Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
It's in the system to be built

I went down to my dealership yesterday to see what the status of my car would be at. I didn’t expect too much considering the order for the car was only put in a month and a half ago and was told I may not even get a car. I was also under the impression that if I did get one it would end up as 2014 model.

I was surprised to see that my order is in the system.

My salesman used a site on their internal internet system called GLOBAL CONNECT (GM based). Most of the members on here probably know of this site, but if you don’t, here’s something new to find out what the status of your build would be in (your salesman has access to this site at the dealership).

The status of my car on March 15/2013. There is no VIN or scheduled build date as of yet, but it’s at the point where changes cannot be made to the order (in system as slated to be built).

I think the supply is at the point where most of the dealerships have received their allocations for a ZL1 and now it’s opened the door for people who have put an order in for a car.

So for those of you who have ordered a car like myself, be patient and give it some time. You may get your car sooner than anticipated.
ernie scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #2
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Congratulations
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
GM Global Connect has been around for a while. It used to be called Dealer World, and it can be used for a lot of dealership backend stuff, like managing inventory and locating or ordering vehicles. It's a really useful platform if used properly.

Your wait time will go by slowly, but that first drive will be really satisfying.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote