Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
Tkbert

Used 2013 1LE with Mods

I am currently looking at a used 2013 1LE with 300 miles. The car has approx. $10K in mods ( SLP supercharger, new exhaust, kook heads and dual mode cut out) and is around $2,500 more than the quote a received from the dealer for a brand new 2013 1LE. My concern is should I be worried about voided warranty or jump on it quickly?
Tkbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
TX_ED_SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Inferno Orange
Depends on what you want. If those mods were in your future plans, then go for it! If you need the warranty, then stick with a new or CPO vehicle.

U.S. Army Retired
TX_ED_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Take them both for a test drive.. Whichever one feels like your car is the one you should get
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello Tkbert,

Prior to purchase, I would ask for documentation from the seller stating whether or not these modifications were completed at a GM dealership. Any modifications to the vehicle that are not GM parts and performed at a GM dealership could void the GM warranty. I hope this helps with your decision! Please let me know if further assistance is needed.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkbert View Post
I am currently looking at a used 2013 1LE with 300 miles. The car has approx. $10K in mods ( SLP supercharger, new exhaust, kook heads and dual mode cut out) and is around $2,500 more than the quote a received from the dealer for a brand new 2013 1LE. My concern is should I be worried about voided warranty or jump on it quickly?
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
I would request access to the tune file and pay a quality tuner to look it over ensuring its safety before I would buy a car that modified with such low miles. In addition, I would request receipts in order to make sure that supporting mods were done and get information about the reputation of whatever organization performed them. Good luck!
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:31 AM   #6
dixonk

Drives: 2011 Audi Q7
Send a message via Skype™ to dixonk
One thing to keep in mind is the mods add 0 value to the car. It is already used and the value of the car is the used car value of a stock car. The other thing is not having the full factory support on what is essentially already a race car from the factory. On the other hand you will be getting a much more powerful car which if you are into drag racing would be a good thing but the 1LE is the wrong car for drag racing you will have to shift into an extra gear and it's an utter waste of suspension. If you are into road racing then stock power levels are already a handful at any track. I recommend you go and drive one at the dealer if you can.
dixonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Could it be this one?
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=303406
If so, you won't have anything to worry about in regards to quality of work.
They build some awesome cars! Good luck in what ever you decide.

2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost. SOLD!!!
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote