Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM   #15
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Welcome to the "Oklahoma Chevy Dealer Misled Me" group. My story about my attempted Camaro purchase was posted earlier in the general forum. What is up with these Oklahoma Dealers? GM needs to be paying attention...GM in Oklahoma is in TROUBLE!!

Sorry to hear of your troubles!

Last edited by GaryTucker; 09-08-2009 at 08:49 PM. Reason: more info
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #16
OuSoonersGirl
I need a V-1 BAD!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
So after being told by my dealer that they had allocation, I have now been told that they do not. I ordered in late June, was given an eta of late Sept., and was still at 1100 yesterday. I was also told they have 3 Camaros ordered there and mine was #1. Now they tell me they "don't have allocation and usually don't get one - the car will be considered a priority because it's already sold."

Uh, yeah, mine and everyone else's.

I like to consider myself a patient, easygoing person, but I'm...what was the word used in Gladiator? Vexed. I, ladies and gentlemen, am vexed.

My questions to you: What would you do? Would you go elsewhere? Will I be able to get my $1000 deposit back? And if I stick w/ this dealer, how long will it be to get it if they -don't- have allocation?
Yes I would go somewhere else. I did with my situation. I ordered from a dealer in Blanchard, OK and I had to go somewhere else because they lied to me about my allocation too. In fact its still sitting at 1100 (and I originally ordered June 20). I am getting mine from Austin, TX now. I bet if you go somewhere else across the Red River too, you will probably get yours quicker. It wouldn't hurt to try. Did they tell you your deposit was refundable?
OuSoonersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:19 PM   #17
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Do what I did..find another dealer with allocation. You will be glad that you did.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycicada View Post
You're not terribly far from Eric at Classic Chevrolet in Dallas. Definitely call him!! He gets from me and is very well known on these forums and is Scotty approved!
Thank You kind Sir
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #19
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Ordering a black automatic 2SS, in OK, ordering from dealer in Hugo OK.

My parents ordered their Cadillac from this dealer and raved about them. I honestly don't think they're being dishonest so much as they're just uninformed. The salesman actually told me (the female customer, gotta love it) I "seemed to know more about it than they did."

...talk about instilling buyer confidence.
There has been a giant learning curve on this whole process. Never before in the history of the world have we had the level of access we had on this order. All of us even knew what train car it was on! We watched the railyard from satellite. I talked to one of the guys that built my car, and one who painted it. When we got our car, one of the salesmanagers pulled me aside and asked how we did all that! We all learned together on this one!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #20
DS1937
DS1937

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
How can you tell if your dealer really has an allocation or not. My guess is they are going to tell you they do no matter what anyway! Can it be checked out? Camaro Scotty, what is the real truth?
DS1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #21
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
There has been a giant learning curve on this whole process.
I'd like to learn when I can get this car!

So, does anyone know when a dealer can expect to take delivery if they DON'T have allocation? What am I looking at here? I've already contacted a few dealers here on this forum, and am looking at more..
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #22
sstx

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Basically, 1100 means your dealer has entered your order and there it sits until it is accepted by GM which is code 2000. The time between these codes vary greatly depending on how many allocations the dealer gets per week. Some dealers take deposits on "open allocations" only which is why those orders (like mine) go immediately from 1100 to 2000. Other dealers take orders/deposits on allocations they expect or anticipate to get over the future weeks and months to come. That varies based on a number of factors that have to do with your dealer and there dealings with GM. Sales, inventory, types of cars sold, competing like car models being sold in your area are some of the factors that affect this. These dealers sometimes refuse to tell you their allocation information. In my opinion, they want to hide information from you and you should take you business elsewhere. Most trustworthy dealers understand how informed we are as buyers and provide this information in order to gain our business. You can be the judge.

Bottom line, get your dealer to inform you of how many allocations they get on average per week and how far down you are on the list. This will give you a better idea. Once you go to 2000, it can vary from 39 days to 8 weeks before you actually get to pick up your car. At least those are the parameters I've seen on multiple posts in the various threads.
sstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:36 PM   #23
smoothoperator

Drives: Future 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to smoothoperator
If you are near MD and want a 1SS IBM let me know brand new for MSRP I was just laid off and will not be able to afford it.
3100 -
3300 -
3400 -
3800 -
4200 -
5000/6000 -
smoothoperator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #24
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuSoonersGirl View Post
Yes I would go somewhere else. I did with my situation. I ordered from a dealer in Blanchard, OK and I had to go somewhere else because they lied to me about my allocation too. In fact its still sitting at 1100 (and I originally ordered June 20). I am getting mine from Austin, TX now. I bet if you go somewhere else across the Red River too, you will probably get yours quicker. It wouldn't hurt to try. Did they tell you your deposit was refundable?

Ha! forced across the Red River to get one from the ENEMIES' dealerships....

it's ok we can share!
Old 09-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #25
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Ordering a black automatic 2SS, in OK, ordering from dealer in Hugo OK.

My parents ordered their Cadillac from this dealer and raved about them. I honestly don't think they're being dishonest so much as they're just uninformed. The salesman actually told me (the female customer, gotta love it) I "seemed to know more about it than they did."

...talk about instilling buyer confidence.
That bugged me too! I know they were trying to be nice, like "hey, we respect that you know a lot about this car," but really it just made me think I would have to watch over everything like a hawk because they wouldn't know enough to handle things on their own. The order turned out fine, but now I'm running into the problem again because none of them know about the updated software GM's come up with for MP3's.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #26
OddJob

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Femme, how often did you contact your dealer after placing your order?

I ordered in August. I don't want to bug my salesman, but I also haven't heard from him either. I'll probably contact him on Thursday and ask where I'm at (I know I'm still at 1100) on the list and about the allocations.
OddJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #27
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJob View Post
I ordered in August. I don't want to bug my salesman, but I also haven't heard from him either. I'll probably contact him on Thursday and ask where I'm at (I know I'm still at 1100) on the list and about the allocations.
Weekly. He said there would be no problem giving my deposit back, though. I'm currently in talks w/ the lovely Becky from Rodgers Chevy in MI, from right here on our forum.
CamaroFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:00 PM   #28
MagsSS

Drives: 2SS RS Camaro
Get a new dealer!
MagsSS is offline   Reply With Quote