Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
dunker

Drives: gen ll camaro
REPRODUCTION REAR QUARTER PANELS OER vs AMD,GOODMARK

Which brands are the closet match to factory body panels ?
dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
GrnMchin
Not easy being Green

Drives: 67 Nova SS
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/tec...quarter_panel/
Old 09-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
cruiser

Drives: 1967 Camaro
I used an AMD panel on my 67, it took 2 before I got one that fit correctly but it still has issues in the 1/4 window area that don't match the original and the rear where it meets up with the rear body panel took some work and slightly different than the original. You have to look very closely to this. The 1/4 window if you look at one side my original panel and then the AMD is glaringly different.

With that said. If it's in your budget and your looking for the best possible fit and match to original buy some NOS sheet metal. Problem is trying to find it and the next problem is the people selling fake NOS stuff so beware and research if you go this route.

My 67 is not a factory restoration so the little things were not going to be an issue and the price was good. I do know they are there and it does bother me at times but I am good the overall quality and thickness of the AMD panel.

The over all quality as delivered from a body work side was ok. After fitting the panel to the 67 it took a few hours to get it straight, I was surprised of all the blocking and filling required to to get the high and low spots corrected. Again not a big deal but I guess I was dreaming it would be weld on, do a little work, prime and spray.....LOL!!
cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote