Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-31-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Yet another rattle ....... from center console

A new rattle has begun. I think its under the center console. Shifter area to be exact I think. Kind of disappointed cause I just found and quieted the last one. Its probably the heat shield again under the car. That thing cant seem to make up its mind what it wants to do.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I'd sure like to hear a little more about this one and the heat shield one. I've got one that popped up this weekend. Basically when the car shakes a little, at start up but not revving, and then across any bump, it sounds like it's coming from the passenger side and down. Weird
Old 05-31-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SilverStreak View Post
A new rattle has begun. I think its under the center console. Shifter area to be exact I think. Kind of disappointed cause I just found and quieted the last one. Its probably the heat shield again under the car. That thing cant seem to make up its mind what it wants to do.
Hello 05SilverStreak,

Sorry you've noticed another rattle somewhere in your vehicle. Are you considering taking your vehicle to a dealership for diagnosis? If so, I can help set that appointment up for you and monitor the progress. To do so, I will need some information from you. In the meantime, could you private message me your VIN and current mileage. I will look into this issue further.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
rsvk20

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, Imperial Blue Metallic
Rattle

Sounds like its the tunnel brace. I know with mine it was making the exact same sound you're speaking of. I had to get an aftermarket brace to resolve the issue. Ever since I put new brace in, no more rattle.
rsvk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
I have one under the drivers side seat, especially over speed bumps, it's not hitting just some looseness somewhere?!?!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
Wasp

Drives: 2011 Camaro Victory Red 2SS/RS
I had this problem. Bent my heat shield corners away from the floor pans and no more rattle
Old 05-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
05SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello 05SilverStreak,

Sorry you've noticed another rattle somewhere in your vehicle. Are you considering taking your vehicle to a dealership for diagnosis? If so, I can help set that appointment up for you and monitor the progress. To do so, I will need some information from you. In the meantime, could you private message me your VIN and current mileage. I will look into this issue further.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
With all due respect sir, and thank you for posting in my thread, but no. I am not a big fan of dealer service. I am what you would call a "middle of the road" mechanic as far as knowledge and ability. So there is no way my car is goung to disappear for a week for them just to tell me "it didnt do it when we tested it", or find another problem totally "by chance", that they will deem my fault and try to charge me thousands. I did try to take it in once for the MAF sensor being weak, information I learned on here, and they looked at me so puzzled and confused that it scared me. He did ask me if I could leave the car there for three days. I informed him that I already did the testing and if he could just swap me my MAF for a new one he had I would do the work. Of course he said no so.....you know. I did not buy extended warranty and my car has 40,000 on it now. So again, thank you.

Last edited by 05SilverStreak; 05-31-2013 at 03:18 PM.
05SilverStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
05SilverStreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasp View Post
I had this problem. Bent my heat shield corners away from the floor pans and no more rattle
Thank you Wasp! I do need to "modify" my heat shield and drop the exhuast on the aftermarket hangers that came with the setup.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #9
05SilverStreak

Found it!!! There is a very small what looks to be like a transmission breather tube that comes down on the passenger side of the exhaust and bolts on to the under pan of the car. It came loose, (it is on like a 3/8 nut) and rested on the exhaust tube---metal to metal. Bolted it back up and no more rattle.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #10
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
With the amount of plastic and shit in these cars,they're bound to get a rattle at some point.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
With all due respect sir, and thank you for posting in my thread, but no. I am not a big fan of dealer service. I am what you would call a "middle of the road" mechanic as far as knowledge and ability. So there is no way my car is goung to disappear for a week for them just to tell me "it didnt do it when we tested it", or find another problem totally "by chance", that they will deem my fault and try to charge me thousands. I did try to take it in once for the MAF sensor being weak, information I learned on here, and they looked at me so puzzled and confused that it scared me. He did ask me if I could leave the car there for three days. I informed him that I already did the testing and if he could just swap me my MAF for a new one he had I would do the work. Of course he said no so.....you know. I did not buy extended warranty and my car has 40,000 on it now. So again, thank you.
Hello again 05SilverStreak,

I understand your decision and respect your ability to service your own vehicle. If there is any information or assistance I could give in the future, please do reach out to me and I exhaust my resources.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 11-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #12
05SilverStreak

Quote:

I understand your decision and respect your ability to service your own vehicle. If there is any information or assistance I could give in the future, please do reach out to me and I exhaust my resources.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Ya......right......
Old 11-09-2013, 05:54 AM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Quote:
Ya......right......
Streak - I understand your animosity toward dealer service departments but, don't shoot the messenger. Reggie is just doing his/her job by offering to help you with your issue. That's what CC reps do.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote