Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #99
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
As you wish:

We had our BBK meet today in Temecula and I said I'd let you know what I found out about the 95mm TB so here ya go.

The 95mm AND 102mm TB's will be available in OCTOBER. I was told the date, but it was 107 and my brain lost that little detail. I believe it was the 2-3 week of October.

I know it's been a while, but they are done and will be going out to retailers very very soon. BBK has been working through a huge remodel inside their manufacturing plant, which is what had caused the delay. Well, it is over and production is ramping up.

The exhaust systems and CAI's are built across the street so those parts were not effected by the construction. It wasn't just the Camaro's TB's that were put on the back burner during the construction, so stay tuned for more info coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds awesome. Thanks for the update. I can't wait.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #100
JDV500

Drives: 2012 SS, M6, White.
Ordered the BBK 95mm throttle body off their website with the preorder code last night, i'll post back when it's installed.
JDV500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #101
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
I'd get a baseline before an install though too bud. Will it need tuning? Pics and measurements would be cool too lol just saying.
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #102
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDV500 View Post
Ordered the BBK 95mm throttle body off their website with the preorder code last night, i'll post back when it's installed.
Keep us posted bud!! BBK throttle body's are good stuff! I've had one on my C1500 for about 4 or 5 yrs! Never run so good until I put it on ! Thanks!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #103
JDV500

Drives: 2012 SS, M6, White.
the tech support dept of bbk tells me its a plug and play part, no additional tuning required. Your thoughts.? i want my new ride to be reliable down the road.
JDV500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #104
The Blue Ox

Drives: 2010 SS L99 Inferno Orange
Quote:
the tech support dept of bbk tells me its a plug and play part, no additional tuning required. Your thoughts.? i want my new ride to be reliable down the road.
My BBK Throttle Body worked a lot better than my OEM did! IMHO you can't go wrong with a BBK Throttle Body!
The Blue Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #105
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS

Let us know bud.....

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #106
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by litle88 View Post
I'd get a baseline before an install though too bud. Will it need tuning? Pics and measurements would be cool too lol just saying.
Every advertisement i've seen of it says it doesn't need tuning. Now that it's FINALLY coming out, we'll see.

Quote:
Plug and play AFTER you switch everything over. It doesn't come with all the electronics. You have to move yours over.

When you install it, please check the size of the TB opening vs the intake manifold opening. I haven't had mine off to see if the IM opening is bigger than the TB. If they are the same size, a bigger TB shouldn't do much.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.

Last edited by axis; 11-13-2012 at 08:26 AM.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #107
2010summit

Drives: 2010 RS/SS 2
Has anybody been able to get a bbk throttle body. I ordered one through wild vettes, then cancelled the order after 45 days with no timeline for a delivery. Ordered a vmaxx should get it in a few weeks.
2010summit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #108
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Good move.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:08 AM   #109
scott&keyla

Drives: 2010 ss(scott) 2011 rs(keyla)
Well I just went thru two 95mm bbk throttle body's. First one made my car ideal real low at start up and when my clutch is in. Also at road speed it had a surge. Called and they sent me a new one. Same thing!! Went and had the low ideal tuned up but still had a surge at road speed. Could definitely tell a difference in throttle response on the road and at the track. Did I pick up at track? Nope. Started surging real bad after 3rd pass. Oh yeah and I did replace the mass air flow sensor after the first one. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix the surging problem? Would love to put it back on the car. But can't daily drive with that surging.
Old 03-07-2014, 06:17 AM   #110
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott&keyla View Post
Well I just went thru two 95mm bbk throttle body's. First one made my car ideal real low at start up and when my clutch is in. Also at road speed it had a surge. Called and they sent me a new one. Same thing!! Went and had the low ideal tuned up but still had a surge at road speed. Could definitely tell a difference in throttle response on the road and at the track. Did I pick up at track? Nope. Started surging real bad after 3rd pass. Oh yeah and I did replace the mass air flow sensor after the first one. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to fix the surging problem? Would love to put it back on the car. But can't daily drive with that surging.
sometimes...sometimes you need to relearn your computer this has happened to me after cleaning one let along changing sizes...in fact i am super surprised that this doesn't happen more often based on how our GEN4/E-38 PCM works

check this thread out i was scratching my head for over a week after cleaning one and i had all the same symptoms as you did...i used the scanner/relearn feature on my HPTuners scanner to fix it but i believe Snap-On's Modis will do it if not the dealer. there is also a DIY thread on how to relearn your TB manually yet in the below thread you can see that even method that does not require a scan tool is a fail from time to time

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...e+Body+relearn
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 10:46 AM   #111
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
VMAX... FTW!!!
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #112
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott&keyla View Post
If you look in the other BBK TB thread, you'll notice that there's a lip that is highly suspicious for causing tuning issues. It could easily cause surging as well. If you're the handy type, you might consider porting the intake mouth to match the TB.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote