Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2014, 06:35 AM   #1079
Retro69

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I mounted mine just to the left of the brake master cylinder on the fender. A little bit tight to get to it to fill but a small funnel does the job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 03:44 AM   #1080
camaro-heater
22 years of slammin gears

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Finally installed mine today. Not too hard of a job other than standing on your head in the floorboard. IdealG has a couple of YouTube videos that helped me, made it a lot easier. Taught the gf how to bleed the clutch, she turned out to be a good pumper! I used a clean/dry water bottle an filled out with brake fluid an poked a little bitty hole in cap to keep the little gto reservoir full while bleeding. Tick speed bleeder definitely is worth it, ran a hose from it to the ground in a pan of fluid. Thank you Jerri at Ideal Garage! This upgrade helped my 2nd gear grind! It's finally fully disengaging! Hope to see you at the next Camarofest!
Engine/Performance> Magnuson TVS2300 @ 8lbs-Hennessey CAI-SLP 1 3/4" longtube headers w/ HF cats X pipe SLP Powerflow muffler-QTP dual oval electric cutouts-ZL1 fuel pump-RX catch can-ADM race air scoop,WW relocate-Hurst short throw shifter-
Tuned by: Boost Performance 550rwhp/538tq.
Drivetrain> DSS 3.5" aluminum ds-Street Slayer Twin Carbon-IdealG master cylinder-Tick ss clutch line&speed bleeder-GFORCE 1500 Outlaw axles-JRE rear end pkg(LPE 3.70's,true trac,billet main caps)-LPW rear cover-Nitto NT05's. Suspension> Minor stuff/bushings
camaro-heater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #1081
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro-heater View Post
Finally installed mine today. Not too hard of a job other than standing on your head in the floorboard. IdealG has a couple of YouTube videos that helped me, made it a lot easier. Taught the gf how to bleed the clutch, she turned out to be a good pumper! I used a clean/dry water bottle an filled out with brake fluid an poked a little bitty hole in cap to keep the little gto reservoir full while bleeding. Tick speed bleeder definitely is worth it, ran a hose from it to the ground in a pan of fluid. Thank you Jerri at Ideal Garage! This upgrade helped my 2nd gear grind! It's finally fully disengaging! Hope to see you at the next Camarofest!

Glad we could help!
Old 11-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #1082
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

If anyone is looking to upgrade their rear i have a complete hammerhead kit available with driveshaft and 1400hp axles.

I'm getting rid of my car so i can buy a ZL1 so i'm selling everything i have from my car. Hit me up if your interested. The hammerhead is brand new and needs to be broken in. It has not been in a car. It has 4.33 gears in it. The driveshaft and axles are used with low miles. My car only has 10,000 miles on it and i installed these axles and driveshaft around 5000 miles . Priced to sell!!
Attached Images

Old 12-02-2014, 07:50 PM   #1083
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
If anyone is looking to upgrade their rear i have a complete hammerhead kit available with driveshaft and 1400hp axles.

I'm getting rid of my car so i can buy a ZL1 so i'm selling everything i have from my car. Hit me up if your interested. The hammerhead is brand new and needs to be broken in. It has not been in a car. It has 4.33 gears in it. The driveshaft and axles are used with low miles. My car only has 10,000 miles on it and i installed these axles and driveshaft around 5000 miles . Priced to sell!!
Hammerhead above has been sold.

Cylinders are in stock!!
Old 12-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #1084
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

MASTER CYLINDERS ARE

SOLD OUT!!!

I will have more in 2 or 3 weeks sorry for the wait.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #1085
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

MASTER CYLINDERS ARE BACK IN STOCK!!

SORRY FOR THE WAIT, ALL ORDERS SHIPPING OUT TOMORROW MORNING.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:04 PM   #1086
StLCamarofan

Drives: 2020 2SS 1LE M6
First, much appreciation to the OP, its contributions like yours that make this community great. Im going to guess some of this has been covered somewhere herein, but i skipped to the end after checking the 1st 20 pages, so hopefully you dont mind responding:

My car (a 2010 ss m6) has had the clutch sticking to the floor twice in the last 5 days, just driving to work and not beating on her at all, and while reverse and getting going from a full stop smoothly were something of a challenge before, now both are all but impossible. It seems to go through the gears pretty well once you get her moving 1-2 and so on, but not so @ low RPMs. Except from neutral to first/reverse, the pedal grabs nice and high (although i think it was higher before she got stuck to the floor the first time, maybe im misremembering that, but theres certainly more FEEL in the pedal, like you can feel the reverberations of moving parts through the pedal more now.) The car has had a (at least one) toasted slave about 5k ago, almost 39k miles now. It has an aftermarket clutch (ACT, not sure which).

I MAY be able to call in a favor w/ a local dealer to have the stock junk replaced/repaired, but would I be better served purchasing your product and having a speed shop rebuild my slave/actuator? Or maybe have them dealer rebuild and add your product as well? I use my car as a dd and while i have fun light to light im not pounding on her like some of the guys in this thread. Id just like to be able to take off / back up without horribly shuddering and not have to worry about this thing stranding me. Any direction you can offer would be much appreciated. I apologize for going on at such length, thanks again.

Chris in StL
Old 02-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #1087
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLCamarofan View Post
First, much appreciation to the OP, its contributions like yours that make this community great. Im going to guess some of this has been covered somewhere herein, but i skipped to the end after checking the 1st 20 pages, so hopefully you dont mind responding:

My car (a 2010 ss m6) has had the clutch sticking to the floor twice in the last 5 days, just driving to work and not beating on her at all, and while reverse and getting going from a full stop smoothly were something of a challenge before, now both are all but impossible. It seems to go through the gears pretty well once you get her moving 1-2 and so on, but not so @ low RPMs. Except from neutral to first/reverse, the pedal grabs nice and high (although i think it was higher before she got stuck to the floor the first time, maybe im misremembering that, but theres certainly more FEEL in the pedal, like you can feel the reverberations of moving parts through the pedal more now.) The car has had a (at least one) toasted slave about 5k ago, almost 39k miles now. It has an aftermarket clutch (ACT, not sure which).

I MAY be able to call in a favor w/ a local dealer to have the stock junk replaced/repaired, but would I be better served purchasing your product and having a speed shop rebuild my slave/actuator? Or maybe have them dealer rebuild and add your product as well? I use my car as a dd and while i have fun light to light im not pounding on her like some of the guys in this thread. Id just like to be able to take off / back up without horribly shuddering and not have to worry about this thing stranding me. Any direction you can offer would be much appreciated. I apologize for going on at such length, thanks again.

Chris in StL
It sounds like you have another Slave cylinder or Clutch problem. You should get it checked out first. Don't jump to buy another mod, my master cylinder was really intended to help high rpm grinding issues. you sound like you have another problem.
Call your Dealer or call around some repair shops and ask them if they have a Camera scope, if they do they can look into the transmission bell housing with the camera scope and see if the slave cylinder is leaking or if there is something wrong with the pressure plate. start there.

hope this helps if not PM me or give me a call. good luck
Old 06-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #1088
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
do these also help with the clutch pedal not returning all of the way? I get grinding in 2nd frequently, but I also have a problem of my clutch not returning all of the way when making high rpm shifts....which for me is frequent.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 09:09 PM   #1089
DOOK
Wearing My BowTie

Drives: 2SS~RS VR~Black Ralley's
It's supposed to. It has a dedicated reservoir.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:35 AM   #1090
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

I've had several people call me and tell me it solved the pedal not returning problem, But every car is different and depending on your wear and tear i can not say it will definitely solve your problems. If you have any hp upgrades and are still on the stock clutch i suggest you start looking into a new aftermarket clutch.
Old 06-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #1091
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
I'm making 620rwhp, and I have the LPE ZR1 twin disc. My throw out bearing went out so I'm waiting for parts to come in and am replacing/upgrading everything else because I don't want to pull the tyranny again next year or in a few months. I came across this thread while researching parts, and it looks like a good investment.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:08 PM   #1092
jamesfg49

Drives: 2011 2SS
Ordering mine today!