Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Because how many 300+ hp, RWD, 2+2 coupes, that handle well and still run low 14s are out on the market for that price? Not many. People have personal preferences. Nothing for you to get. Why didn't you buy a ZL1? If you can't afford a ZL1, why bother. There are better performing cars than the SS for less money. See? The argument can always go up hill from there.

This is what I've been trying to say all along. Thank you.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #30
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBlack View Post
No. Probably where this is going.

V6 only section.

V8 only section.

ZL1 only section.

Good spellers section.

PC section.
Well I hope it doesn't go that way. One of my good buds on the forum is an SS owner and we get along just fine, so that should be proof that we can all get along.

Its sad that this nonsense has to happen but thats just the way it is.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #31
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Had a Camaro. And to answer your question, because your V8 friends still like me better than anyone with a V6 Camaro

Relax, I was joking. And are you the C5 Mustang police? Do you get upset when people of different color, race, religion or creed come and sit in YOUR restaurant? If not, get off my Mustang driving back.
I don't care what others say........I wouldn't mind owning a new 5.0 or Shelby
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #32
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'm actually going to be a bit serious on this post (which can be a surprise to some people).

Camaro5 is actually quite good about being supportive of both the V6 & V8. Though I just sold my SS, I loved seeing the V6 people join along, and never gave them a hard time (except in fun, perhaps...just like I make fun of those that drive automatics for the humor value).

Many of the posts you see in the v6/v8 threads or many of the other repeat threads that pop up all the time...are just that...joking around. Most of the long time people on these boards don't have an issue with the v6 or v8.

That being said, the V8 is (or was, until the ZL1) the top dog as far as stock Camaros went. Is it really that surprising that people are going to hope that you have the best Camaro out, and might even be disappointed if they can't experience the true power/sound of a v8? To me, not really.

So, when people are mad because people would actually bring up NOT having a V8 is kind of funny to me...because any car fan is really going to want to see the big dog. And, now that big dog is the ZL1.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #33
2011 SS

Drives: 2011 SS M6, LT's, CAI, SLP LM II's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked 6 View Post
I should explain...my Cobra was KB-blown making 650 horsepower. No doubt there are SS Camaros that can yank that...heck, there are Honda Civics that could too...but it was a blast to drive and if you notice, I referred to it being faster than a stock SS...not a modded one.
Why would you compare a stock Camaro to a 650hp Cobra, regardless of what point you were trying to make, you shouldn't compare the two.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #34
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Quote:
Because how many 300+ hp, RWD, 2+2 coupes, that handle well and still run low 14s are out on the market for that price? Not many. People have personal preferences. Nothing for you to get. Why didn't you buy a ZL1? If you can't afford a ZL1, why bother. There are better performing cars than the SS for less money. See? The argument can always go up hill from there.
i could not have said it better myself

i would also like to know what car costs 24k (like mine did) and has 323HP or more while looking as good or better than the camaro.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #35
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post
i could not have said it better myself

i would also like to know what car costs 24k or less, (like mine did) and has 323HP or more while looking as good or better than the camaro.
lol the V6 Mustang
Old 05-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #36
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtplt View Post
SS drivers aren't "hating" on V6 drivers. We just honestly DO NOT GET IT.
All the rationalizations in the world will not help us understand. It is simple, if one cannot afford the SS, why bother? There are a lot of more economical cars that are far superior to the Camaro V6, and most of them even cost less.
I think your speaking for yourself bud....lots of SS owners DO GET IT.

Putting performane ASIDE....just look at the car. Its freaking beautiful....people would be interested no matter what. People want to own a good looking car.

and I could go on and on about other crap, but its useless to do so in this case.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #37
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Had a Camaro. And to answer your question, because your V8 friends still like me better than anyone with a V6 Camaro

Relax, I was joking. And are you the C5 Mustang police? Do you get upset when people of different color, race, religion or creed come and sit in YOUR restaurant? If not, get off my Mustang driving back.
I should have clarified that this was meant as a joke.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:43 PM   #38
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Quote:
lol the V6 Mustang
ok, the mustang and camaro are pretty evenly matched as far as the V6s go. i have yet to see a FAIR AND ACCURATE power/speed comparison between a 2012 camaro and 2012 mustang. mine was only crude at best, so i'm still gonna give the mustang the benefit of the doubt.

i like mustangs too. my dad even has a 2011 GT that i drive sometimes.

in my opinion, there is one thing that makes the camaro shine over the mustang and that is how both cars look. i just much prefer the camaro styling over the mustang styling.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #39
CamaroWinz

Drives: 2LT/RS (TBD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtplt View Post
SS drivers aren't "hating" on V6 drivers. We just honestly DO NOT GET IT.
All the rationalizations in the world will not help us understand. It is simple, if one cannot afford the SS, why bother? There are a lot of more economical cars that are far superior to the Camaro V6, and most of them even cost less.
This forum needs an "ignore" button.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:52 PM   #40
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Well everyone is entiled to their own opinion. And I totally agree with yours,but also is my opinion,And personially don't care who likes it,enough said on my part. The club I belong to welcomes all vehicles not exclusive to camaro. We have get togethers every other wk. in summer. We get group together 3-4 times a year and put them on Watkins Glen track & have a hell of a good time. Weget together for bowling maybe 3 times a year. Have over 150 members in club. We go too Maryland Nationals for 3 days. And have a lot of V-6 members that we are proud of and do not look down on them. Member of Upstate C 5 check it out and go to page 1 and see what were doing. And everyone out there have a great time no matter what you drive it's your choice.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:53 PM   #41
ShowSStopper
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS Black Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 SS View Post
Why would you compare a stock Camaro to a 650hp Cobra, regardless of what point you were trying to make, you shouldn't compare the two.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
BC I always get told about how I just have buyers remorse for not going SS. And as a point that an SS is not the end all be all. Nothing is.

Take it easy. Jeez.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:56 PM   #42

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
But truth be told, the only time I ever... EVER see v6 versus v8 threads or posts are when it's a v6 guy who is butt sore.
I think this is something that is over-looked and sort of a gray area along with the "V-6 trade-up" threads, etc.
More and more threads are about V-6 owners looking for back-up and support for their decision to trade up...This inevitably goes downhill when some say don't do it, the SS isn't worth it, then SS guys think its a great idea and defend their purchase (as the op asked)...Just sayin' its not all one way, and V-6 owners can't claim total innocence about not stirring the pot themselves....
If you key in on those remarks that are upsetting, its a never-ending battle and only gets uglier.
Certain threads are very easy to avoid, often go off-track and all the rest.

I wouldn't "throw the baby out with the bath-water" over the V-6 V-8 thing...the website has a lot more to offer than the upsetting part.

Closed Thread