Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #253
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloppen View Post
Hey, Disciples.....you need to get that picture updated from Kevin with my face photoshopped in there. It reinforces my paranoia that you waited until I left the Proving Grounds to take that picture every time I see it................Of course, I'm totally kidding, but I committed to remind you all of this whenever I could. I'll remind you again when I join your event!
...I'll be sure to find that picture...

...and if your son has another timely soccer game, ...I guess we'll all need to go for the total photo op ...
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:37 PM   #254
dirishboy
as in Irish European

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Add facility so On-Star can be used to update Audio system software to keep up with Apple iPod and iPhone updates.

Deepen Cup holders as my coffee cup gets in the way of my stick shift

Shorten travel on Emergency Brake - Need to pull it too high to engage
Old 03-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #255
KevinK

Drives: '02 SS 345/M6 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I just wanted to poke in here again...(this is really fun to read)

You guys are doing a great job staying on topic and providing excellent feedback.
Owners -- your thoughts are extremely valued!!!
...great comment, ...and yes, ...great comments
KevinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #256
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirishboy View Post
Add facility so On-Star can be used to update Audio system software to keep up with Apple iPod and iPhone updates.

Deepen Cup holders as my coffee cup gets in the way of my stick shift

Shorten travel on Emergency Brake - Need to pull it too high to engage
^ This would be a great idea!

Also: height adjustment for passenger seat (manual for LS, power for all else)
Remote start for manuals (have it only work while the car is in neutral)
Garage door opener (on 2LT and 2SS) - Make it just a simple push, instead of having to hold it for a second or so (maybe add some little LEDs to help visibility of the buttons as well).
For the RS package: Make the halo's replace the DRLs and make the DRLs back into actual fog lights (but have the fog light color match that of the HID lights). Also, a brighter halo ring would be good.

Take a page from Scion and offer lots of performance parts and visual accessories (pedals, shifter knobs, etc) from GM at the dealerships. Some people won't care for this and will get their own stuff, but with a younger crowd possibly looking at these Camaros, this strategy could help generate added revenue, and would give the customer a greater choice of customization when they get their Camaros.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:52 PM   #257
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
^ This would be a great idea!

Also: height adjustment for passenger seat (manual for LS, power for all else)
Remote start for manuals (have it only work while the car is in neutral)
Garage door opener (on 2LT and 2SS) - Make it just a simple push, instead of having to hold it for a second or so (maybe add some little LEDs to help visibility of the buttons as well).
For the RS package: Make the halo's replace the DRLs and make the DRLs back into actual fog lights (but have the fog light color match that of the HID lights). Also, a brighter halo ring would be good.

Take a page from Scion and offer lots of performance parts and visual accessories (pedals, shifter knobs, etc) from GM at the dealerships. Some people won't care for this and will get their own stuff, but with a younger crowd possibly looking at these Camaros, this strategy could help generate added revenue, and would give the customer a greater choice of customization when they get their Camaros.
Yes please make Halo's replace DRLs.
I drive with side makers on to have Halo's on
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #258
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
Tried to read all the posts before mine so I didn't repeat. I wasn't quick enough so, I apologize for repeats.

1. Same power controls on the passenger side as the driver side front seat.
2. Some kind of rear seat push button clasp instead of the pull strap for the trunk access.
3. The seat belt connector keeps getting stuck on the rear side of the seta belt strap holder (magnetic)
4. RS package needs halos plus fogs.
5. Cigarette lighter reinforcement, front access on the console. When pushing the connector for my blackberry in this location I feel like the entire unit flexes and fear I'm going to break something.
6. Dimming passenger side mirror
7. Rear heat and cooling vents, personal request from my son.
8. More options. Give us a choice in door panels regardless of interior color, more hood options, flexible trim options, badge options.
9. More play in the telescoping wheel.
10. front proximity sensors

That's it!!

Love this car!!!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:41 AM   #259
cardsfan09

Drives: SS/RS 6M, '98 Z71 p/u
I'm noticing the same thing with chipping, mine is Red Jewel Tintcoat, what color is yours, and what colors are also having similar problems. I just wrote to Chevy tonite about this problem. My chips are on the hood and rear quarter panels, where are yours? I have avoided gravel roads, as well as driving while there is salt/sand mixter used on the roads for snow removal, but when I washed her this past weekend I found at least a dozen new chips that weren't previously there, and I have less that 4000 miles on my car.
cardsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #260
GTP>Camaro

Drives: 2005 Grand Prix GTP
I'd like to see HUD in the '11 models. If everything holds together, I plan to buy one next fall.
GTP>Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #261
wyocamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2-2007 Silverados
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan09 View Post
I'm noticing the same thing with chipping, mine is Red Jewel Tintcoat, what color is yours, and what colors are also having similar problems. I just wrote to Chevy tonite about this problem. My chips are on the hood and rear quarter panels, where are yours? I have avoided gravel roads, as well as driving while there is salt/sand mixter used on the roads for snow removal, but when I washed her this past weekend I found at least a dozen new chips that weren't previously there, and I have less that 4000 miles on my car.
Dealler accessories: clear bra on the front and clear bra by the gills-lots of folks are doing this to avoid the chips. not the paint-just a fact of the design
Old 03-03-2010, 01:49 AM   #262
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
I would like to see more useful bins to stow things like sunglasses, cell phones etc. and the interior lighting is a definite throwback to the the 60's. One light? Really? I don't mind the small elf-like visors but please put a light in them so guys won't have to listen to their girls whine about putting on lip stick in the dark. There has to be a better supplier for the dash materials used. Cheap, cheap cheap. Other than that I love the car. I love the intoxicating sound of my 2LT's V6 and I think the clutch is perfect. The gearbox isn't as clean as my TSX's, but is definitely not a problem. My suggestion for future lineup:
LS = DI I-4 2.0-2.5 L 220-260 HP DI 3.6L V6 310-320 HP.
LT = DI I-4 2.0-2.5 L 220-260 HP DI 3.6L V6 310-320 HP
RS =Turbo 3.6L V6 360- 380 HP Make it more than an appearance package. Make it a real alternative to the 370 Z and 335i and clobber them in price. BTW the RS LED tail lamps don't look or respond any different than the old school tail lamps. Why bother? Love the halos though.
SS = 6.2 liter V8 450 HP auto or stick
Z28 = SC 6.2L 560 HP

Take that Ford.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 03-03-2010 at 09:43 AM.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:00 AM   #263
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
didn't read this whole thread...sorry for repeats (but that might be a good thing cause it shows more demand?)

1. memory seats so if my wife drives it i can just hit the memory button to put it back to how i had it.
2. light in the glovebox.
3. foglights that work with the RS package (they can act as DRL's too if need be).
4. passenger seat to have the ability to move up/down.
5. move the e-brake!
6. deeper center console? can't really put much in there.
7. on the grey interior, have it have black carpets like the beige does.
8. fuel door - make it so you need a button inside to open it.
9. footwell lighting

that's all i can think of so far.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:41 AM   #264
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
didn't read this whole thread...sorry for repeats (but that might be a good thing cause it shows more demand?)

1. memory seats so if my wife drives it i can just hit the memory button to put it back to how i had it.
2. light in the glovebox.
3. foglights that work with the RS package (they can act as DRL's too if need be).
4. passenger seat to have the ability to move up/down.
5. move the e-brake!
6. deeper center console? can't really put much in there.
7. on the grey interior, have it have black carpets like the beige does.
8. fuel door - make it so you need a button inside to open it.
9. footwell lighting

that's all i can think of so far.
I knew there was something I was missing. Yeah Chevy, why are my fog lights in fact only DRLs? Feeling a bit slighted on that one.

Yeah, memory seats would be nice too. My wife doesn't drive my Camaro (her choice which is fine because she likes to curb the rims and back into things- just ask my once pristine TSX and xB) so it hasn't been an issue.

While I'm thinking about it the mirror adjustment switch is in a place that causes one to inadvertently hit the driver side window switch. I usually aim my mirrors down when backing into a parking spot or backing up period. That should be addressed by redesigning it or offering an auto mirror down mode in reverse.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:39 PM   #265
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
I have the auto down in reverse on my GMC truck and love it.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #266
rad

Drives: Ordered 1/22/10: SW 2LT/RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Hi,

I have not purchased my Camaro yet, but I test drove one. I am a designer, and I must say I think the new Camaro is the best looking car I think I have ever seen, and I strongly believe its market appeal potentially goes far, far beyond the current target market!!!!!

When I test drove the Camaro SS, its acceleration and handling blew my mind!!!! I am very excited to purchase an SS and I have the following to share with you:

1. The sun visors seemed way, way too small and flimsy.

2. Climate control is a must

3. Power folding mirrors

4. There should be a sunglass holder like in the Lexus LS 430.

5. The driver door should also have a much larger compartment like on the Lexus LS 430.

6. I thought the inside door handle was weak, and the small, cheap piece of rubber that is removable has got to go.

7. Air conditioned seats would be nice to keep you cool and dry.

8. Much bigger and wider sunroof. The sunroof is tiny like the sun visors. Take a look at the sunroof on the current BMW 6 series, which is much wider and longer.

9. I think you should have made the Camaro an open-air-coupe like on the Camaro Concept and the original 1960s Camaro. Changing this would give the car even better lines, as well as significantly improving visibility and making the car feel more like a convertible when you have the (larger) sunroof open along with all 4 windows rolled down. (As a matter of fact, I think you would be better off making a huge sunroof and open air C-pillar hardtop, than a crappy soft-top." It would also be much safer.)

10. I think the rear-view exterior mirrors should have LED turning signals on the fronts like on a Mercedes to really show oncoming traffic that you are turning, plus it gives the driver much better real-time feedback.

11. I also think the rear-view exterior mirrors should have LED puddle lamps that automagically light up as you approach the car. Once again, check out the Lexus LS 430.

12. Offer an option with powder coated brake calipers that match the color of the exterior of the car, and also offer a standard red option. This just looks high-end and cool.

13. Offer a Hard-top convertible like on the BMW 3 Series. From all the photos of the soft-top convertible it ruins the amazing lines when the top is up. Of course it is the best looking convertible ever made with the top down, but I think it should look just as good with the top up.

14. Get rid of the useless, stupid-looking hand brake!!! This is bad-retro. It should have a foot pedal, or even better, and automagic version.

15. I have to agree, that I think your designers got carried away with making the roof-line a little too low. I think if you raised it an inch or two it would not detract from the beautiful geometry.

On a final note, I want to emphasize I believe one of the most overlooked markets for the Camaro is ironically a more luxury focused buyer. I am going from the Lexus LS 430 to the Camaro and I am used to more attention to detail.

Don't get me wrong, because I think the Camaro is miraculous, I just think there is room for improvement in small details that matter. An example in my mind, is the lamo, tiny Flinstones sunroof in the current Camaro. Make it high-tech Jetson's.

I cannot emphasize how important I think these details are.

For whatever it is worth, after test-driving the new Camaro, the first thought I had, was that I have never been so proud to be an American. I was shocked and still am that I think the coolest, best designed car is the new Camaro. The car just took my breath away, but I noticed some of the details left a great deal to be desired.

I think GM should take more of an Apple Computer approach to design. Make the Camaro so there is zero design compromise. Make is totally state of the art while maintaining the amazing lines and muscle.

I think most people would be willing to pay more money for a better car that they know they are going to be happy with for longer. Once again, like an Apple Computer. I think Americans and international consumers desire more and are willing to pay for it. The Camaro is already such an amazing value proposition, build in more value and people will gladly pay for it.

I think what you do with the Camaro in the next major revision will be the ultimate character defining moment for GM. Don't compromise on ANYTHING. Just look at the detail on a 1959 Cadillac if you want to see what American design and manufacturing can do, then study a 1981 Cadillac Cimarron and see where GM went to hell.

Make the Camaro perfect. The football is on the 5 yard-line, score this touchdown and win the Superbowl of car design with the Camaro!!!!!!!!!

Also, I read every post in this thread, and I was extremely impressed with the feedback from forum members. I was also impressed at how few and consistent the design detail requests were. This is a very good sign!!!

Now go smoke the Mercedes SL, BMW 3 and 6 series convertibles as well as the 911 convertible with the new Camaro convertible!!!!! You are in the lead–keep it!!!!!!
rad is offline   Reply With Quote