Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #1
Edsudec

Drives: 2012 1LT, IBM W/RS Package
Thumbs up Torque converter replaced

I would like to put in a good word for Sunnyside Chevrolet Service Dept. Elyria, OH. I took my 2012 Camaro A6 in for the dreaded torque converter problem I have been reading on this site, I explained the problem to the service manager ( Jerry ), and within one hour they confirmed the problem. Told me that they would order the converter and it would be in the next day. I brought the car in and 7 hours later it was done, they replaced the converter, cleaned transmission, new filter, fluid. They also told me they upgraded my drive shaft bolts since they discovered a service bulliten that stated if drive shaft is removed, that the bolts should be replaced. Thx for the great service.

Ed Sudec
Edsudec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsudec View Post
I would like to put in a good word for Sunnyside Chevrolet Service Dept. Elyria, OH. I took my 2012 Camaro A6 in for the dreaded torque converter problem I have been reading on this site, I explained the problem to the service manager ( Jerry ), and within one hour they confirmed the problem. Told me that they would order the converter and it would be in the next day. I brought the car in and 7 hours later it was done, they replaced the converter, cleaned transmission, new filter, fluid. They also told me they upgraded my drive shaft bolts since they discovered a service bulliten that stated if drive shaft is removed, that the bolts should be replaced. Thx for the great service.

Ed Sudec
Awesome story,

Thanks so much for posting your dealership experience. I am glad to know that your concern was inspected and addressed accordingly. Please let me know if you have any other concerns moving forward. We're here to assist as much as we can.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
That does sound good - glad all is well...
I didnt know there was a problem with the converters though hmm
Old 06-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
omgitsmikeyC

Drives: 2014 CTS-V- totalled/ 45TH ss- SOLD
I just looked it up as well, how severe of a shudder are we talking? Like a slight vibration into the steering wheel and gas peddle, or like the brakes are grabbing or going over small road texture shudder? I may have a similar issue if the first.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #5
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
Wasn't aware this was a known problem. Glad it worked out!
Old 06-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Send a message via AIM to All Star
Shuddering? I might wanna get this checked out.

All Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
Edsudec

To all this is a problem that is specific to 2012 Camaro v6 automatic, the shuddering I experience was felt between 45-55 mph at approx 1500 rpm light throttle you could feel a shudder that felt like I was going over rumble strips, attached is chevrolets document concerning this problem,,, I got this heads up about 6 months ago from members on this forum, the problem started about a month ago.

Ed Sudec
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Mine's been doing it for about half my car's life...never knew it was a common problem.

Back to the dealer on Saturday...looks like it is time for surgery. Anyone know how long the process takes of repair?

Old 06-20-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
Edsudec

In an out in 7 hours, they may have to order the torque converter, my dealer had it overnighted. I brought it in at 8am, done by 4pm.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #10
All Star
I'm an Engineer

Time to have some fun with a courtesy car I guess. I can't get there 'till the end of the day Saturday.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by All Star View Post
Shuddering? I might wanna get this checked out.
To All Star and anyone else,

Please let me know if you'd like me to monitor the diagnosis on your behalf. I would also be more than happy to research any recalls possibly related to this concern that might apply to your vehicle. We're here to assist, so feel free to drop a PM anytime!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #12
Joed

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS Victory Red
Had the same problem with my 2012 and the conveter was replaced. But the mechanic forgot to add trans. fluid to fill it up. After about 500 mile I noticed a hard shifting and a feel of shifting into drive when starting to drive off at a stop sign. Was not happy about that.
Joed is offline   Reply With Quote