Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
joeysSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
My friends rock!

For years I hauled my friends and their bikes and all kinds of crap all over the place. Well now I have my "little" SS and poor little thing just can't haul that crap anymore so I finally get to be the one that gets a ride! They know I won't take my car to a tight parking lot and unless they are willing to hoof it a ways they always say "I'll drive so you don't have to park your car in that bad lot." I'm loving it. I do have some great friends and really happy they "get it" cause a lot of people don't!

joeysSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS

thats awesome!!! My friends r very careful w my car and know that my baby doesnt go to certain places so they offer to drive!! But if its a good place, they request to go in the camaro even tho my gf's get a lil upset when I'd rather work on mh car then go shopping, they get it for the most part!!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Cool stories guys. My friends get it, but don't care for it lol.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Sounds like my kind of people. Cool Story.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
My friends roll their eyes but try to be careful. I was going to go take some pics of the car and my bff rode along and we got to the spot and while I took pics, she collected leaves. She came back to get her purse out of the Camaro and when she got out, her purse brushed the paint which caused her to reach out with her hand and start to rub the spot her purse brushed...
Meanwhile I'm just willing her to STOP, and telling her "Don't... NO... STOP... STOP!!! and she started to stop, and then started to reach out to rub again - about 3 times and each time I'm going STOP... STOP... NO... It was ludicrously funny but just an example.
Same gal (love her!!) I loaned my pickup to, she was moving stuff across the road from one house to another, I figured she couldn't mess it up much. She cranked the wheel before she cleared the carport upright and bashed in my fender. When I got the Camaro, she asked if she could drive it. I said "NO". She wheedled "just let me back it out of the carport..." I just gave her a very Pointed Look. She says "that's a no?"

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:08 AM   #6
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Lol!! My friends dont even ask to drive my SS. Heck I cant even get my bf to drive it but he finally confessed that he didnt want to get jealous Funny story about my 5 yr old daughter. She got her backpack outta the trunk and accidently touched the bumper w the strap. She kept saying "Im so sorry mommy..Im so sorry" I felt so bad :( I told her just to b careful but at the end of the day its just a car. Poor thing, she was so upset.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #7
destroyerofu2
xbox360 tag

Drives: 2010 inferno orange 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Lol!! My friends dont even ask to drive my SS. Heck I cant even get my bf to drive it but he finally confessed that he didnt want to get jealous Funny story about my 5 yr old daughter. She got her backpack outta the trunk and accidently touched the bumper w the strap. She kept saying "Im so sorry mommy..Im so sorry" I felt so bad :( I told her just to b careful but at the end of the day its just a car. Poor thing, she was so upset.

my boy (19years old) rebuilt an 1980's Nissan 340Z motor (he spun a crank bearing)
It took him a while so when we reinstalled the motor in the car, the battery was dead. I pulled my camaro into the garage and hooked up the jumpers, he asked If i was sure i wanted to use my car. I said its just a car (he knows its my baby) (I only had it for 4 months). Well, we jumped his car, and it wouldn't start. so he starts taking the jumpers off. he took the ones on his car off first(the proper way), and while holding the cable in his hand so it wouldn't ground out, started to remove the ones off the camaro. As he got them off, he dropped the pos cable clamp onto my front bumper. he just froze (grown boy freezing in fear). . . . . . . . . OH $hit, . . . . . just hearing the sound, I gave him the "your dead to me" look, and he ran inside. . . . . . .

I looked at the bumper and yes it scrached the paint (but you cant see it unless you know what and where to look). but at the end of the day, it was inevitable that it is going to get scraches and such on it. (already got a door ding month after i had it from some stupid person that parked next to me when i parked out in BFE)

As I walked in side he was yelling he's coming to kill me, dont let him kill me.

I told him it is just a car and it is not a big deal (he was clinging to the wife). I said "yes I'm mad and pissed but it is not your fault I should have known better". To this day he has yet to drive my car after that happened (over a year ago), any time he asks all I do is point to the bumper. and he knows the answer.
It's mine, like it or not. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108079
destroyerofu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroyerofu2 View Post
As I walked in side he was yelling he's coming to kill me, dont let him kill me.
OMG this part killed me!!

thats hilarious!! Reminds me of my 40 yr old bro that shot a firework into my folks pool and blew a baseball size hole thru it. He kept repeating "omg dad is gonna kill me..dont tell him..omg omg what am I gonna do" Im laughing my a$$ off cuz he just knew my dad was gonna kill him..Even at 40 I guess u still fear ur parents, lmao!!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #9
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
My buddies that I've known since highschool know how I am. They knew early on when I had my 65 LeMans back in highschool. Someone I didn't know was leaning against it. Before I could say anything, one of my buddies says, hey, don't lean on his car, you'll scratch it. He then went on to explain about the rivits in jeans and all. I thought then, wow, they ARE listening to me.

Last edited by colemanvoice; 10-28-2011 at 01:55 PM.
colemanvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 12:58 PM   #10
mdub76

Drives: 2010 2ss/RS IOM GFX M6
i let all my friends drive if they want to. its a car it supposed to be fun to play with
mdub76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #11
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
Interesting, no one ever asks me to drive my Camaro. I guess I have trained them well!

ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
clav1n

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS M6
Awesome stories, it definitely seems like we're on the same wavelength with our cars.

My friends are usually pretty understanding, oftentimes they park next to me way out back without me asking just protect my car from door dings.

My GF is also learning, for example she now closes the passenger door as gently as she can after I complained about how heavy the doors are and how they seem to slam shut every time.
clav1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #13
Hot Tamales

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Everybody that rides with me knows if we're taking the Camaro out somewhere I'm parking in those corner spots that are NEVER used. I always apologize in advance but they just give me that "you're crazy" look and tell me they understand. Hell, some of them even look for good far away places for me to park!
Old 10-29-2011, 05:16 AM   #14
CAPT D

Drives: 1SS Black w/ White Strips M6
My friends dont ask me to drive mainly because this car lacks a back seat. That awesome that your friends understand your connection with your car.
CAPT D is offline   Reply With Quote