Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
climber

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Bluetooth Music Streaming Disconnecting

I have a HTC Thunderbolt running VZW newest firmware (Gingerbread) and I have a 2012 Camaro LT.

My Camaro has the PDIM module and I can successfully pair my phone as a media connection (aka music streaming, pandora, etc..) and as a phone. The buttons all work for dialing, and the next/prev buttons work great even over music bluetooth on controlling the tracks. My issue is maintaining the music connection.

Half the reason I went with the LT was to have pandora streaming on my commute to work. The phone never drops calls and has amazing quality when it is music streaming but as soon as a phone call comes in (or if i make one), and I answer when I switch back to the AUX it defaults to the AUX port not bluetooth and now I can't listen to bluetooth audio till I pull over and re-pair it (you get the "This feature is not available while car is in motion..." message when you try to pair while driving)

At first I though it was an incoming call thing, but I paused the music once to talk to a friend and sure enough after about a minute the car decided it had been silent to long and switch to XM radio. I tried going back to AUX to relisten to my bluetooth streaming and sure enough it was back at the AUX port only and I needed to stop the car again.

PLEASE HELP it is a real nuisance! Thank you!

Last edited by climber; 02-27-2012 at 11:32 PM.
climber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Mine drops, too. It's not your phone. BUT! you dont need to re-pair. when you're on the aux input, push the menu/select, and choose bluetooth, and you can re-select your device.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
climber

Thanks for your response, but sadly that doesn't work for me. Once I re-select it using the menu you mentioned I just get "Connection Unsuccessful".

Anybody have any other ideas? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #4
Toasty

Have you had your pdim replaced yet?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:48 PM   #5
climber

No the car is 13 days old. Should i have them check it out?
Old 02-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
Toasty

13 days? Should be the newest module, but may want to check- plug something in aux port- Ipod or flash drive, put radio on aux, hold menu/select until the display shows hw & sw version.

Tags
andriod, bluetooth, gm music connect, htc, streaming