Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-18-2006, 02:27 PM   #15
yourbassist

Drives: '96 Intrepid
I do see more women driving mustangs where I live but I also see less Camaros so it's somewhat hard to judge. I can think of 3 women off the top of my head with z28 4th gens (late).

Pontiac got rid of the GTO and is getting rid of the Grand Prix. Sounds like a strange move considering how many Grand Prix you see around. The word is they're trying to move more into compact cars and then have a few RWD V8s. The idea might be to bring back the GTO and Grand Prix as one car? A 4- door with a big V8...you know an Impala :p

If you actually have the MT issue, turn a few pages and look at the new BMW (335i I believe) then look back at this...strikingly similar.

Last edited by yourbassist; 09-18-2006 at 02:34 PM. Reason: add picture
yourbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:44 PM   #16
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
i posted this before from the gminsidenews.com. they said there will be no gto in 07 but ........ big but, they are going to bring it back in 08 redesigned in old gto styling. so yes they are stoping it, but it is only to redesign it for 08 about when they plan on bringing the camaro out (or before)
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #17
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
that's all I've ever heard. not that it was dead. he's claiming it's dead. it isn't dead it's being redesigned. sheesh that boy needs to be smacked.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:54 AM   #18
Al Robinson
RACKM

Drives: 2001 Mazda MilleniaS
There are several other points that were not mentioned.
1. The active fuel management system if offered will make the V8 VERY appealing.
2. The convertible will definitely appeal to women. Perfect example, the Chrysler sebring for several years was the most popular convertible.
3. The Camaro will be bought by a significant number of older drivers. If today you went from a Mustang Cobra SVT, to a Corvette, your insurance would go down (that is what my boss just did).
Al Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:49 AM   #19
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Robinson View Post
There are several other points that were not mentioned.
1. The active fuel management system if offered will make the V8 VERY appealing.
2. The convertible will definitely appeal to women. Perfect example, the Chrysler sebring for several years was the most popular convertible.
3. The Camaro will be bought by a significant number of older drivers. If today you went from a Mustang Cobra SVT, to a Corvette, your insurance would go down (that is what my boss just did).
Great points Al.

My sister, who's always owned Mustangs, and currently drive's a 'vert GT, has always liked the styling of the '69 Camaro, and seeing a recent photoshop of a 'vert 5th Gen., commented that she'd be interested in owning a Camaro 'vert.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #20
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Eric Peters is a Chode and he I hope he chokes and dies on tofu cakes while driving his Jetta to Yoga class!
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:19 AM   #21
BlacLac02
Banned

Drives: 2002 Cadillac Escalade & STS
Send a message via AIM to BlacLac02
haha
BlacLac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:16 AM   #22
ibfromoakcali

Drives: 96z28 (98 conversion)
I love this thread. I had soo much to say to kill that article off completely and the i read bassists reply. Completly killed him. Gto's powerful but homely. Loved the coment about the classy girl (got one myself). One thing though, for some reason there are alot of girls who drive mustangs (must be because a v6 stang is cheap enough to make them feel like they actually got something). Camaros will kill.
ibfromoakcali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #23
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Eric Peters is a Chode....

..... I haven't heard that phrase in so long. Man I am getting old......
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:04 PM   #24
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
When you(I mean us) glance upon this guy's article, one's first impression is that okay he is a journalist. He has to mention the good with the bad. Objectivity is supposed to be the name of the game. But then, you(I mean us) read another line, and another, and another, then it hits you. He's not a journalist, just a JERK! Sorry for my french. First of all, the most appealing thing about this new Camaro is its zeal! This car screams to those whoever sought appeal in old school, retro, fast cars will come to appreciate the new Camaro when it hits the streets. Ford enthusiasts(including my best friend who almost convinced my to buy a 'Stang in '04) are intimidated by the influence this car will have to its perspective buyers. He posts these proposterous numbers in his column to what, make us cringe? maybe change out minds about getting behind the wheel of this masterpiece? Wow, good way to use the algebraic numbers pal. The reason the GTO failed, in my opinion, is basically beacuse of the look. It had a monster engine and sound to it, but the look was not enthusiastic of the conventional american muscle car look. It sounded like a "goat" but looked like a sheep. Anyway, my hands are getting tired. This Camaro is going to have people trading in their 2007 'stangs to become like us, ANXIOUS!
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:43 PM   #25
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyseth1 View Post
When you(I mean us) glance upon this guy's article, one's first impression is that okay he is a journalist. He has to mention the good with the bad. Objectivity is supposed to be the name of the game. But then, you(I mean us) read another line, and another, and another, then it hits you. He's not a journalist, just a JERK! Sorry for my french. First of all, the most appealing thing about this new Camaro is its zeal! This car screams to those whoever sought appeal in old school, retro, fast cars will come to appreciate the new Camaro when it hits the streets. Ford enthusiasts(including my best friend who almost convinced my to buy a 'Stang in '04) are intimidated by the influence this car will have to its perspective buyers. He posts these proposterous numbers in his column to what, make us cringe? maybe change out minds about getting behind the wheel of this masterpiece? Wow, good way to use the algebraic numbers pal. The reason the GTO failed, in my opinion, is basically beacuse of the look. It had a monster engine and sound to it, but the look was not enthusiastic of the conventional american muscle car look. It sounded like a "goat" but looked like a sheep. Anyway, my hands are getting tired. This Camaro is going to have people trading in their 2007 'stangs to become like us, ANXIOUS!
good post.... can't agree more.

I also can not wait for this car.... each day that goes by I want it MORE....
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #26
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
I think that the camaro will have more than enough potiential to make it work and be a good car
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 12:07 AM   #27
official_style

Drives: 2005 ford mustang GT
that author is a mo-ron. new camaro is hot, and if they get it out soon, it will sell big time. ill take a black one!

official_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #28
my99gmcss
in love with the camaro

Drives: 99 gmc sonoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by official_style View Post
that author is a mo-ron. new camaro is hot, and if they get it out soon, it will sell big time. ill take a black one!
may i ask why your in a chevy forum with a mustang on your page :slice:
my99gmcss is offline   Reply With Quote