Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-08-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
Sirius / XM Is Ridiculous

So like twenty minutes ago I get this random phone call from Sirius / XM.... And let's start this off I don't care if any of you say we'll their suppose to do that and their just doing their job.

Well he calls me and goes

"This is Colin Gordon correct?"

I say "Yes who is this?"

"(I forgot his name something with a J) but I'm with Sirius / XM how do you like our Camaro with Sirius / XM"

I said "I like it" then he asked me my favorite channels and now I'm getting annoyed because I'm already in a rush for work and I just say can you please take me off your calling list.... He goes "it will take 7-10 days to do so"

This got me so mad because I know they just say that so you forget and they can call you again "so I just said you take me off your list right now and if I get another call from any of you I'm calling your manager" he just shut up and said ok sir your off the list

Lol it just pisses me off when companies call you and act like they care about your opinion and if you stay on the line long enough they try to get more money out of you.... Plus I have heard other people on C5 say Sirius / XM has like harassed them with phones calls and that's a big reason I made sure I made my point that I DO NOT want to get anymore calls lol
Old 11-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
well the dealer sent your information to them, so IMO blame the dealer..

I had the same thing happen a few times and I politely told the XM rep I am not using the free trial so no chance I will pay for it in the future..

Then I called my dealer sales rep and requested he update their system to have my email and phone number removed.. Now I have a good relationship with him so it may or may not work for you..

He just put in a generic 555-555-5555 number and a noone@noone.com email address and it updated their records so now I get no calls.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
If you think it is bad with them now, see what happens if you sign up. It will snow in Havana before they get you cancelled, and if you were foolish enough to give them a credit card for payment, months will go by before you get them stopped. They just don't answer the cancellation phone number...ever.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #4
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I had Sirrus for a few years in my Lincoln & just cancelled about 6 weeks ago. Took about 15 minutes, and turning down 2 discount offers, but haven't had a problem since. Same thing when I sold my last Lexus that had XM. Maybe because I bought a year at a time??

Cancelling is a bit of a pain (did it a few times to get better deals), but I must be lucky because I was a customer for a combined 8 years or so w/ XM & Sirrus and never once did I get a phone call.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
I have 3 accounts with them and am pretty happy. Im kinda pissed right now because they withdrew the yearly rate today, and it over drafted my account, and I didnt even get a reminder email or call. Thats a pretty chincy mode of business if you ask me. If youre going to deduct $300+ from someones account, a heads up would be great!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #6
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Yeah they did the same thing to me. No reminder and dinged my bank account for $100 a few days ago. I called them and chewed them out and kept saying I wanted to cancel but she kept arguing with me in broken English about how I need to keep my service and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise about canceling it. I eventually got so sick of it I hung up. I'm glad my credit card expires before the next time they do that to me.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #7
justinxxvii

Drives: Car
d

Last edited by justinxxvii; 08-26-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: delete
justinxxvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Yeah they did the same thing to me. No reminder and dinged my bank account for $100 a few days ago. I called them and chewed them out and kept saying I wanted to cancel but she kept arguing with me in broken English about how I need to keep my service and wouldn't let me get a word in edgewise about canceling it. I eventually got so sick of it I hung up. I'm glad my credit card expires before the next time they do that to me.
Everything I've ever gotten from Sirius has verbiage to the effect that they're going ot autobill your CC at expiration. Why would they remind you? I let mine lapse a few weeks ago because they wouldn't give me the cheap rate and let me manage it online. They got me once over the phone a couple years ago, and they won't get me again.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
Seriously, don't depend on Sirius/XM to stop just because your card expired. They won't stop there, they will bill you, cancelled card or not. If you don't pay them, they will remit your "account" to collections. Call them back and cancel, then remove all your information. Email, credit cards, bank info, phone number.

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:44 PM   #10
colingordon
Her Name is Mila

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT A6, 2014 Camaro 1LS
I'm not to worried if they call me again because I was being serious I will call their manager and I would get free Sirius / XM I am just going to put it pretty simple to their manager.... I said don't call me back, you guys did so either you give me Sirius / XM or I won't renew my thing and you will lose my business and my money and ill be sure to make sure everyone I know doesn't get use Sirius / XM either.... I could probably could a free year that way.... It's not like I didn't ask them to remove me from their list, if they call me again its harassment because I asked them to remove me
Old 11-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #11
Wolverine1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 CGM
Send a message via ICQ to Wolverine1
I have had 3+ XM radios for over ten years and have enjoyed every minute.
I can listen to the same radio shows everywhere I go. I have never had a problem with their cost or service. You get what you pay for!
Wolverine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:58 PM   #12
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
We get so much junk mail from Sirius, it's insane.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #13
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
They are relentless at calling. I didn't care for it, found it just as repetitive as local radio so why would I pay for it?? They would call 3 times a day until i finally answered. I told them I wasn't interested and to remove me from their call list. I'm sure they'll call again within the next few weeks. They don't have my cc info. Now onstar randomly called me while driving as my trial period ends next month. I have used it once and found the navigation annoying. When I first set up, they asked for my cc info for the phone. Why would I use the onstar phone when I have my own? Was told I'd better hope I was never in an area without phone coverage and have something happen. Pushy salespeople won't win me over.
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #14
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I have received 0 calls in the 2+ years I've had the service.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote