Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
mrpre10der

camaros in dealership

i just spoke to my gm at the dealer .i told him i want to order my ss on october 13 he said he had no clue that u can order them at that time. he also said he maybe only getting 3 and they were going to vips of the dealership.i still told him i wanted to order one and he told me they will be going for alot of money over sticker ,that everybody and there grandmother wants one.and that i will be waiting along time for it. anybody have any clue to this being some what true .i dont believe anything a salesman says after hello especially a general manager .
Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
They don't know allocation, price, or all the info on the book yet. We got some of that before some of the dealers read it. Wait until Friday for more information.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:08 PM   #3
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Just shop around sounds like that dealer is a dud. Prob why he doesnt have any info cause he's a bum. I d tell him that he lost any of your future business and ask him how his sales were last quarter. Plenty of dealers out there that wanna sell cars.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
That is what I am worried I will get out of my local dealer here. When I mentioned October 13 they had no idea what I was talking about. They did tell me that they would charge MSRP, though they also said that there are 5 or 6 people paying "a lot of money" to be first, which worries me. I am afraid the 13th will come and I won't be able to get one from them and I will be scrambling to find another dealer and end up not getting in on the first allotment.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The fact that he didn't know about October 13 kinda shows how good of a dealership that is...
Old 10-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
Wow you guys dont give dealers a break you think dealers go onto chevy launch everyday to see if there is new news, no. They only way they will get the info is through a phone call, fax, or from the mail. Dealerships arn't die hard camaro fans and addicts like most of us and are not on here trying to find out new info.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
Zieke
Camaro Deprived

Drives: 78 Camaro, 00 Tahoe, 10 Cobalt
Send a message via MSN to Zieke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
Wow you guys dont give dealers a break you think dealers go onto chevy launch everyday to see if there is new news, no. They only way they will get the info is through a phone call, fax, or from the mail. Dealerships arn't die hard camaro fans and addicts like most of us and are not on here trying to find out new info.
good point.
but you think they would atleast know about when ordering starts and stuff like that.

Joined Active Navy: 10-28-08
Zieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #8
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpre10der View Post
i just spoke to my gm at the dealer .i told him i want to order my ss on october 13 he said he had no clue that u can order them at that time. he also said he maybe only getting 3 and they were going to vips of the dealership.i still told him i wanted to order one and he told me they will be going for alot of money over sticker ,that everybody and there grandmother wants one.and that i will be waiting along time for it. anybody have any clue to this being some what true .i dont believe anything a salesman says after hello especially a general manager .
Go to another dealer that wants you business

Crowley
Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #9
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Shouldn't they know by now though? It is my understanding that they should all have the booklets now, or is that an incorrect assumption?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
shroomjohn

Drives: Golden Eagle
Well if my paycheck was based on sales Id be doing everything I could to be the most knowledgeable I could be about the product Im selling. Not all but a lot of these guys are just lazy chumps. It bothers me when I go to a dealership and know quite a bit more than the guys who are suppossed to be moving the product...lol sorry dont mean to rant just a pet peeve of mine...um camaro s rule!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #11
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

The only place those booklets are is on the chevy launch website. Yeah i can see where you guys are coming from if the dealers all got book sent out to them and they just ignored them then yeah i would leave but this is not the case.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #12
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shroomjohn View Post
Well if my paycheck was based on sales Id be doing everything I could to be the most knowledgeable I could be about the product Im selling. Not all but a lot of these guys are just lazy chumps. It bothers me when I go to a dealership and know quite a bit more than the guys who are suppossed to be moving the product...lol sorry dont mean to rant just a pet peeve of mine...um camaro s rule!!!
I agree, they are supposed to be selling me the car, it shouldn't be the other way around.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:39 PM   #13
GoldFire
Newborn Camaro Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
The only place those booklets are is on the chevy launch website. Yeah i can see where you guys are coming from if the dealers all got book sent out to them and they just ignored them then yeah i would leave but this is not the case.
So what if these dealers don't check the chevylaunch site before next monday?
Old 10-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #14
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Well either i hope GM sends them a book or emails the dealerships this info or they will be clueless to all of this until we go in there and give them there info and tell them to go to chevylaunch.com and log in. It could get ugly if that happens haha