Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2014, 09:11 AM   #43
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
I know some of you guys are shocked at the price of these seats. But there is a lot going on in them such as the Air Bags, the Sensors and what ever else is inside of them which all cost money. Which by the way is why Recaro and GM are in Business.

I assure you trading you car in is really a silly statement as you will lose far more on a trade in then you would if you just bought the seats. Plus if you buy the new seats and your old ones are in good shape there are plenty of guys that would be interested in your stock seats as an upgrade for there car or even just a replacement for there worn out seats.

I know most of you have never built a full custom car or even a hot rod but a full custom interior in lets say a 70 Camaro can easily exceed $20,000 dollars and trust me when you start fabbing custom crap holy shit can it get crazy expensive. Trust me I had a head rest in one of my projects that cost more then these seats.

So 2,000 for a bolt in seat is a great deal and if yo have to pay a dealer to install them 1 to 2 hours of labor to swap them which would allow you to keep the warranty you would be foolish not to.

Okay sorry for the rant guys but in order to stay in business you need to make a profit or there is no reason to keep the doors open. Enough of this silly Walmart mentality that people seem to have today. Soon there won't be any work left in the US and none of us will have jobs if we keep thinking like we do.
absolutely no way I get it, its fun to modify cars but 5k to replace seats that you already have if you have 5k lying around for seats you need to save your 5k, trade your car in for a car that has the seats and use your 5k on the down payment....if you have to validate a purchase you probably shouldn't buy it......
Old 07-23-2014, 09:24 AM   #44
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA-22 View Post
absolutely no way I get it, its fun to modify cars but 5k to replace seats that you already have if you have 5k lying around for seats you need to save your 5k, trade your car in for a car that has the seats and use your 5k on the down payment....if you have to validate a purchase you probably shouldn't buy it......
?

I've had many offers from people wanting to buy my USED 1LE wheels for $3300. And I'm pretty sure their Camaro came with wheels.

2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE - 402 of 451
"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust - Recaro Sport Seats
BATMOB1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:26 AM   #45
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL575BumbleBee View Post
I wish there was a "LIKE" feature because you said it perfectly.
Thank you

"BATMOB1LE"
- Xpel Stealth Wrap - ZL1 Rockers - 18% Tint - Custom Badges - Heritage Grille - BMR 1.4" Springs - Solo Performance Axel-Back Exhaust - Recaro Sport Seats
Old 07-23-2014, 09:35 AM   #46
AKA-22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davie Dynamite View Post
?

I've had many offers from people wanting to buy my USED 1LE wheels for $3300. And I'm pretty sure their Camaro came with wheels.
maybe if i could afford a 55k car i would understand your response, "?"
Old 07-23-2014, 09:36 AM   #47
94turbolsx

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
I wanted to be pissed they were so expensive, but the pricing is really not out of line at all. If you price the original Recaro Sportster CS seat the Camaro seats are based off of, and add options for leather/suede, rails ect ect. you are approaching $2000 for a single seat. That is not heated or compatible with the factory airbags and weight sensors either. Any higher end seat is rather expensive. Since this is an optional seat, I personally think GM could have used a little higher end leather, like a semi-aniline nappa, but thats just me.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:38 AM   #48
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Quote:
maybe if i could afford a 55k car i would understand your response, "?"
If you don't understand, I'm not sure there is a point to try and reiterate what I'm saying.

"BATMOB1LE"
Old 07-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #49
AKA-22

Quote:
If you don't understand, I'm not sure there is a point to try and reiterate what I'm saying.
you should of bought a ZL1.....
Old 07-23-2014, 09:56 AM   #50
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Quote:
you should of bought a ZL1.....
Why? I don't want a ZL1.

"BATMOB1LE"
Old 07-23-2014, 10:01 AM   #51
214Chevelle

Drives: 72 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I can certainly afford them... but won't. I like the stock seats just fine.
He said if you have to ask...you didn't ask either. LOL!! Besides, things are only worth to a person what they are willing to pay for. For example, 3-piece wheels for $5k-$10k. Many would think that is stupid. But, to another car guy it makes all the sense in the world. Me personally, I didn't think the Z28 was worth $75k. I know, I know...so you don't have to say or tell me about what all you got in the car for $75k or that you couldn't build it for $75k. Me personally, I just didn't think the car warranted a $75k price tag. Not that it wasn't worth it. It's just that I couldn't see spending that much money on a Camaro. But, the other 500 guys or whatever the limited number was they made felt it was worth every, single penny because GM sold out of them.

Last edited by 214Chevelle; 07-23-2014 at 10:20 AM.
214Chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #52
AKA-22

Quote:
Why? I don't want a ZL1.

Wow!! Have a great day...
Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #53
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Quote:
Wow!! Have a great day...
I don't need all that horsepower on the street. I'm extremely happy with my 1LE.

"BATMOB1LE"
Old 07-23-2014, 10:14 AM   #54
AKA-22

Quote:
I don't need all that horsepower on the street. I'm extremely happy with my 1LE.
you dont need the recaro seats either but your going to buy those, thats my point you should of bought the ZL1 ......Trust me your going to spend the cost of a ZL1 on that 1LE, for sure...
Old 07-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #55
BATMOB1LE
• HT •

Quote:
you dont need the recaro seats either but your going to buy those, thats my point you should of bought the ZL1 ......Trust me your going to spend more money on that 1le for sure then if you just would of bought the zl1...
Everything I've done to my 1LE would have been done to a ZL1. I would have wrapped it. I would have lowered it. I'd install an aftermarket exhaust. I'd do some cosmetics. I'd do some performance.

Not one mod would be saved, other than the seats. $5k for seats or about $15k for a ZL1. Not sure how you still think that's a valid argument? You're comparing apples to oranges.

I waited to see the 14 refresh before I snapped up my 13. I knew about the seats but I didn't like the look of the car enough to get a 14 with the seats. So here is my opportunity to have my cake and eat it too.

"BATMOB1LE"
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #56
214Chevelle

Drives: 72 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94turbolsx View Post
I wanted to be pissed they were so expensive, but the pricing is really not out of line at all. If you price the original Recaro Sportster CS seat the Camaro seats are based off of, and add options for leather/suede, rails ect ect. you are approaching $2000 for a single seat. That is not heated or compatible with the factory airbags and weight sensors either. Any higher end seat is rather expensive. Since this is an optional seat, I personally think GM could have used a little higher end leather, like a semi-aniline nappa, but thats just me.

Then they would be more expensive than the $5500 price tag that everyone is crying about. Recaro has seats that are $3300 each without airbags, etc. So, factor in all of wht your saying, which I do understand and agree with, but the pair would be way over $6k instead of the $2750 each that totalling $5500. Me, I agree with the price tag. As I fully know what it costs and what it takes to be in this hobby. If I told some of you guys what I had in my 72 Chevelle below you all would swear I was certified insane. Oh, and the Chevelle has a pair of custom Recaro's in it. So, I again...I fully understand and agree with the price.
Attached Images