Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-17-2014, 09:01 PM   #1
2010abmss

Drives: 2010 ABM SS
Whats up with all these NFL players beating their wives/kids up!

It seems like everyday I watch or look at the news theres a new story about an NFL player beating a child, or wife or girlfriend! What ever happended to the good ole boys!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #2
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
I think some people are finally figuring out this is not acceptable and filing charges.
Old 09-23-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I heard last night that the federal domestic hot line has been lit up, and they don't have enough people to answer the phone.
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #4
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
Face it the NFL failed miserably when they gave Ray Rice a 2 game suspension for knocking his then girlfriend out and the fallout will not go away for a long time. Kudos to the big name sponsors that had the balls to call them on it, Obviously the NFL thought they were a little bigger in life than they really are am I am a fan but a "Reality Check" was long overdue in the league and also the in the Public as what should never be tolerated or covered up.
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #5
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAX CAMARO View Post
Face it Roger Goodell failed miserably when they gave Ray Rice a 2 game suspension for knocking his then girlfriend out and the fallout will not go away for a long time. Kudos to the big name sponsors that had the balls to call them on it, Obviously the NFL thought they were a little bigger in life than they really are am I am a fan but a "Reality Check" was long overdue in the league and also the in the Public as what should never be tolerated or covered up.
fyp. that guy is a piece of brown word. The guy needs to be kicked out of the nfl for life. Just as much as ray rice needs to be.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #6
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Most likely happens all the time. Give people a big chunk o change. And they feel the power. They feel like they can do anything and get away because they are unstoppable. Ex: Justin Bieber.

My 2¢... Beating your girlfriend or child, not ok. Disciplining your child the old fashion way by spanking or with a switch, ok. Not everybody out there in the NFL are big bully monsters. There are some good. It seems there are more releases to the press because one got fame by doing such, the media spills reports and it gets out more. Blame the media.

Any CEO trying to cover up internal fraud or misinstruction should step down. Same goes with clubs, political offices, and oh yeah...NFL.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:10 PM   #7
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
you don't think this same thing happens in the nbl??

I got the crap beat out of me by my father..he beat up my mom…

its been going on since adam put a sandal up eve's hind end for eating that apple.
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
SSmoothie

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6SP Blk/Blk
[QUOTE=CruisingSpeed;7969449

My 2¢.. Disciplining your child the old fashion way by spanking or with a switch, ok. .[/QUOTE]

I would stay this is a beating.

http://larrybrownsports.com/football...-switch/241049
Old 09-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #9
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Greg Hardy, Adrian Peterson, and Ray Rice. I was shocked when I heard about Greg Hardy. He has come across as a nice guy, when I have talked to him
Old 09-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisingSpeed View Post
Most likely happens all the time. Give people a big chunk o change. And they feel the power. They feel like they can do anything and get away because they are unstoppable. Ex: Justin Bieber.

My 2¢... Beating your girlfriend or child, not ok. Disciplining your child the old fashion way by spanking or with a switch, ok. Not everybody out there in the NFL are big bully monsters. There are some good. It seems there are more releases to the press because one got fame by doing such, the media spills reports and it gets out more. Blame the media.

Any CEO trying to cover up internal fraud or misinstruction should step down. Same goes with clubs, political offices, and oh yeah...NFL.
You wont get any support from people when you say hitting a child with a switch is ok...im old school..a smack on the ass is an attention getter. But hitting them with anything other then an open hand across the butt once in a while is just wrong.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #11
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally mayfield View Post
you don't think this same thing happens in the nbl??

I got the crap beat out of me by my father..he beat up my mom…

its been going on since adam put a sandal up eve's hind end for eating that apple.
It's been going on forever, and I was a part of it too.

That doesn't make it right, nor is it something I believe is right to pass on to your kids.

I do believe that alcohol is a large factor in both spousal and child abuse. And, there's been a tradition of shrugging off a lot of things that occur from people that are drunk or on many types of drugs. So, lots of the incidents get shugged off as an "Oh, Johnny got drunk again" type incident.

Fact is, it's wrong. And those of us that have been through that abuse need to speak up and tell other ADULTS that it's wrong too. I'd much rather see our prison systems used for people like this rather than the countless people incarcerated for marijuana possession.

This is a societal problem though, not an NFL problem...so that starts going into political discussions...so I'll leave it at that.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #12
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Wait till the nba season starts.......I'm sure some players there are nervous....even other sports are nervous.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 10:19 PM   #13
DP Valentino

Drives: 2010 CGM Chevrolet Camaro LS
Both Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson didn't exercise good logical thinking. Forgetting that they are athletic celebrities, and anything you do maybe questioned as a bad thing. The brain is a powerful tool if used right! But with them being in a violent sport that using body contact as a means to make a living has hampered their thought process just a bit. Now they're learning from it!
DP Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote