Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-24-2014, 12:46 AM   #1
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
Installed Monster LT1/S

Just got back from my first drive with my new Monster LT1/S twin clutch (and tick remote bleeder) what a night and day difference over the stock clutch. Its like driving a whole new car and the extra power getting to the wheels now that the clutch is not slipping makes my car a literal "Monster". A quick thanks to Chris &Steve, great product and great service!
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #2
Str8_W8
Deadlift King

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmz View Post
Just got back from my first drive with my new Monster LT1/S twin clutch (and tick remote bleeder) what a night and day difference over the stock clutch. Its like driving a whole new car and the extra power getting to the wheels now that the clutch is not slipping makes my car a literal "Monster". A quick thanks to Chris &Steve, great product and great service!
I had one installed on my 02 SS when the company first started. I loved the clutch (Stage 3) but hated the chirping noises that came from it when driving normally in 1st gear. Even "deglazing" it like they advised me to, it would still make the same noise. Do you have that problem with the twin clutch setup?
Str8_W8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #3
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmz View Post
Great to hear! Thanks for the kind words.
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #4
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Congrats! A Monster of some flavor is in my future if this darn RXT would ever give up
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_W8 View Post
I had one installed on my 02 SS when the company first started. I loved the clutch (Stage 3) but hated the chirping noises that came from it when driving normally in 1st gear. Even "deglazing" it like they advised me to, it would still make the same noise. Do you have that problem with the twin clutch setup?
So far I am only up to 110 miles of the 500 mile break in proceedure but zero issues so far.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #6
BBQdDude

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8_W8 View Post
No noise from mine and the crew at Monster rocked!
BBQdDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:30 PM   #7
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQdDude View Post
No noise from mine and the crew at Monster rocked!
Thanks BBQdDude, glad to hear!!!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 AM   #8
daveyio87

Drives: 2010 SSRS
I installed mine about a month ago and it chattered like hell when I started it up and went away after driving it for less than a mile. I have some noise in 4th gear but I do have a hurst shifter with metal bushings. But other than that i'm completely happy with this setup. So much better than the stock clutch!
daveyio87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #9
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyio87 View Post
I installed mine about a month ago and it chattered like hell when I started it up and went away after driving it for less than a mile. I have some noise in 4th gear but I do have a hurst shifter with metal bushings. But other than that i'm completely happy with this setup. So much better than the stock clutch!
The chattering that you describe is odd, feel free to give us a call if you have any concerns, but we are glad to hear everything is working for you.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #10
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
I get chatter from my LT1-SC when idling out of gear. Whenever I push the clutch pedal in, the noise stops. Along with feeling twice as heavy as my stock clutch and springier, I also feel the clutch stick a little while shifting gears about half-way through releasing the clutch pedal, about 80% of the time. It's very annoying, though it always comes back up. And yes, that stock spring was removed, as suggested. I was hoping it would get better, but after 1K miles, it still has all of these chracteristics.
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #11
Steve@SNL/Monster Clutch
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
I get chatter from my LT1-SC when idling out of gear. Whenever I push the clutch pedal in, the noise stops. Along with feeling twice as heavy as my stock clutch and springier, I also feel the clutch stick a little while shifting gears about half-way through releasing the clutch pedal, about 80% of the time. It's very annoying, though it always comes back up. And yes, that stock spring was removed, as suggested. I was hoping it would get better, but after 1K miles, it still has all of these chracteristics.
The problems you are describing are not common, give us a call so we can help trouble shoot.(817-750-2000)