Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-05-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
All orders after allocation?

Ok I don't want to start a war or anything negative, I know there are lots of complaint posts and allocation posts and r6p posts. My simple question is how are orders after initial allocation prioritized? I mean lets say every dealer in the US fills their original allocation lets says that was 15000(random number) cars, and all 15000 have been delivered or at least built, how does the next 5000 cars ordered get prioritized?

Edit just emailed my salesman to see what he had to say, because I think i might be one of the unlucky ones, i think i might be 31st in line with a 30 car allottment. I am keeping my fingers crossed to see what he says. They have been top notch to deal with so far. When I first ordered I wasn't on this site and didn't know about allottment.

Last edited by jpsuperman81; 06-05-2009 at 12:30 PM.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
My guess is possibly like FIFO, first in first out, but on a different level. As each dealer enters their next order into the workbench, it probably queues up in sequence behind the dealer who last entered an order. But from there it probably processes based on whatever guidelines GM has in the building process. Could be based on model, add-ons, and the like... But what do I know, just my thoughts. I am sure there are plenty of others here that might actually have some accurate information. Sorry, just a thought...
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Dealer allocation orders go first...orders after allocations wait for next batch of allocations. If dealer has 10 allocations, and you are 11, your order is in queue til the dealer gets is awarded new allocations. If dealer gets no more allocations for awhile, that is how long you sit and wait or find another dealer. This is how it was explained to me anyway.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
What about those orders that moved beyond 1100?? Does that mean the dealer has allocation?? Or at what status code do you get stuck if your dealer doesnt have allocation??
Old 06-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #5
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
If you notice, there are guys here who have been stuck at 1100 for weeks, that is because the dealers they ordered from have used their initial allocations and are waiting for the next batch...that is pretty much a limbo situation. The order has to be accepted by GM (2000-2500) to get moving in the right direction, then starts moving along once it gets to 3000...and reaaaaalllly moving at 3400, and reeeeeeeeeeallllllly reaaaaaaaaaallly moving at 3800 when VIN is assigned....from there, it is just excitement for arrival day.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
flashback1994

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs black on black
i was in same boat. i am 12 from 9 alocations. dealer got extra allocations and i was pulled last week. it all matters when your dealer gets more allocations. if your dealer was alloted 30 doesnt mean he will only get 30 all that means is what he was garannted until 3rd quarter.
flashback1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
I'm not sure but I may be in the same place as you... No worries most dealer have all their original allocations filled and accepted and are already being built and 30% of them are being delivered or already delivered... So around 2 weeks from now I think GM will be releasing new allocation batch to their dealers who still remain and the dealers who have closed have lost their allocations because they are no longer in business so I'm going to assume GM will be throwing those around as well. So two more weeks and you will start seeing a big portion on orders stuck at 1100 moving up...

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffrcobra_65 View Post
If you notice, there are guys here who have been stuck at 1100 for weeks, that is because the dealers they ordered from have used their initial allocations and are waiting for the next batch...that is pretty much a limbo situation. The order has to be accepted by GM (2000-2500) to get moving in the right direction, then starts moving along once it gets to 3000...and reaaaaalllly moving at 3400, and reeeeeeeeeeallllllly reaaaaaaaaaallly moving at 3800 when VIN is assigned....from there, it is just excitement for arrival day.
I'm asking cause I went 3000 on may 27th, I tried getting an update today but my salesman is out for vacation and the general manager is out for the day.

I was number 22 and they had 18 original allocation, (they have about 50 people on the waiting list.) then they were awarded more but I also moved along because there was people who wanted the Hurst short throw and others the high wing spoiler and decided to wait.

But does it mean that since Im at 3000, my dealer already put the order in with allocation and everything? or could I get stuck at 3000 because they dont have any?? Thats my main concern.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
flashback1994

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs black on black
3000 means you are in the system and should be pulled to be built within the month.
flashback1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #10
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
My understanding that there is no clear start and end to that early allocation guide except 3rd quarter. Dealers are given allocation on a monthly basis. That will continue unchanged. Larger dealers will continue to receive more cars than smaller. They won't issue a new guide for the next 3 months or something but will just keep giving allocation to dealers each month. It's the same system they use for all of their cars from Cobalts to Corvettes.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
kc10kevin

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
I'm not sure but I may be in the same place as you... No worries most dealer have all their original allocations filled and accepted and are already being built and 30% of them are being delivered or already delivered... So around 2 weeks from now I think GM will be releasing new allocation batch to their dealers who still remain and the dealers who have closed have lost their allocations because they are no longer in business so I'm going to assume GM will be throwing those around as well. So two more weeks and you will start seeing a big portion on orders stuck at 1100 moving up...
2 weeks is exactly what my dealer just told me. 18 June to be precise.
kc10kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstmate View Post
My guess is possibly like FIFO, first in first out, but on a different level. As each dealer enters their next order into the workbench, it probably queues up in sequence behind the dealer who last entered an order. But from there it probably processes based on whatever guidelines GM has in the building process. Could be based on model, add-ons, and the like... But what do I know, just my thoughts. I am sure there are plenty of others here that might actually have some accurate information. Sorry, just a thought...
HAHA, the accountant comes through... I believe they use Just-In-Time inventory as the cars are not built and inventoried prior to people's orders. Therefore the orders are built in the order that production is accepted.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #13
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Please -- let's not let this thing spin out of control.

A couple of answers:

If your car is past 1100-- the dealer has rec'd allocation and the car will be built.........

Not all dealers took sold orders or sold out of their allocation --however, under law, we cannot 'not' ship them their cars because they don't have sold orders -- that's unlawful.

Now -- someone wrote:

No -- that's not how it works. Each dealer gets allocation and he puts priority codes on each car - first in, first out. However, there ARE occasions when a 'constraint' will force the system to bypass one car and select another AT THAT DEALERSHIP. Good example: Before we were building Cyber Gray - there were orders on hand -- but we would have to skip over Cyber Gray and select an order in another color -

We are looking - and have been looking -- since the beginning -- at R6P orders and trying to build them ASAP WITHIN ALLOCATION.

Someone said "well -yeah! -- I'm number 7 of 10 cars and I'm still at 1100!" -- and that IS true -- and this WILL happen simply because we are not to the third quarter yet........ following along with this example - let's assume the dealer above had an allocation of 10 cars -- and he put 10 R6P orders in. Let's also assume a dealer nearby ALSO had an allocation of 10 cars -- and he only took two sold orders.......we cannot just grab ALL of the first dealer's R6P orders and not build anything for the second dealer - that's unlawful and it's not equitable.....

(the equitable word gets used a LOT in court, by the way...)

So.....all things being equal - it's likely that both dealers have had, say, 5 orders pulled -- meaning that the second dealer has had three stock cars pulled -- whereas the first dealer would have had all 5 of his pulled as sold orders.

Again: Please: Pay Attention: These rules are not something GM dreamed up......every manufacturer has to allocate cars in a fair and equitable manner and they must follow an allocation plan. If they do not, they are breaking the law and criminal charges could be -- (and have been) filed.

Isn't life great?
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:53 PM   #14
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Please -- let's not let this thing spin out of control.

A couple of answers:

If your car is past 1100-- the dealer has rec'd allocation and the car will be built.........

Not all dealers took sold orders or sold out of their allocation --however, under law, we cannot 'not' ship them their cars because they don't have sold orders -- that's unlawful.

Now -- someone wrote:

No -- that's not how it works. Each dealer gets allocation and he puts priority codes on each car - first in, first out. However, there ARE occasions when a 'constraint' will force the system to bypass one car and select another AT THAT DEALERSHIP. Good example: Before we were building Cyber Gray - there were orders on hand -- but we would have to skip over Cyber Gray and select an order in another color -

We are looking - and have been looking -- since the beginning -- at R6P orders and trying to build them ASAP WITHIN ALLOCATION.

Someone said "well -yeah! -- I'm number 7 of 10 cars and I'm still at 1100!" -- and that IS true -- and this WILL happen simply because we are not to the third quarter yet........ following along with this example - let's assume the dealer above had an allocation of 10 cars -- and he put 10 R6P orders in. Let's also assume a dealer nearby ALSO had an allocation of 10 cars -- and he only took two sold orders.......we cannot just grab ALL of the first dealer's R6P orders and not build anything for the second dealer - that's unlawful and it's not equitable.....

(the equitable word gets used a LOT in court, by the way...)

So.....all things being equal - it's likely that both dealers have had, say, 5 orders pulled -- meaning that the second dealer has had three stock cars pulled -- whereas the first dealer would have had all 5 of his pulled as sold orders.

Again: Please: Pay Attention: These rules are not something GM dreamed up......every manufacturer has to allocate cars in a fair and equitable manner and they must follow an allocation plan. If they do not, they are breaking the law and criminal charges could be -- (and have been) filed.

Isn't life great?
Fbodfather,

Thanks for your explanations, these past couple days have been the best that I think this group has understood the allocation process yet.

I guess in the end we have to understand that the dealer network and the laws connected to them are what works against GM giving you your car immediately. From what I understand GM is trying to do its best within the framework of the law to get as many R6P cars out and to owners, but as well maximize profits. Since they can't sit and wait for R6P allocations to come through they need to build others.

The dealers won these legal concessions many years ago. In the end as much as all of us are screaming "we want our cars" the dealers have a bigger voice and want the same thing (except they want the cars to sell), except they have specific laws that have given them that, which kind of trump good customer service practices. GM submits a plan according to the laws, and it is accepted, so that say dealer A can't b*tch when dealer B is getting cars earlier. It comes down to the dealers as to what they want to do with their cars. Some like scotty want to do the right thing and put them in the hands of enthusiasts, some want to get every last penny from them.

But in the eyes of the law GM has to treat both of those guys equally within an outlined plan.

I totally understand, and I hope others do too. That said, I am never pre-ordering again, its just too frustrating from the consumer side no matter how much you understand how it works. Not their fault, just the way it is.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote