Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #57
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Richard,

Can you please go back there with a decent quality digital camera when the black stripes are on? You would be doing many members here a favor since we have yet to see the black rally stripes on a any car let alone yellow (which shoudl look very nice).

Thanks!
Old 04-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #58
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIchael Westen View Post

Interesting that the first cars manage to show up at Hendrick and Penske, isn't it?
I was just thinking the same thing... glad I got lucky and picked the right dealership.

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

richardhoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:57 PM   #59
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Richard,

Can you please go back there with a decent quality digital camera when the black stripes are on? You would be doing many members here a favor since we have yet to see the black rally stripes on a any car let alone yellow (which shoudl look very nice).

Thanks!
I know one guy in Eufala, AL who will be interested. Of course I still hope he sees his first in the next few days.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:59 PM   #60
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Richard,

Thanks!
I wish I could, but the sales manager isn't going to let me go back there anymore... I am the only person that ordered that he even called about coming to check it out. I am good friends with another salesperson that works there (I put her husband in the Army) and she told me that she asked her manager if she could call her customer that ordered and he told her no... Hopefully I can put up some good pics of a black one when mine gets here! haha

Oh... and I don't have a bad quality digital camera, let alone a decent quality one.

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

Last edited by richardhoggard; 04-15-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:04 PM   #61
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Change the name of the thread to "First Delivered, I win"

You may get more traffic but is this a members car?
I don't have any idea who owns this car... just know that he lives about 2 hrs north of Indy

I don't know how to change the name of the thread... but I think over 1600 views is pretty impressive. I feel like I actually made this forum better today!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #62
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhoggard View Post
I don't have any idea who owns this car... just know that he lives about 2 hrs north of Indy

I don't know how to change the name of the thread... but I think over 1600 views is pretty impressive. I feel like I actually made this forum better today!

You've done more today than I have for the past year. lol

waiting......waiting........
Old 04-15-2009, 08:48 PM   #63
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

You've done more today than I have for the past year. lol

waiting......waiting........
I appreciate it... I'm still waiting too though...

Old 04-15-2009, 08:56 PM   #64
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You WILL get used to it and very quickly. Won't take long at all.
I completely believe that I will... as far as I know, you have the most experience driving this beauty, and if you say it's OK, then who am I to argue... I've only turned the key once.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:06 PM   #65
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

speaking of turning the key... I will admit that the sound wasn't as "throaty" as I would have expected, but it still sounded great!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #66
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
This is cool and all, but damn... I wouldn't want a bunch of people oogling and fiddling and playing with my car before I got it...

I know the dealer's gotta prep it and stuff, but I mean come on... it's not a showroom display car for everyone to sit in!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #67
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
This is cool and all, but damn... I wouldn't want a bunch of people oogling and fiddling and playing with my car before I got it...

I know the dealer's gotta prep it and stuff, but I mean come on... it's not a showroom display car for everyone to sit in!

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that
I completely understand and agree, but I couldn't turn down the opportunity since today was the first time I had ever seen one of these in person. I was the only person that isn't an employee that was allowed to even look at it. I brought a friend with me when I went and the manager wouldn't even let him sit in it, so I can assure you that it was treated with the utmost respect. I promise there was much more oogling and fiddling by the employees of the dealer than by me... I was kinda afraid to touch anything because I didnt want to mess anything up, because I know I would kill someone if they did some thing to mine...

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 AM   #68
ClevelandPlasma

Drives: 2010 Ford Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhoggard View Post
I wish I could, but the sales manager isn't going to let me go back there anymore... I am the only person that ordered that he even called about coming to check it out. I am good friends with another salesperson that works there (I put her husband in the Army) and she told me that she asked her manager if she could call her customer that ordered and he told her no.
That is just wrong!! What is wrong with saying, hey we got another persons car in if you want to check it out, but no touching. ( Check it out from a distance, what are we 10. )

Not to mention if it was a brand new client who thought he was interested in a Camaro, I bet he would get to finger it up. Would he not???? Hell ya he would
ClevelandPlasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:34 AM   #69
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
For Roger Penske's family member?

Thinking about the fact that there is only one car delivered, it's yellow (Penske's corporate color) delivered to a Roger Penske dealership....makes me think that this car may be for one of Roger Penske's 5 grown children??? or a close personal friend.

I would think there would have been a hauler full of Camaro's if this was just a regular delivery....

But the good news is they're arriving! ! ! !
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 AM   #70
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Thinking about the fact that there is only one car delivered, it's yellow (Penske's corporate color) delivered to a Roger Penske dealership....makes me think that this car may be for one of Roger Penske's 5 grown children??? or a close personal friend.

I would think there would have been a hauler full of Camaro's if this was just a regular delivery....

But the good news is they're arriving! ! ! !
Penske owns a buttload of dealerships, along with UAG. Does the Penske family even live within the vacinity of that dealership??
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote