Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #1
SB09

Drives: 2012 SS/RS M6 AGM
First time pulled over in the new SS.

And I got off with a warning. The officer claimed I was running 69 in a 55. Which I kind of don't believe. I was going 60 at most. The whole time I thought I was getting a ticket for sure. Before he got to the car I had insurance,chl, and dl in hand ready. The officer lacked personality, but was still courteous as was I. He then asked me when was the last time I had a ticket, to which I replied a year ago last March. He had already filled out the ticket as a citation then after a few more words were exchanged he then crossed out citation and checked the warning box. I was so relieved to as the least. He told me, " this is the only one of these I've given today so take it home and frame it." I went happily on my way. Driving at the speed limit. I never expected a warning. I think my courteousness back made the difference.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #2
Run Ricky run
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro ls
Was this on sam Rayburn?
Run Ricky run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
SB09

No, Sam Rayburn is 70 mph limit.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #4
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB09 View Post
And I got off with a warning. The officer claimed I was running 69 in a 55. Which I kind of don't believe. I was going 60 at most. The whole time I thought I was getting a ticket for sure. Before he got to the car I had insurance,chl, and dl in hand ready. The officer lacked personality, but was still courteous as was I. He then asked me when was the last time I had a ticket, to which I replied a year ago last March. He had already filled out the ticket as a citation then after a few more words were exchanged he then crossed out citation and checked the warning box. I was so relieved to as the least. He told me, " this is the only one of these I've given today so take it home and frame it." I went happily on my way. Driving at the speed limit. I never expected a warning. I think my courteousness back made the difference.
Haha that's a classic. I've used that before. Right after I gave another guy a warning
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #5
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Haha that's a classic. I've used that before. Right after I gave another guy a warning
Yea, I didn't care what kind of lecture he had to give me as long as that warning box was checked and the citation was marked out. He told me to stay clear of all the idiots racing home and asked if that car was as much fun to drive as it looked. I said yes sir and departed with relief and a grin.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #6
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Some think a CHL means you are a law abiding responsible person. If you weren't, you wouldn't have one.

But, lots of people have them these days. Maybe, the LEO just decided to give you a break.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:00 PM   #7
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
Some think a CHL means you are a law abiding responsible person. If you weren't, you wouldn't have one.

But, lots of people have them these days. Maybe, the LEO just decided to give you a break.
He just glanced at the CHL and said thanks for identifying myself the way I was supposed to. I assume he meant not having to go back to his car and find out through the system.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #8
Kiss My SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
You got lucky!...One time when I still lived in Lexington, Kentucky, I was pulled over by a state cop, I was running 80 in a 65, I thought I was getting a ticket for sure, he asked me to exit my car and had me sit in the front seat with him and we started talking about Kentucky Basketball, we talked for like 10 min, eventually he said forget it, slow down and get out of here....LOL
Kiss My SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #9
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss My SS View Post
You got lucky!...One time when I still lived in Lexington, Kentucky, I was pulled over by a state cop, I was running 80 in a 65, I thought I was getting a ticket for sure, he asked me to exit my car and had me sit in the front seat with him and we started talking about Kentucky Basketball, we talked for like 10 min, eventually he said forget it, slow down and get out of here....LOL
That's a good one. I like dealing with officers that are down to earth and treat you like you treat them, instead of having a bad outlook from the intial contact I can totally understand them getting an attitude if you give them one. I always try to give them courtesy and usually always get it back.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #10
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Yea, I didn't care what kind of lecture he had to give me as long as that warning box was checked and the citation was marked out. He told me to stay clear of all the idiots racing home and asked if that car was as much fun to drive as it looked. I said yes sir and departed with relief and a grin.
PERMAGRIN ACHIEVED
Old 06-07-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
mmartian

Drives: 2011 Camaro XM Appearance Package
Honestly I wished my only ticket was a speeding ticket! in 32 years of driving I have been pulled over 4 times twice when i was 16 (speeding, tire chirping) both warnings once in my 30s for not stopping at a blinking red light at 2 A.M (warning) and once again not stopping at a blinking red light (no other cars on the street or withing MILES) ticket.

what a lousy first ticket from a clown collecting money for a bankrupt state
mmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:09 PM   #12
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartian View Post
Honestly I wished my only ticket was a speeding ticket! in 32 years of driving I have been pulled over 4 times twice when i was 16 (speeding, tire chirping) both warnings once in my 30s for not stopping at a blinking red light at 2 A.M (warning) and once again not stopping at a blinking red light (no other cars on the street or withing MILES) ticket.

A blinking red light means stop lol. Not yield.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #13
SB09

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
PERMAGRIN ACHIEVED
You ain't jokin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmartian View Post
Honestly I wished my only ticket was a speeding ticket! in 32 years of driving I have been pulled over 4 times twice when i was 16 (speeding, tire chirping) both warnings once in my 30s for not stopping at a blinking red light at 2 A.M (warning) and once again not stopping at a blinking red light (no other cars on the street or withing MILES) ticket

Yea, that's a little petty I would think. I mean, he could've just made sure you weren't impaired and sent you on your way. But, he had a valid point to write the ticket
Old 06-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #14
Eskilachi

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Quote:
He just glanced at the CHL and said thanks for identifying myself the way I was supposed to. I assume he meant not having to go back to his car and find out through the system.
Whatīs a CHL? Sorry, never heard about that before, and googling only results in different hockey leagues
Eskilachi is offline   Reply With Quote