Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #295
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
Yes I know they have been selling seats for the aftermarket for years, but it is a small niche market and they are not the only seat company that does. From a business stand point it is better to have seats installed at the factory and have more sales, than wait for people to buy them as an aftermarket product. That is how I was taking that statement about not selling the seat without a car. I don't know which take on it is correct, but I am hoping my take is because I would like to have the factory version in my car. For me, I would have done the option to get them if they were available at the time. I won't buy a pure race seat since my car is a DD and I don't run autoX or road course often enough to justify the cost or hassle of changing the seat out every time. I would spend the money on the factory version and sell my stock ones if I can get them.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #296
Whos_Drivin

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1, '16 Silverado Z71
For whatever it's worth I thought I remember reading fbodfather post that they would be available to retro fit, but they'd be pricey. I'm patiently waiting for that to happen, but at this rate I may have to start searching for some aftermarket Recardos with ZL-Uno logos...

2016 Silverado LTZ-Z71 Midnight Edition: 6.2L, 8 speed auto, Borla exhaust
Whos_Drivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #297
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
In this thread...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285385
...fbodfather said this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
I'm told by our engineering group that yes, you can retro-fit the Recaros -- they have the airbags and sensors in them......but it isn't an inexpensive proposition.
If you want to take that to mean that you have to buy the whole car to get them, then be my guest.

You can't buy the seats from Recaro... but you will be able to buy them from GM when they make them available through the parts catalog. I've heard various sensible reasons that they aren't yet, but I've no doubt that they'll be available... and super expensive like fbodfather said.

I'm pretty sure that danvillekid interpreted it right.
If Recaro sells GM only the seats that they physically put in the cars, what happens when something in the seat breaks and GM has to cover it under warranty? They aren't going to put standard seats back in, that's for sure.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #298
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
In this thread...
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285385
...fbodfather said this:

If you want to take that to mean that you have to buy the whole car to get them, then be my guest.

You can't buy the seats from Recaro... but you will be able to buy them from GM when they make them available through the parts catalog. I've heard various sensible reasons that they aren't yet, but I've no doubt that they'll be available... and super expensive like fbodfather said.

I'm pretty sure that danvillekid interpreted it right.
If Recaro sells GM only the seats that they physically put in the cars, what happens when something in the seat breaks and GM has to cover it under warranty? They aren't going to put standard seats back in, that's for sure.
They'll replace the whole seat. Just like they do with almost everything else.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:06 PM   #299
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Exactly.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #300
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Exactly.
Yep, and it will a one for one exchange, if you don't send in the original Recaro you don't get a new Recaro back.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #301
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Yep, and it will a one for one exchange, if you don't send in the original Recaro you don't get a new Recaro back.
I would have thought that the Recaros would have been made available over the GM parts coiner by now.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:31 AM   #302
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
I wouldn't have thought so, look how long it took before the OEM black rims became available. Well over a year after they were first put in the cars. If you go by that we have another 6-8 months before they would be available that way.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:26 PM   #303
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
So what you are saying is they will be available for a year six months from now.. and then the 6th gen comes out and poof! gone.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:54 AM   #304
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexZr2 View Post
So what you are saying is they will be available for a year six months from now.. and then the 6th gen comes out and poof! gone.
No, re-read my post.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #305
G Money

Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2016 Denali HD
I just received a call from the parts department at my dealer and he tells me he can now order the full seat assembly but they are very high....2500 per seat. He says he can get the price down on a group buy.....Part #s Driver seat 23120238 and Pass seat 23120246. I would be interested in a group purchase if we can get the price down. Can anyone confirm this with a dealer they know?
Old 01-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #306
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
I just received a call from the parts department at my dealer and he tells me he can now order the full seat assembly but they are very high....2500 per seat. He says he can get the price down on a group buy.....Part #s Driver seat 23120238 and Pass seat 23120246. I would be interested in a group purchase if we can get the price down. Can anyone confirm this with a dealer they know?
So $5,000 plus shipping. Interesting. This for the powered seats?

Old 01-08-2014, 03:38 PM   #307
G Money

Quote:
So $5,000 plus shipping. Interesting. This for the powered seats?

Yes they are power seats....According to the dealer.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:50 PM   #308
G Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
Yes they are power seats....According to the dealer.
Dealer just told me a group purchase would bring the price down to 2050.00 per seat.....RPO Code AMM 6 way power- RPO Code AYZ the Recaro seat itself.....Still high but the look and feel so good !