Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-12-2011, 09:26 PM   #337
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Thanks to Imjaybird's design, I got a new bracket. Now mines level. I also got the edmp plug as well.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #338
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Thanks to Imjaybird's design, I got a new bracket. Now mines level. I also got the edmp plug as well.
Looks good! Did you make the bracket yourself or get someone local to make it for you?
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #339
Imjaybird

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Looks Great! That was fast! I plan on doing the heater hose mod you did soon.
$IMJAYBIRD$
Imjaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:25 PM   #340
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
Looks good! Did you make the bracket yourself or get someone local to make it for you?
No....someone else made it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imjaybird View Post
Looks Great! That was fast! I plan on doing the heater hose mod you did soon.
LOL....didn't end up doing anything last night so I figured WTH and put it on in about 15 min.

The Heater Hose is an easy job and worth doing IMO. I've had a couple people that spent the money on the more expensive version say they wish they would've just gone the cheap rubber hose route because the hard line one makes it hard to deal with the spark plugs.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #341
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
Does anyone happen to know the size of the wide band spring clamp needed for the nib on the brake reservoir if you use the EDPM cap?

According to mcmaster carr it says to "When choosing a wide-band spring clamp, measure the outer diameter of your hose or tube with the fitting installed. "

I would like to use one of these to keep the stock appearance.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #342
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
3/8 cap and napa sells them 2 for 3.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moriartii View Post
Does anyone happen to know the size of the wide band spring clamp needed for the nib on the brake reservoir if you use the EDPM cap?

According to mcmaster carr it says to "When choosing a wide-band spring clamp, measure the outer diameter of your hose or tube with the fitting installed. "

I would like to use one of these to keep the stock appearance.

Cheers
K
Here you go.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #343
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by flht99b View Post
Got around to flushing the clutch hydraulic system today so that the entire clutch system would be nothing but the ATE Super Blue Racing DOT4 fluid I'm using. Chevrolet sure made bleeding the clutch a bit of a challenge although with a small, short 8mm wrench and an air fed vacuum brake bleeder it wasn't all that bad. I didn't notice any change in the clutch feel or actuation after the fluid change and bleeding but at least both my brakes and clutch systems are all fresh DOT4 now. Installed MTI SS brake lines and Hawk HPS pads along with a complete flush of the brake system today. The pads and SS lines are a definite improvement, well worth the $$ and effort.
Ed M.
I forgot to ask, how much fluid did you use? Looking to buy some and dont want to order too much.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:21 PM   #344
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
I forgot to ask, how much fluid did you use? Looking to buy some and dont want to order too much.
I just completed my mod. Used a full pint, between the brakes and the clutch.
Well maybe not quite a full bottle. But close!
I'll be taking it to the dealer to have the bleed line installed and have both the brakes and clutch systems flushed.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #345
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Has anyone put any type of heat insulation wrap around the clutch hyd line? Just wondering if there is an easy way to reduce header heat soak into that line. Or would that be a bad idea and just keep heat in the line?
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:49 PM   #346
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I told the Service Manager about the brake fluid be the color of Iced tea after 8800 miles. He asked me if there was a TSB on the clutch. So he looked it up and found nothing. I'm going to take the old fluid in when I get the brakes flushed. Maybe he can pass it up the food chain. But, not likely.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #347
obe1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 IOM, 1995 Blown Z28
I've been following this thread with great interest. For those that have been running the GTO reservoir for months, do you believe it has enough capacity? How often are you finding that you need to swap fluid in the "GTO" reservoir? I really like the fact that you're no longer contaminating the brake system with clutch dust but I'm concerned about having a sticky clutch issue due to the small volume of clutch fluid.
2019 Corvette Grand Sport
obe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #348
Nomad

Drives: '11 2SS/RS RJT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by obe1 View Post
I've been following this thread with great interest. For those that have been running the GTO reservoir for months, do you believe it has enough capacity? How often are you finding that you need to swap fluid in the "GTO" reservoir? I really like the fact that you're no longer contaminating the brake system with clutch dust but I'm concerned about having a sticky clutch issue due to the small volume of clutch fluid.
I keep an eye on it whenever I pop the hood. I'm changing it ~4.5K miles. It's a darker red when I change it. I'm also finding black specks in the reservoir. The GTO reservoir seems plenty big for me but I don't race my Camaro.
Vararam CAI, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Separate Clutch Fluid Reservoir, Ghost Armor Full Protection Package, Chromed Turn Signal Bulbs, RPI Stealth Splash Guards, Skip Shift Eliminator, Defenderworx Chrome Bowtie Inserts, Pfadt Trailing Arms, Camaro Decal Store CGM Hood Spears with "376ci" custom text, Billet Depot/Drake Underhood Polished Caps, CGM Lug Nut Decals, Pedders Front Radius Rod Inserts, JacFab Front License Plate Bracket
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 PM   #349
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
LOOOOOOL.. i would ask for a working transmission before I consider that.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #350
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by obe1 View Post
I've had mine on for a little while now. No issues at all. Clutch has be working great. I've never had it stick on me yet. I've been to the race track at least 2 if not 3 times and usually get 6 - 8 runs in each time. I just went a last weekend and got the best ET and 60' time so far.

This mod is a no brainer for the M6. I can't believe GM didn't make it that way in first place and I'm also suprised that more people aren't doing this. I would've thought it would be a top of the list mod especially for how cheap it is.

IMO....pretty much everyone with an M6 should be doing this. It's not even a permenant thing. If for whatever reason it didn't work out for you it can be put back to in less than 10 min.
Build Journal