway. They would either have to change the hubs to go to a 5 lug (probably wouldn't happen) or would have to go with different wheels as the standard Silverado has a 6 lug pattern. Why go the 6.2 liter truck motor though? Put the LS3 in it along with an option for the 6 speed manual.
The 6.2 in the new Silverado is a better engine than the LS3. Approximately the same power, but more low end & mid range torque.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #33
KMK454

Drives: 91 B4C Camaro
The real question is which one weighs more, the new Z/28 or the Silverado Cheyenne Concept?
KMK454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #34
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMK454 View Post
The real question is which one weighs more, the new Z/28 or the Silverado Cheyenne Concept?
Cheyenne by 500 lbs
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #35
Rockhead
Hoser.

Drives: 2018 Z06
Pretty cool.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #36
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
Actually, there is precedent for wheels of a similar style on the new trucks: Just paint these charcoal, and you're pretty close...

...and those tow hook openings make great brake duct locators...

Attached Images

LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #37
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
BTW, the original SS Concept was built with an Extended Cab roof/doors/inner bed added to a shortened rear end Suburban...totally different proportions than the (necessary) production-based Extended Cab. Notice the SS's "unibody" rear 1/4s ala Suburban...but the Avalanche used a version of this, with full-sized rear doors.

Little known trivia: There was actually a Model Number designation for a 5' box/wheelbase, created...as a 2WD and 4 X 4, in extended cab and crew......
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote