Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #71
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Fraxum,

There are so many factors I wouldn't sweet it. Just get some more seat time in it and see what happens. I will tell you I listen to the motor and keep one yet on the tach. I was shifting just before or as it was hitting the redline on the tach which was the money spot as I never hit the limiter. As far as skill?!? Some people can play golf, run a marathon or sink 3 pointers. I can not do any of those things with any finess or desired results. But, I can drive anything in a straight line or on a road course and lay good numbers down. Driving is my passion so I get a kick out of it.

Meltdown averted

I know it is silly but you are turning all nannies off when you launch? You are also not using the launch control correct? I will also assume you at doing a burnout until the tires smoke?
Finally, what pressure are you running?

You might have one hell of a prepped track. Next time out try to just do a dry hop or a 1 second tire spin to just clean the tires up and then give it a go and see if it bogs.

Matt
Old 08-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #72
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Forget the correction factors, they are not accurate and should never be used as a base. With your DRs if you are bogging that bad try increasing the tire pressure until you get a slight spin at launch. With your mph you should be running a 12:70s with a 1.9s 60'. In the 5th gens I found that the DRs were not worth that much of an improvement. My best pass with my stock 10-SS was 12:87, adding Nitto 555Rs got me to 12:72. Becareful as well if you try slipping the clutch to help with the bog, you will smoke it.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #73
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Will putting 305 tires on the rear of the 1LE give faster 1/4 mile times or will it just slow it down?
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:57 AM   #74
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arodr395 View Post
Will putting 305 tires on the rear of the 1LE give faster 1/4 mile times or will it just slow it down?
Catch22....

If you need the added width it will aid in traction (faster)
The OD is slightly larger (I think it is 3/4" diff in height diff) so it will reduce your gearing (slower)
It will weigh slightly more (slower)

NOW, all of the above are really negligible....

-Matt
Old 08-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #75
Arodr395

Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Catch22....

If you need the added width it will aid in traction (faster)
The OD is slightly larger (I think it is 3/4" diff in height diff) so it will reduce your gearing (slower)
It will weigh slightly more (slower)

NOW, all of the above are really negligible....

-Matt
So I'm guessing it won't give faster times? Would it just end up having the same performance on the 1/4 mile?
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #76
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Fraxum,

Meltdown averted

I know it is silly but you are turning all nannies off when you launch? You are also not using the launch control correct? I will also assume you at doing a burnout until the tires smoke?
Finally, what pressure are you running?

You might have one hell of a prepped track. Next time out try to just do a dry hop or a 1 second tire spin to just clean the tires up and then give it a go and see if it bogs.

Matt
All nannies are off, although I was trying to figure out if they were kicking in. My line lock seems to set off the "SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL" message after a good burnout, need to take the key out for one min to reset so I can't do that between burnout and staging. End of the night I tried not doing a proper burn out just a quick spin of the tires in 2nd and launching from 1000rpm took like a 100th off my 60 so may play with that a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
Forget the correction factors, they are not accurate and should never be used as a base. With your DRs if you are bogging that bad try increasing the tire pressure until you get a slight spin at launch. With your mph you should be running a 12:70s with a 1.9s 60'. In the 5th gens I found that the DRs were not worth that much of an improvement. My best pass with my stock 10-SS was 12:87, adding Nitto 555Rs got me to 12:72. Becareful as well if you try slipping the clutch to help with the bog, you will smoke it.

never thought of increasing tire pressure to get a little bit of spin I'll give that a shot.
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #77
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdownaverted View Post
Sadly I'm now bogging bad with DRs and my 60 hasn't dropped, I've upped the rpms at each launch all the way to 5500. Hooked up but bogged bad. My next night I will stay with the stock tires and see where that gets me.Attachment 539666
Attachment 539667
That is the best run I've managed with mine
Wow what elevation are you at? That corrected time is close to what a 1LE (onebad1le) ran with DRs before. Not sure I about that corrected MPH though unless you have more mods than DRs. Good run I think.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=drs
Old 08-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #78
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Fraxum,
There are so many factors I wouldn't sweat it. Just get some more seat time in it and see what happens. I will tell you I listen to the motor and keep one yet on the tach. I was shifting just before or as it was hitting the redline on the tach which was the money spot as I never hit the limiter. As far as skill?!? Some people can play golf, run a marathon or sink 3 pointers. I can not do any of those things with any finess or desired results. But, I can drive anything in a straight line or on a road course and lay good numbers down. Driving is my passion so I get a kick out of it.
Matt
Thanks for the tips and good Advice. It was interesting, at least for me to compare our runs. I did start ignoring the HUD and started looking at the tach and the new 1LE lower "redline". Has anyone from Chevy confirmed the 6250 redline idea as the ideal shifting point? I did not think an electronic tach would be so far behind the engine. I would also think this would only apply to the lower gears. Of course maybe its the drivers reaction time to the redline.

How about if this pops up on the HUD?

"Shift now stupid!"

Wanted to get more seat time, but no street T&T tonight at Atco. I need to join the NHRA. Maybe I better keep my day job.

Next week I will try out my worthless(?) fuse pull. The car does seem a bit stronger, or maybe it's my wishful thinking.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #79
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Wow what elevation are you at? That corrected time is close to what a 1LE (onebad1le) ran with DRs before. Not sure I about that corrected MPH though unless you have more mods than DRs. Good run I think.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=drs

Track elevation is around 2500 ft with DA keeping it anywhere from 3300 to 4300 as we are pretty close to the mountains here.
only other mods are a CAI and JBA Highflow cats

hoping to make a trip in the fall to Mission BC as that track is much lower elevation and it would be nice to see what I can run there.
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote