Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 AM   #29
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
The hardest part of doing it on the ground is that it's a bit awkward. When I first did mine, I actually ended up removing too many screws! I am going to email you a picture showing exactly which screws need to come off the belly pan to separate the fascia from the car. There will also still be 2 screws each side behind the tires that hold on the brake ducts, but that should be all that is different on the ZL1 from the video. For the rest of the instructions, follow the video exactly. And make sure you have the long Torx bit!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #30
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
I hear ya, actually I'm sending the kit back for a refund. Too difficult so for now its going back on my "wish list". It's definitely the look I'm chasing after. That lighting setup with the Noweeds, Perfect, exactly what I want the car to be. The Noweeds will go in as soon as we get some free time, which seems to be getting more and more difficult.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #31
Normagene

NOWEEDS! Had my husband take her to a custom exhaust shop to do the install. Didn't want to put it on jackstands or buy/build a ramp. Plus the more I thought about it, I thought what if it just doesn't happen to go like clockwork. What then, stuck in my driveway without the proper tools or parts. Wouldn't you know that's exactly what happened. What should of been less than an hour on the lift turned into three plus hours. They let me go under the lift and mark/tape the cut lines as well as mark the one hole that has to be drilled. They made the first cut and undid the cat clamp, but when they tried to fit the diverter, no go. It was hitting the factory bolt on the trans brace, first picture below. I went and took a look, thought about cutting more of the pipe to move the diverter a little bit more forward or back, and that wasn't going to work either. Then I remembered someone saying that they had to grind down one of the trans brace bolts. So once they did just that it fit like a glove. Passenger side went in perfectly. No problems whatsoever!

They stuffed all the wiring into the hole and tied everything up nice and neat underneath. Then drove home removed the drivers seat, the center console trim and fished out the wires. Pretty much plug and play from there, tapped into the seat harness for power and reinstalled the seat. Pushed the button and heard the actuators open, pressed the close button and heard click, yes I said CLICK, no movement just a Click. Called Steve at Noweeds, who was Outstanding, and he helped me trouble shoot the problem. Put my meter on it and the ground was shorting somewhere. Took about an hour to do all the wiring part, but still had a short somewhere. So the next morning removed the seat again, and sure enough that was it, the seat pinched the ground wire, so I stuffed the wires far away from the mounting brace, reinstalled the seat and pushed the button. Yes sir! All was well! Started her up, Holy Crap is she loud, preset the center button so its just a fraction open, still sounds great but definitely won't get me pulled over by the lawman. Wide open is crazy loud! Fun Fun Fun. And I love that I can just press a button and be right back to the factory sound.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 08-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #32
gregbzl1

Drives: 2022 ZL1-VIVID ORANGE-A10-CARBON FI
How about a video so we can hear the difference! I have been thinking of this for my ZL1.
gregbzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #33
jbotta

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Dam normagene, Your not playing around,,, Lets get a vid how your z sounds now.
jbotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #34
Normagene

Definitely going to put a video together. I'll do all three positions, stock, about 20% Open, that's my preset setting, and Wide Open. I want to get my husband in his truck out on the hi-way side by side, at nite, and then I'll put it to the floor. I want my husband to see if he can see Flames coming out underneath! Seriously! If I sit in the drivers seat with the door open and I reach my hand outside below the plastic black trim and rev the car up a few times, you bet, the exhaust is hitting my hand and its Hot! OMG I Love that Popping Sound!!! Plus More Horsepower! How Cool Is That!!!

Old 08-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
bbadbob69

Drives: 2013 ashen gray zl1
Are those c.f. gills? Can you tell me where you got them. That's what I been lookin for. Thanks!
bbadbob69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #36
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Can't wait to hear this!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:24 AM   #37
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by swizlstik View Post
Can't wait to hear this!
+1! I am looking forward to a video!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:47 PM   #38
Normagene

Second Oil Change today. 5,237 miles, first oil change was at 896 miles. So around 4,300 miles on her since the last time. Also checked out the Dimple Magnetic Drain Plug that I installed last oil change. A few tiny little metal flakes, but really clean. I actually expected it to look much worst, with all kinds of shavings, but it looked really good. Then I opened the drain on my Catch Can which was only installed back on July 13th, so maybe at most I'd say 500 miles ago. For some reason I forgot to write/log the mileage when I did the install. Anyway, not one drop of oil. Seriously, NOT ONE DROP CAME OUT. The drain hose still looks brand new. Checked all the connections and everything looks perfect. I guess 500 miles is not enough miles.

p.s. still trying to get that Noweeds video together. They sure loved the sound at the dealership.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #39
Normagene

Okay, I tried to make a quick video. Stock/Pre-set/Wide Open. But I think I accidentally did Stock/Wide Open and then Pre-set. Then of course my sneaky sneaky husband tried to get me, the Mad Woman behind the wheel on video after I made sure and explicitly said don't video me! Men, you can't trust any of them, oh well I'll try,to get a better one, maybe from inside the car!

http://youtu.be/ssSSurd3-X4

Last edited by Normagene; 08-29-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: No video link
Old 08-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #40
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Okay, I tried to make a quick video. Stock/Pre-set/Wide Open. But I think I accidentally did Stock/Wide Open and then Pre-set. Then of course my sneaky sneaky husband tried to get me, the Mad Woman behind the wheel on video after I made sure and explicitly said don't video me! Men, you can't trust any of them, oh well I'll try,to get a better one, maybe from inside the car!

http://youtu.be/ssSSurd3-X4

The link is not working... it says the video was removed......

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #41
Normagene

Let me try this one more time. http://youtu.be/DcUbI_1HEG4

Old 08-28-2013, 08:51 PM   #42
Normagene

Oh my God, didn't realize just how corny it is until I just watched here. Too late now... The wide open was actually the Pre-set, about 20% open, near the end, my mistake. So take it easy on me, that's the first and only video I've ever done. Sounded like a good idea in my head, but reality is a whole nother thing!