Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #43
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
On the street, the XA's are a lot of fun. You can set the height where you want them. Playing with the dampening, hard/soft - 30 positions, is a bonus. Set them hard when you want to play. set them soft when you have a date.

The XA's are made for aggressive street driving. You would love them compared to the stock setup. They are like having really good sex, and leaving you extremely satisfied, wanting more of what they offer.

The supercar shocks are like having an orgy. They will please you to no end. You just can't get enough...
Dan,

Can I quote you on this?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #44
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Hey now! If it wasn't for my thread, the signature would've probably never been made! I deserve sommmmme credit. haha

So basically would I notice the difference between the Xa's and Supercar's during aggressive street use (not track use)?
Old 02-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #45
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
Hey now! If it wasn't for my thread, the signature would've probably never been made! I deserve sommmmme credit. haha

So basically would I notice the difference between the Xa's and Supercar's during aggressive street use (not track use)?
No you would feel it all the time. We found the ideal setup to be:

Supercar Track Damper Settings from Full Soft
Front Bound 18
Front Rebound 16
Rear Bound 23
Rear Rebound 16

I use these on the street and the track because I love how light and precise the 4183 pound 5th Gen feels. For daily driving with ridiculous comfort you can use these settings.

Front Bound 8
Front Rebound 6
Rear Bound 10
Rear Rebound 5

Set for the street, our clients report that the ride quality is better than OE. Dan has had both Xa and Supercar coilovers. I don't think that any of our clients that have had both would ever go back to Xas. That is difficult for me to write becuase the Xa coilovers are an excellant product that our clients love on thier 5th Gen, GTO, G8, HHR, Cobalt, G6, Solstice, Sky, mustang, challenger, charger, magnum and 300C.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #46
StlRomAniaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
No you would feel it all the time. We found the ideal setup to be:

Supercar Track Damper Settings from Full Soft
Front Bound 18
Front Rebound 16
Rear Bound 23
Rear Rebound 16

I use these on the street and the track because I love how light and precise the 4183 pound 5th Gen feels. For daily driving with ridiculous comfort you can use these settings.

Front Bound 8
Front Rebound 6
Rear Bound 10
Rear Rebound 5

Set for the street, our clients report that the ride quality is better than OE. Dan has had both Xa and Supercar coilovers. I don't think that any of our clients that have had both would ever go back to Xas. That is difficult for me to write becuase the Xa coilovers are an excellant product that our clients love on thier 5th Gen, GTO, G8, HHR, Cobalt, G6, Solstice, Sky, mustang, challenger, charger, magnum and 300C.
Grr, I don't have the money for them. :( The Supercar's that is.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #47
StlRomAniaN

PM me a good price. Possibly a good package with the sway bars too so I can compare.

You never know, you might be able to get me to jump on it.

Possibly a few packages: some with the Xa's and some with the Supercar's for comparison.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #48
JusticePete

Quote:
PM me a good price. Possibly a good package with the sway bars too so I can compare.

You never know, you might be able to get me to jump on it.

Possibly a few packages: some with the Xa's and some with the Supercar's for comparison.
No need for PMs. Pedders prices are consistent throughout our Dealer network. Two packages stand out.

1. Street Xa: Xa coilovers, Full Alignment Bolt Kit, EP1200 Sub-frame and EP6578 Radius Bush Inserts Retail for just under $2,000

2. Supercar Street: Supercar coilovers, Full Alignment Bolt Kit, EP1200 Sub-frame and EP6578 Radius Bush Inserts Retail for just under $3,900

3. Solution B 27mm front and rear stab bars along with high efficiency front and rear endlinks. These are just over $600

We package the parts for optimal function. Coilovers, lowering coils, stickier tires, even a CAI all function better when the foundational elements of the vehicle have been upgraded. On the 5th Gen that means sub-frame and radius bushes.

I suggest you install your Street Xa or Supercar Street and live with it for a while. If you still want sways, we can add them later with no duplication of labor.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #49
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Dan,

Can I quote you on this?

Be my guest... LOL
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #50
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Grr, I don't have the money for them. :( The Supercar's that is.

you can always upgrade later to the supercar's.

I sold the XA's in 5 minutes on the C5 forum - had 3 people interested rather quickly.
I had them at a decent asking price as they were used. Had I known they were going to go so quickly, I would have sold them for more $$$. I was happy to give a fellow forum member a deal.

I was extremely happy with the XA's, and didn't think the ride would get any better.. til i tried my car with supercar shocks.

I do race my car - a lot - so it was a no brainer to upgrade for me.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #51
StlRomAniaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
you can always upgrade later to the supercar's.

I sold the XA's in 5 minutes on the C5 forum - had 3 people interested rather quickly.
I had them at a decent asking price as they were used. Had I known they were going to go so quickly, I would have sold them for more $$$. I was happy to give a fellow forum member a deal.

I was extremely happy with the XA's, and didn't think the ride would get any better.. til i tried my car with supercar shocks.

I do race my car - a lot - so it was a no brainer to upgrade for me.
You guys are killing me. lol Talking me into the supercar's. I always go for the best and it seems like this will be no different.

Quote:
No need for PMs. Pedders prices are consistent throughout our Dealer network. Two packages stand out.

1. Street Xa: Xa coilovers, Full Alignment Bolt Kit, EP1200 Sub-frame and EP6578 Radius Bush Inserts Retail for just under $2,000

2. Supercar Street: Supercar coilovers, Full Alignment Bolt Kit, EP1200 Sub-frame and EP6578 Radius Bush Inserts Retail for just under $3,900

3. Solution B 27mm front and rear stab bars along with high efficiency front and rear endlinks. These are just over $600

We package the parts for optimal function. Coilovers, lowering coils, stickier tires, even a CAI all function better when the foundational elements of the vehicle have been upgraded. On the 5th Gen that means sub-frame and radius bushes.

I suggest you install your Street Xa or Supercar Street and live with it for a while. If you still want sways, we can add them later with no duplication of labor.
That's exactly what I'll do. Buy whichever coilovers for now and live with them for awhile.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #52
JusticePete

Quote:
You guys are killing me. lol Talking me into the supercar's. I always go for the best and it seems like this will be no different.

That's exactly what I'll do. Buy whichever coilovers for now and live with them for awhile.
Thank you for placing your trust in Pedders. We appreciate your business. Welcome to the PEDDERS NATION!
Old 02-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #53
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
I'm going to try and keep my this the short version of my story, the long version will be released soon with pics and the whole 9.

My car is one of the very first Zeta vehicles to get any suspension work done to it (maybe the first, since i stole the first set of shocks and springs right out of Petes hands (Sorry Pete))

At any rate our first suspension we had on the car was similar to the street II of today.
Ride was slightly stiffer than stock and the car remained very comfortable, with a noticeable improvement in control and predictability. Very nice daily driver, however leaving a bit on the table when it came to my trips to the road coarse, auto cross, canyons , and 160+ mph runs .

Next came the XA's and the rest of the bushings "Track II". I now had a car that could do all of the things i had mentioned above. In short I could dial it in for nearly any condition. I drove the car like this for at least 2 years with no real complaints.

Then we came out with the super car coil overs, and I asked my self why, but for the utmost of die hards. I figured I was good with my XA's.

A week after there release we installed our first set onto a C5, and for the short amount of time i got to drive the car I was thoroughly impressed with what we were able to accomplish from a strreetability / handling standpoint all at the same time.

Trying to keep a very long story short. My Christmas present to myself was Super car coilvers. Now I havn't had a change to properly ring them out (track or canyon time), and those that know me, know that I don't say anything good or bad about anything until I've personally put it through its paces.

But holy shit these things are sweet, and worth every penny. I can confidently say these are all around a better shock in ways that are hard to explain. The weird thing is the level of comfort I get out of them, for the past month or so the car has just gotten me to work and back, at times in a very brisk manner . I would say I've got the handling of my XA's but with the comfort of my street II setup.

As soon as the weather gets nice I'm gona spend a lot more time at the local road coarses and canyons, and write my full review.

BTW: I've got these in stock (on my shelf and ready to ship). and don't hesitate to call or email us with any questions, I'm not shy in saying no one has more time over all in a Zeta car than we do.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #54
StlRomAniaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaddadMotorsports View Post
I'm going to try and keep my this the short version of my story, the long version will be released soon with pics and the whole 9.

My car is one of the very first Zeta vehicles to get any suspension work done to it (maybe the first, since i stole the first set of shocks and springs right out of Petes hands (Sorry Pete))

At any rate our first suspension we had on the car was similar to the street II of today.
Ride was slightly stiffer than stock and the car remained very comfortable, with a noticeable improvement in control and predictability. Very nice daily driver, however leaving a bit on the table when it came to my trips to the road coarse, auto cross, canyons , and 160+ mph runs .

Next came the XA's and the rest of the bushings "Track II". I now had a car that could do all of the things i had mentioned above. In short I could dial it in for nearly any condition. I drove the car like this for at least 2 years with no real complaints.

Then we came out with the super car coil overs, and I asked my self why, but for the utmost of die hards. I figured I was good with my XA's.

A week after there release we installed our first set onto a C5, and for the short amount of time i got to drive the car I was thoroughly impressed with what we were able to accomplish from a strreetability / handling standpoint all at the same time.

Trying to keep a very long story short. My Christmas present to myself was Super car coilvers. Now I havn't had a change to properly ring them out (track or canyon time), and those that know me, know that I don't say anything good or bad about anything until I've personally put it through its paces.

But holy shit these things are sweet, and worth every penny. I can confidently say these are all around a better shock in ways that are hard to explain. The weird thing is the level of comfort I get out of them, for the past month or so the car has just gotten me to work and back, at times in a very brisk manner . I would say I've got the handling of my XA's but with the comfort of my street II setup.

As soon as the weather gets nice I'm gona spend a lot more time at the local road coarses and canyons, and write my full review.

BTW: I've got these in stock (on my shelf and ready to ship). and don't hesitate to call or email us with any questions, I'm not shy in saying no one has more time over all in a Zeta car than we do.

Thanks
Mike Haddad
Sounds great, thanks for the write-up. I'm sure the Xa's are great, but now I'm wanting the Supercar's. Only bad thing is that I have $1,500 not $3xxx. :(
Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #55
JusticePete

Quote:
Sounds great, thanks for the write-up. I'm sure the Xa's are great, but now I'm wanting the Supercar's. Only bad thing is that I have $1,500 not $3xxx. :(
I have been thinking about this. Pedders is the ONLY suspension company that has a complete 5th Gen solution for just a bit more than the $1,500 you have already saved.

A Pedders Street Xa Kit.
Xa Coilovers
Sub-Frame Bush Inserts
Radius Bush Inserts
Full Cadmium Plated Alignment Bolt Set

This is hands down the best dollar for dollar value you can find for your 5th Gen. Rear-end-step-out corrected with the sub-frame inserts. Unwanted castor changes from the fluid filled OE radius bushes -- snubbed with the radius bush inserts. Set any height you want and maintain the ride quality with the Xa coilovers that adjust height by screwing into or out of the clevis. Pre-load the coils precisely because the spring seats are not used for height adjustment. Add castor or castor bias with cadmium plated alignment bolts. Make front camber adjustment easy with cadmium plated camber screws using the OE threaded hole in the knuckle. Extend the range of rear camber adjustment with Pedders MADE in the USA alignment bolt kit. Adjust damping to suit your driving style with 30 positive clicks of the Xa adjusters.

Pedders delivers best-of-class value every day along with the industry best SPM rating.

Smiles
Per
Mile
Old 02-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #56
StlRomAniaN

Quote:
I have been thinking about this. Pedders is the ONLY suspension company that has a complete 5th Gen solution for just a bit more than the $1,500 you have already saved.

A Pedders Street Xa Kit.
Xa Coilovers
Sub-Frame Bush Inserts
Radius Bush Inserts
Full Cadmium Plated Alignment Bolt Set

This is hands down the best dollar for dollar value you can find for your 5th Gen. Rear-end-step-out corrected with the sub-frame inserts. Unwanted castor changes from the fluid filled OE radius bushes -- snubbed with the radius bush inserts. Set any height you want and maintain the ride quality with the Xa coilovers that adjust height by screwing into or out of the clevis. Pre-load the coils precisely because the spring seats are not used for height adjustment. Add castor or castor bias with cadmium plated alignment bolts. Make front camber adjustment easy with cadmium plated camber screws using the OE threaded hole in the knuckle. Extend the range of rear camber adjustment with Pedders MADE in the USA alignment bolt kit. Adjust damping to suit your driving style with 30 positive clicks of the Xa adjusters.

Pedders delivers best-of-class value every day along with the industry best SPM rating.

Smiles
Per
Mile
Sway bars are a big part of a suspension too, right? How much extra if you threw those in?