Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
Ghost1LE

Drives: 2013 AGM 2SS/RS 1LE
Roto-Fab Intake Question

I'm new to modding Cars and I've never messed with an Engine, obviously I know what everything is and the basics I just don't usually work on any cars cause I've never had to, so How hard is the Roto-Fab Intake installation? I've read over the instructions and it seems pretty simple to do, just want to get some feedback before I do it.

I was going to have the local Performance shop install it when they do my exhaust tomorrow but I enjoy modifying my own car and I'd like to spend the time and do it myself if it's not difficult, so let me know what you guys think.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #2
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Do it yourself. It's a very easy mod with basic tools.
Roto fab CAI comes with awesome instructions with pics.
Plus you will get to know your Car.
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
CliffjumperRS

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS Victory Red
It was the first thing i had ever modified under any hood. Take your time, pay attention to the directions if you feel green with it. The only tool i didn't have handy was a deep socket, but was still able to get by without a hitch. installed with zero issues, loved every minute of working on it. once you're done you feel like you could do anything on the car. Didn't hesitate to tear out my console to install a PDIM a month later, mostly because of how well the Roto-Fab install went. It's one thing to read about this stuff on here or elsewhere on the web, it's a total other league to turn a wrench on something under the hood. Kinda cliche to say it, but you do feel more connected with the car after you start doing your own mods.
2010 1LT/RS GCN | Roto-Fab CAI | MRT V2.0 | Defenderworx: Chrome Shifter, Polished Door Kick Plates, Polished Door Sills, Black Side Vent Inserts, Chrome Bow Ties, Chrome Cup Holder Surround| GM: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Splash Guards, Wheel Mounted Audio Control, PDIM, 4 Gauge Cluster, Footwell & Cupholder Lighting, Switchblade Silver Interior Trim Kit, Premium Floor Mats| Oracle: Aqua Blue Dome & Trunk LED's, Bright White Plate LED's | RS Chrome Valve Stem Caps | Shined by Adam's & Meguiar's
CliffjumperRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
metallia098

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy Special Edition
Definitely do it yourself. This was the 1st upgrade I ever did myself and I feel like my knowledge was similar to how you describe yours. Even if you take your time it won't take much more than an hour. Very simple.
metallia098 is offline   Reply With Quote